Arm Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

4.1
Arm Chief Executive Officer Simon Segars
Simon Segars
Pros
  • "The company really cares about your work-life balance(in 212 reviews)

• "Cooperation in work environment(in 111 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Location not exactly in the center of Cambridge(in 71 reviews)

• "Work life balance at Arm can be difficult to balance(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Arm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good salary + incentives

Jan 14, 2021 - Lead Talent Advisor in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good salary, incentives and bonuses

Cons

Work life balance + +

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

90% good - 10% needs work

Sep 18, 2020 - Administrative in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked at Arm for 6 years now, and in that time I’ve seen a lot of changes - both as a company and in individual teams. As a company, I think the culture is very good. They (for the most part) value and take care of their employees and do offer a lot of benefits. I am not in an engineering or technicals team, so cannot speak for them, but I feel like, in general, work life balance is pretty good and there’s not a lot of pushback when taking time off. As with any company, there are very busy times and very slow times, but for the part, workload is consistent. Nearly everyone (and of course there’s always exceptions to the rule) is friendly and personable - most people, regardless of level, will have a chat with you. I think there is a good mix of older and newer employees which helps make it feel grounded and not overrun with attitudes and egos. Pay is good and bonuses and incentives through the year are good too. Sabbatical after 4 years is a nice incentive. I love how involved they are with philanthropy and making a difference - and it’s genuine. Not just something they put in the media to make them look good.

Cons

Communication is still something they need to work on. When we got bought the first time, it was out of the blue and people were very upset with the lack of communication. Leadership recognized this and committed to being better. In some respects they are, but we can take the recent sale to Nvidia as an example of them not being great. Even after Masa admitted in public that he was looking to either sell or take to IPO early, it was never even touched on at Arm. Obviously there are restrictions to what can be said, but for 3 months of rumors and uncertainty, to push it off and not even acknowledge it is in bad taste, and shows a lack of respect for the employees. Vacation is certainly better than most non-tech companies, but given most tech places offer unlimited vacation I’m amazed we don’t. Reasoning has been given that without a cap on hours people are less inclined to take it. Way around it - make it mandatory that people take at least a week every quarter. I’m not sure who would be against that proposal... Certain managers and supervisors are terrible and have no place being managers at all. Certain people have a fear of rocking the boat or making people upset if logical decisions are made...hence why people retain management status despite it making no sense when it comes to the structure of the team. Not enough career growth - I’ve been talked out of progressing multiple times by the same manager and gave lost out on good opportunities because of it. This can also be said for being promised promotions and then being told it won’t happen as it was never approved...huh?!

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company

Oct 28, 2020 - Performance Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work, decent work-life balance

Cons

low salary little bit of politics based on teams

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

OK, but not challenging

Sep 23, 2020 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Pay is decent

Cons

Not interesting. Good for hardware, not so much for software. Career progression limited.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

work culture

Sep 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

very collaborative; realistic goals; good work-life balance

Cons

pluses easily outweigh any downsides

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Smart people- decent work (a good mix of complex vs. simple challanges)

Jul 30, 2019 - Staff Engineer in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best part of working at Arm is that it's a good people-oriented company. Good compensation/vacations: Good work-life balance

Cons

Waltham location Personally, I'd have loved Arm even more if the office were in Cambridge/MA or in a cooler Boston area. Remote site of Arm: Not possible for everyone to be connected to headquarters/other big offices around the world.

Global Talent Brand Manager

We agree - it's all about the people. Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review :)

7. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Nice place to work

Sep 11, 2019 - Verification Design Engineer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice and friendly, the overall atmosphere is good. Work life balance is nice

Cons

not pay so well, but has some compensations

8. 3.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Horrible Experience

Jul 9, 2019 - Intern - Hourly in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great pay -So much to do in Austin -Great environment to work in -Great work-life balance

Cons

-Recruiters can do so much better at organizing intern events. -Not much learned during the internship -Companies politics stifled the opportunity to learn more

Global Talent Brand Manager

The work-life balance and the environment is something that teams speak proudly of in Austin, we are pleased you agree 😊. Thanks for the feedback on the intern events, we are always keen to drive ambassadors within groups and it seems like you could really contribute with some ideas, on how to make it better. Please reach out to me directly – aylin.halil@arm.com

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire joined last month

Jul 10, 2019 - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, collaborative work environment, good work-life balance, decent perks, and great benefits.

Cons

Nothing major, facilities (cube areas) are a bit old but they are moving to a new building next door!

Global Talent Brand Manager

Congratulations and welcome to the team! We are pleased everyone has made you feel welcome and we do hope you'll like the makeover in the new office :)

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

good company to work in bay area

Jun 28, 2019 - Principal Applications Engineer in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

benefits are good, work life balance

Cons

upper management is not clear

Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Reviews
    </>Embed

Popular Careers with Arm Job Seekers

Software Engineer
    JobsSalariesInterviews
    Senior Software Engineer (Treasure Data)
    Design Verification Engineer