Armanino Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Armanino Managing Partner Andy Armanino
Andy Armanino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Commitment to life-work integration: This is different than what most firms refer to as work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Company culture is great, people are great and supportive of growth (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Might as well get the Big 4 education/experience since the hours worked annually are the same (in 8 reviews)

• It is a revolving door accounting firm (in 5 reviews)

"Leadership, learning and development, and opportunity count"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Armanino LLP, led by Andy and Matt Armanino has a quality of leadership other firms covet and struggle to implement. Their leadership by example permeates its way across and down the work environment and culture from the Partner/Manager level to the Staff Accountant role respectively. It is no mistake that Andy "was named to INSIDE Public Accounting's (IPA) 2016 Most Admired Peer List".

Other firms have vision and mission statements; however few allocate the resources and time to support them. Armanino in contrast does allocate the time and resources.

Armanino's purpose is "to be the most innovative and entrepreneurial firm that makes a positive impact of the lives of our clients and people". Further, its second core value is "empowerment" defined as, "we encourage our people to follow their ideas and passions, and we give them the freedom and support to succeed".

That sounds fluffy until you consider the time and resources Armanino dedicates to people development. For example, this firm has a Learning and Development Department. They host personal and professional development courses weekly. Courses include: Excel skills, Writing Improvement, Emotional Intelligence in the Work Environment, Professional CPE, 10 tips for Powerful Power Point presentations, Leadership for first line supervisors, 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange Workshops, Supervising a Respectful Workplace and more.

At Armanino you will be encouraged to pursue opportunities that interest you! As a late career changer who's work for some of the best leadership worldwide before, Armanino measure up and then some. The intangible respectful and encouraging environment "counts".

Other notable positives include leading cloud based technology platforms, modern workspaces, and a deep bench of Partner intellectual capital that's accessible as a Staff Accountant.

Cons

I have not experienced any, hence the world class leadership working environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. "It really rocks to be here"

Current Employee - Supervising Senior Accountant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervising Senior Accountant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, challenging work, solid growth potential, actual work-life balance

Cons

401k match would be nice - although profit sharing is a good alternative!
    Onboarding needs to involve not just Armanino history and procedure but procedures to help people start their first day

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The positivity here is infectious and that's the best reflection of you that could possibly exist

3. "Sr Sales Executive"

I have been working at Armanino full-time

Pros

Armanino focuses on the quality of the organization.

Cons

As a net new representative Armanino had a poor plan in the Los Angeles market.

4. "Senior"

Current Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Armanino is the most friendly public accounting firm I have worked with. The managers and partners here spent lunch time with the staffs and talk about fun things. All the employees have opportunities to meet and engaged in events with people outside of their department. Highly recommended!

Cons

I'm still too new to notice the downsides.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Armanino full-time

Pros

The culture here is great! My team has been awesome with supporting me in getting adjusted to my new position!
    I feel like my success in the position really adds value to the organization!

Cons

The health benefits are rather below par in general...VERY expensive for the family plans even with HSA

Advice to Management

In general, everything about the organization is really great! However, as the company grows and the need to attract more seasoned employees, the health benefits are less than desirable.

"Senior Tax Accountant"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Armanino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse, Challenging Work. Many opportunities abound, provided if they are presented to you and you have the support from management.

Cons

It is a revolving door accounting firm. Unless you're the son of a partner or good friends with upper management, one's growth is likely to stagnate here. 3-4 years is good before it is time to move on due to the stifling atmosphere of office politics and the disconnect between management and staff.

Advice to Management

Partners and Managers need to connect more with staff. They need to know more about staff's ambitions and career goals and assign work based on those goals.

7. "Amazing Experience!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture
    - Amazing growth
    - Great work-life balance

Cons

- Need to get up and running quick
    - Fast growth but processes need to grow with the firm

8. "Hawking Reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great entrepreneurial spirit especially from the partners and specifically the partners that have been with the firm for 25+ years.

Cons

None this place is consistently awesome

9. "Audit Staff I"

Current Employee - Audit Staff I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Staff I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with the Armanino audit team, the firm is very open to their employees' feedback and is consistently improving their employee experience. The partners truly care about your growth, they've invested in the firm to practice the growth mindset and encourage you to expand your knowledge by always asking questions when you're feeling unsure. You always feel your team has your back, you're never made to feel like you're alone on a job. Additionally, you have great health benefits and a good work/life balance. Bonuses are a nice treat as you work hard to issue on schedule. I am more than happy to recommend good people to this team!

Cons

I have yet to encounter a con worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep practicing the growth mindset, it truly helps the staff team grow and look up to their superiors.

10. "staff accountant"

I have been working at Armanino full-time

Pros

you can learn alot

Cons

no cons. alot of growth