Armanino Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.9
Armanino Managing Partner Andy Armanino
Andy Armanino

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Commitment to life-work integration: This is different than what most firms refer to as work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Company culture is great, people are great and supportive of growth (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Might as well get the Big 4 education/experience since the hours worked annually are the same (in 8 reviews)

• It is a revolving door accounting firm (in 5 reviews)

"Leadership, learning and development, and opportunity count"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Armanino LLP, led by Andy and Matt Armanino has a quality of leadership other firms covet and struggle to implement. Their leadership by example permeates its way across and down the work environment and culture from the Partner/Manager level to the Staff Accountant role respectively. It is no mistake that Andy "was named to INSIDE Public Accounting's (IPA) 2016 Most Admired Peer List".

Other firms have vision and mission statements; however few allocate the resources and time to support them. Armanino in contrast does allocate the time and resources.

Armanino's purpose is "to be the most innovative and entrepreneurial firm that makes a positive impact of the lives of our clients and people". Further, its second core value is "empowerment" defined as, "we encourage our people to follow their ideas and passions, and we give them the freedom and support to succeed".

That sounds fluffy until you consider the time and resources Armanino dedicates to people development. For example, this firm has a Learning and Development Department. They host personal and professional development courses weekly. Courses include: Excel skills, Writing Improvement, Emotional Intelligence in the Work Environment, Professional CPE, 10 tips for Powerful Power Point presentations, Leadership for first line supervisors, 1031 Tax Deferred Exchange Workshops, Supervising a Respectful Workplace and more.

At Armanino you will be encouraged to pursue opportunities that interest you! As a late career changer who's work for some of the best leadership worldwide before, Armanino measure up and then some. The intangible respectful and encouraging environment "counts".

Other notable positives include leading cloud based technology platforms, modern workspaces, and a deep bench of Partner intellectual capital that's accessible as a Staff Accountant.

Cons

I have not experienced any, hence the world class leadership working environment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Senior Tax Accountant"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Accountant in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Armanino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diverse, Challenging Work. Many opportunities abound, provided if they are presented to you and you have the support from management.

Cons

It is a revolving door accounting firm. Unless you're the son of a partner or good friends with upper management, one's growth is likely to stagnate here. 3-4 years is good before it is time to move on due to the stifling atmosphere of office politics and the disconnect between management and staff.

Advice to Management

Partners and Managers need to connect more with staff. They need to know more about staff's ambitions and career goals and assign work based on those goals.

3. "Senior"

Current Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Armanino is the most friendly public accounting firm I have worked with. The managers and partners here spent lunch time with the staffs and talk about fun things. All the employees have opportunities to meet and engaged in events with people outside of their department. Highly recommended!

Cons

I'm still too new to notice the downsides.

4. "Amazing Experience!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture
    - Amazing growth
    - Great work-life balance

Cons

- Need to get up and running quick
    - Fast growth but processes need to grow with the firm

5. "Hawking Reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great entrepreneurial spirit especially from the partners and specifically the partners that have been with the firm for 25+ years.

Cons

None this place is consistently awesome

"Tax Staff/Senior"

Former Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing at a faced pace through acquisitions. Feel is they want to continue to expand east.

Cons

I only speak for the San Ramon Location. Well about 9 people have left in 6 months so use your imagination. I wasn't a disgruntled employee coming back on here to vent just telling it like it is. I think there is potential within the tax department to become better than how the reviews are currently being reflected on here. However as it currently stands, the culture has changed from everyone leaving the past few years. One reason is that it takes about 6-7 years to go from staff to manager here. A lot of the current managers had to wait a while so they force talent to wait their turn. If partners have issues with staff or seniors they sometimes communicate it through giving zero bonuses or no promotions instead of communicating in person. If you join you will learn in person what issues exist. There are not a lot of firms in the east bay which may be a reason why talent across all levels is underwhelming. If you are talented be prepared to work and if they like you they will compensate you well. At the same time, be ready for some drama.

Advice to Management

Not really sure what they would do with it except ask why it wasn't coded correctly.

7. "Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good culture. love the people

Cons

have things to work on

"Leave No Employee Behind"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees in other departments - tax, audit - appear to be very happy and are unified.

The company lets people work at home

Cons

Management in our department rarely talk to employees - if you're not a manager, you're invisible.

Some of the people that have been with the company for a number of years don't mingle with those of us who are relatively new.

The work assignments are unbalanced. Some people are crazy busy and others have little to do.

Compensation and annual increases are not great.

The company is growing so fast that things are falling in cracks.

Work areas are over crowded. When I'm on the phone with a client, they can hear someone from across the room.

The company is trying to appeal to the millennials so hard that they're disregarding everyone else.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people, not dollar signs. Spend some money on department events.

"Consulting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Armanino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworkers are great. Plenty of snacks. Pto is good.

Cons

Bad upper management. Aggressive growth strategy. No training for staffs. No growth opportunity for staffs. Managers will throw the staffs under the bus to make themselves look good. No team-building events cause it is causing the company money. Pay is way below the market rate. Don't work here.

10. "Great People - Exciting Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Armanino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility.
    Work from home options.
    Growth of firm.
    Early promotions.

Cons

401K Matching would be great.