Armchem Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Andrew Brahms

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"From The Inside Looking Out"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Armchem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked in Armchem’s customer service department since 2001 (with the exception of a 3-year hiatus when I moved out of state), taking over as manager a little over 5 years ago. Sitting in the “engine” room of the company, I see and hear all. There are things that I think we do exceptionally well, and there are areas that need a little love. That makes us no different than any other company out there.

What separates us is loyalty. Within the walls of Armchem’s home base in Fort Lauderdale are dozens of employees that have worked here for years. In my department alone, there are four of us; one has worked here for 20 years, I’ve been here a total of 12, another has been here 10 and my “rookie” just started her sixth year with the company. Look into our warehouse, our accounting department and our inside sales team and there are similar statistics.

This loyalty extends beyond our walls as well, as we have numerous sales reps in the field that have spent the majority of their careers working for Armchem. Similarly, we have customers that have purchased their supplies from us for decades, including several well-known corporations. Like those of us here in the office, they stick around because Armchem is good at its core.

If you are considering working for Armchem as a sales rep, take a long look at yourself first.

Are you hungry and unwilling to settle for “just enough to get by?” Will you spend your evenings planning your next day, and be up and out of the house bright and early? Will you put in a full day every Monday through Friday? Will you take time to study our products? Will you invest in your customers and know what they need, even if they don't know that they need it? Will you be honest about your business?

If your answers are “yes,” then you should consider working for Armchem. You will have the ability to make a comfortable living and enjoy a fulfilling career.

If you hesitated answering "yes" to any of the above, then you will end up frustrated and angry. Period. Save yourself the time and energy, and seek employment elsewhere.

Sales is not an easy job. Andy Brahms, the owner, will help make it easier by arming you with a management team that will help inspire and push you to reach your full potential, an office staff that is here to help you every step of the way and a roster of products that are absolutely outstanding and often sell themselves.

If you know that you can absolutely kick butt out in the field and sell the heck out of our products, then do not let a handful of negative reviews on here scare you away from what could be a lucrative career at Armchem. Understand that there will always be people who have not had the best experience with a company. Is it entirely their fault? Maybe not…but then again, the company is not entirely to blame either.

I have devoted almost my entire career to Armchem, and it is a move I would make again in a heartbeat. The Brahms family will make you feel like one of them. If you choose to take that olive branch and snap it, then that is on you. But if you take that branch and grow with it, you will find yourself part of a solid team all working towards the same goal.

Cons

There aren't any cons if this company is the right fit for you.

"It is a SCAM!!!"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Armchem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Products, but they do not manufacture their own, so many companies have the same great products

Cons

As mentioned many times in the reviews, they work very hard to discover ways on how NOT to pay you what you have earned. The owner is a scam artist, and has no integrity, or honor. it is advised you research, research, and do not accept employment, unless you are very desperate. I was they had a rating option below 1.

Advice to Management

Treat people well, with dignity, abide by your contract, and do the right thing for your employees, and customers.

"Unbiased review from a current Area Manager"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Armchem full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

To people that may be scanning these reviews in hopes of authentic reasons to join or dismiss this company for a sales-driven career, allow me to help. There are both pros and cons.

--I've been an area manager for a little under five years. I have about 380 accounts that span from as south as Homestead to as north as Riviera Beach, FL. What an ENORMOUS Pro. I have had three sales jobs in the past, all with strictly enforced territory lines that always left me feeling limited and creatively restricted. What if I found an incredible account in two counties away from my home? I would have to give it away? That never made sense to me, and to Armchem, it seemingly doesn't either. If you can sell, they can help.

--EVERYONE is a potential client to sell ANYTHING to. Please think about that. If they think X product or Y product is "too this" or "too that", there are virtually THOUSANDS of other options to sell them. I have some customers that buy completely miscellaneous products weekly simply because I mentioned it to them. If you talk to the successful veterans, they will share in this sentiment as well.

--I think for me though, I love the fact that this is a family business that has survived for over thirty years. For this reason, the access to help is easy. Once you prove your dedication, commitment and success- the amount of support is incredible from even the CEO himself. Everyone seems deeply passionate about what they do, and they're there to help- even if it's just a voicemail to someone personally.

Cons

--No CRM. This was almost a deal-breaker for me at first. It's definitely gotten better with the App and with closer communication with my CSR- who essentially helps me with everything. But still- would be nice.

--The grind- this one isn't a Con as much as it is an expectation. You are told what needs to be done from day 1. Most people however, don't realize how tough it can be... and it CAN BE TOUGH. Sorry, it WILL BE (in the beginning- it's almost a piece of cake at this point).

--Lack of employee interaction. You're an outside sales person, so you're on the road alone. All day. Every day. Sure, the company has conferences, incentive-driven trips out of the country and various meetings- but the job is done mainly alone.

Advice to Management

Armchem is a sales powerhouse- and your employees need to reflect this hustle as well. It's an eyeroll when you see the same complaints- "They hold your paycheck!" (you never turned in your samples), "The products are so expensive!" (you never built the value or even knew their multiple capabilities)... And so on. Although these individuals never personally effected me, I know we need more quality people

"Beware"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

Pros

Good base pay. They call it a "tick down". However, they hold first weeks pay, then hold that until 90 days after you either get fired or resign.

Cons

I already did a review, but since the response from "HR" was that I did not do a good enough job, I felt the need to reply. You start off with NO account base at all. When a salesperson leaves, all accounts that were opened become house accounts. You are expected to open all new accounts, and better do that in a hurry. Expectations are 2 new accounts per day. You do get to listen to "coach" Andy every morning talk about the "Armchem Way". Well the Armchem way is to use their salespeople, get rid of them and keep the accounts. Great deal for them. Take a look at how many jobs are available there and you will see for yourself.

Advice to Management

None, too far gone.

Armchem Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Human Resources

In response to this posting, because we are expanding in new territories we sometimes have no book of business to give. Many of the job postings are in new areas we are expanding in. Those developed... More

"Outside Sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

Pros

This is my second year and so far my experience has been mostly positive. I have had lots of training and support to help me overcome my obstacles. I look forward to continued success with the company.

Cons

First year is always the hardest but once you overcome the obstacles in the first year it gets a heck of a lot easier. Its about growing your account base then it becomes easier.

Advice to Management

Please keep up with the communications, this is key to all of us Reps.

6. "Outside Sales.. Super Products"

I worked at Armchem full-time

Pros

Really loved my time here. Great products, great opportunities, great way to work.. if you REALLY like working!

Cons

None, left because my husband had an opportunity in another state

Advice to Management

all good.. loved the whole crew!

"Unlimited Opportunities"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Armchem full-time

Pros

The products practically sell themselves. I have never worked for a company where I could have 100% faith in the products working better than anything the competitors could offer until I worked at Armchem. If you consider yourself a lover of sales, invest your time in Armchem and you will be able to build a stable career for yourself in no time.

Cons

You must be able to retain that confidence in yourself even in the face of all the inevitable rejection. Not for the mentally weak. If you have that drive installed in you, this job will work amazingly for you.

Advice to Management

None. The constant and unwavering support was a much needed breath of fresh air.

"Thirteen years with Armchem & going Strong."

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Miami, FL

I have been working at Armchem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you REALLY want to know what it's like to work at armchem.. Ask a veteran. I have been with the company since 2003. Many of us have been around even earlier. It's a great company to grow with both for financial and for professional reasons.

Cons

It's lonely on the road all day. Aggressive type of selling. Need a thick skin

Advice to Management

None

9. "Horrible!!!!"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Armchem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! This company has a history of doing people wrong

Cons

Old school sales practices and no CRM tool. They hold your paycheck as stated in other reviews. Do yourself a favor and research the company. You will see multiple complaints about how they find ways to not pay you. All positive reviews are bogus. This company is a joke. Dont be fooled like I was and many others.

Advice to Management

Stop misleading people

10. "Best Job I have Ever Had!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Armchem full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Products are really great and the commission earn what your worth style is exactly what I like. They actually give you the freedom to call on whatever new type of clients you want and in just about any territory.. All great if you are a true hungry salesperson.

Cons

Hard work, if you can call that a con!

Advice to Management

so far so good! My manager is great!