Armstrong Franklin Reviews | Glassdoor

Armstrong Franklin Reviews

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WIlliam Markey

1. "My experience with Armstrong Franklin so far has been a great one."

Current Employee - Technical Regruting Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Regruting Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Armstrong Franklin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are many pros in working here in Armstrong Franklin, we do get one paid day off every moth you don't have to be sick if you feel like you need a day to yourself to take care of any thing its there. Also the environment in the office is one of the best ones I been lucky enough to work with.

My co-workers are more then co-workers everyone here becomes friends. We are here to help each other we motivate each other as well. Our boss does expect us to reach our goal every day to help us he keeps us motivated, as well as giving us tips on how to improve. He is appreciable I feel conferrable enough to approach him with and issues I'm having with my work.

We do have really good perks about working here our boss makes sure to buy us whatever snacks we want during the week so we can snack while we work. He also takes us out to lunch or just orders lunch for us randomly.

Cons

For the cons I would say this job isn't for anyone we do have goals we need to reach every day, as well as emailing, talking on the phone every day if someone isn't willing to put in 100% into it they will easily fail. This job is different everyday no day is the same so when someone cant handle more then one task at once they will fail as well.

"Armstrong Franklin Technology"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiting Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiting Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Armstrong Franklin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is continuing to grow and has an excellent career advancement structure. The ability to grow within the company is fast paced and rewarding.The working environment is positive. The employees are aware of what is expected of them at all times. Employees receive immediate feedback, which is helpful to the employee's individual growth.

Cons

As with any recruiting position, it is a high stress role. One must be able to deal with many different personalities when interacting with candidates.

3. "Great Firm/Excellent Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Armstrong Franklin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Un-capped earnings potential. Proven recruitment methodology that produces excellent results given the difficulty with the IT searches that we run into on a daily basis. We currently work with some of the largest employers in the country so there is never a shortage of orders to work on. We work very closely as a team therefore you never feel alone; which at time is a real and scary thought. We work out of a beautiful office space located at the Int’l Square building with an atrium balcony in the suite that we’re all able to sit outside and enjoy the cool air and nice fountain in the center of the building we’re located at.

Cons

Everyone that has made it for more than a year with this firm or its subsidiaries are all making well over six figures within Sales and/or Recruiting. The Top Producers here are in the seven figure range. The company and its subsidiaries have been around since 1985 so the culture is very deep and strong. You've got to work very hard and at times go above and beyond in terms of work hours to find the right candidates for our clients. But if you're looking to make over $125k your 1st year; this is the place to do it.

Advice to Management

Lets get some more recruiters on the staff to maintain the growth we've seen in just the last 6 months

"Unprofessional, unethical, fraudulent."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Armstrong Franklin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros that I can talk about. Unfortunately, my experience with Armstrong Franklin was extremely bad to say the least.

Cons

This company is a fraud. They are extremely unprofessional, unorganized, and full of empty promises. They do not have any structure. Everyone in the company speaks ill of each other and their conference calls consist of employees putting each other down.

Advice to Management

I would give advice to management, but unfortunately there was no one that I would actually consider to be at management level.

"Smaller company that's trying to have a tremendous impact."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

No Micromanaging, Flexible schedule, Commission based

Cons

Stressful, Commission based, Small company

7. "Great opportunity"

I have been working at Armstrong Franklin full-time

Pros

This company is a great place to start you r career. They do a lot for their employees. And they really make an effort to see you succeed. Its not an easy job but it definitely is a good place to be. I am making good money and I feel there is a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

some long hours and tough days

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"A Good Entry Level recruiting opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Armstrong Franklin full-time

Pros

Able to enter into the recruiting industry dealing with high level professionals. The people underneath the leadership are friendly to work with. Not a typical grind you down type of culture. Salary plus bonus gives you some financial security.

Cons

It is a very small organization, with little perks/benefits to attract or hold onto people. There is glaring nepotism within the office with one leader doing nothing and getting paid for it. The people filling the searches are highly underpaid compared to industry standards.

Advice to Management

Pay people for the work they do, and do not pay someone who isn't part of a search as much as the people doing it. Stop claiming a role can make more money than what is realistic during interviews.

"Boutique Firm doing what the big Firms do best, only better!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

Pros

Open forum, atmosphere cultivates idea sharing, team support within entrepreneurial environment.

Cons

Benefits due to being a smaller firm

Advice to Management

More competitive/ comprehensive benefits package