Arnold Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Todd Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people who understand the industry & want to see the company succeed (in 3 reviews)

• Newer equipment, Breakdown dept is better than average, scheduled home time is a priority you will typically get home on your scheduled day off (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • no home time when there s emergencies (in 4 reviews)

• daytime dispatch are snotty/uninformed/scatterbrained (in 10 reviews)

1. "Driver"

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time

Pros

It is an established company with a good track record...new equipment and mostly midwest driving.

Cons

After a change of management a few years back they went from caring about the driver to caring more about the truck moving and hauling the freight.

2. "Going nowhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a surprising number of people at Arnold with many years of experience. Good people who understand the industry & want to see the company succeed.

Cons

Arnold is plagued by the capital investment company that provides a controlling interest in their finances. The investment company is too quick to pull the trigger when results from a previously made hair-trigger decision haven't paid magnificent dividends. In other words, they're impatient & start slashing jobs in order to cut costs so that the the cost/income balance doesn't look so out of line. The result is high turnover and managerial paralysis, which will never lead to significant growth ( or profit).

Advice to Management

Pick a course of action & stick with it for more than 6 weeks. Otherwise, you'll never be more than a rinky-dink cast off operation that US Express chewed up & spit out.

"Arnold Transportation Services is a great place to work if...."

Former Employee - Triangle Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Triangle Driver in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are just starting out and have only 6-9 months of experience, Arnold is an okay place to "cut your teeth". You will definitely know what you don't want in the future after working at Arnold Transportation Services.

Assigned trucks (sort of) - no slip seating (usually)

Currently [late September 2017] offering $1000 sign-on bonus (paid over 4 weeks)

Cons

You have to wonder about a company that has only 500-600 tractors but needs to hold orientation on Mondays and again on Wednesdays EVERY WEEK (except if there's a holiday)... Well, here's why...

Thieving mechanics

Low pay for low miles (around 1500-1700 per week)

Lies about driver importance (but all trucking companies do that one)

Taking time off means your truck gets stripped and property gets stolen

Their "driver advocate" is just a buffer so management doesn't have to deal with drivers

2½ days of hype and BS in orientation (another one common to many)

Arnold will screw you every chance they get - they can't be trusted to stick to what they say

Pay sheets (settlements) can't be trusted to reflect the work you do for them

Lots of "free" miles driven in large cities - e.g. Even though Dallas and Irving are different cities they constitute ZERO paid miles at Arnold

If you don't live in the Dallas area they will charge you "out of route" miles to return the truck when you quit (or I'm sure on your DAC they'll say you abandoned it if you leave it at the San Antonio or Houston yards) [The abandonment DAC reporting is only speculation because I returned the truck rather than taking the risk of being charged with abandonment of equipment. Which is why I KNOW they charge you out of route miles when you return the equipment.]

Advice to Management

Stop lying to potential employees. Just tell them that Arnold Transportation Services is just another trucking company. Tell them that you'll pretend to remember the driver's name but only after they tell you their driver ID number or truck number. Let them know that it's not about them, it's all about Arnold Transportation Services and what's in the best interest of and for Arnold Transportation Services. If you would just tell the truth your trucks would stay seated much longer and you wouldn't need to have standing orientation twice each week. And you wouldn't need a "driver advocate" to round off your orientation with his hype and b.s..

4. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time

Pros

Benefits, Some management, people in the office.

Cons

No growth, some management, low pay when you don't bonus

5. "I hated to leave this company!!!!!"

Former Employee - Super Regional Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Super Regional Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved everything about this company. They pay you what is owed and keep you driving as long as you want to. If you put in your home time at least 5 days in advance they will get you there or even if you have an emergency they will see tonit that you get home asap. Dispatch (Tracy Fields) is wonderful and easy to work with as long as you are easy to work with as well

Cons

Answer your phone the first time or they will blow your phone up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what y'all are doing. This company is really a great company

6. "LIAR'S"

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time

Pros

None whatsoever I was not happy at all.

Cons

I worked for this company for a short period and decided to leave; they put on my DAC that terminated me.....SERIOUSLY??? How can you fire someone who has already left?

7. "prisoner trapped in arnold truck"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Arnold Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

notheing good about this company drivers every week are quitting in high numbers its true they are looseing contracts over it the turn over rate is higher then a large trucking company why you ask ? because of the huge disrespect towards the truck drivers from the office staff and upper managment the lack of time off for the drivers if you come work here dont expect a work life balance you will never see it you will be a drone wake up drive sleep thats it you are a slave and a floor mat at arnold transportation they lie saying they dont treat you as a truck number but they do like i said everyday it will be the same wake up drive sleep running all last min loads held too long by planners you will find your self almost running red lights trying to make tight delivery schedule their own coustommers dont even respect this company and you will see this company forgotton that without the drivers there is no arnold transportation the huge lack of respect is causeing drivers to quit every week by the dozen .......they have a so called driver retention service by a guy named buddy let me tell yall this is a so called man of god but he is the devil hideing behind sunglasses in orientation he will tell you how much he cares to help drivers and that there is office staff that dont like drivers and want them to quit ..... this devil behind the sunglasses is one of them he dont help drivers at all by the way they treat veterans and women bad here also im on my last 2 weeks this company is a joke and will hopefully be out of business real soon

Cons

LOTS AN LOTS OF CONS lets see they dont care about the equiptment they hate when the truck needs repairs dispatchers are rude and make their own rules they dont care about your family thats why there is no family emergency leave because their freight comes first at arnold all they care about is their coustommers and their office staff the drivers are dirt to them they dont not care about the drivers and it shows thru the lack of hometime and no vacations and no family emergerency leave huge growing turn over rate meaning drivers quitting every week Trust me stay away from this company !!!!!!!

Advice to Management

have some respect for your truck drivers after all if we all walk you wont have a company !!!!! better longer hometime vacations not just for office staff i dont recomend this company for any truck driver to come work for you treat drivers as low forms of life and i hope one day you go out of business due to your lack of respect towards your drivers i recommend truck drivers to record all office staff wrong doings towards the drivers to prove how disrespectful this company is towards the ones who make this company (the truck driver )

8. "DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!"

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is "NOTHING GOOD" about this company!!!

Cons

Anything you can think of, is true with this company, from lies a sitting!!!

Advice to Management

There is NOTHING GOOD working at Arnold. They lie about everything. Assurance Pay they offer is a 100% lie. They will make ANY EXCUSE in the book not to pay you it. My last week with them I did nothing but sit and had to wait to get a load they put me on, which guess what, NO MONEY!!! One dispatcher tells you one thing and another will tell you something else. I have been driving a truck now for 25 years, and I have never seen a most SCREWED UP COMPANY EVER!! I was screwed with them the first day they assigned me a truck, AND IT NEVER GOT BETTER!!!!! I should have left these place a month earlier then I did because they screwed up my finances and you know they would not care, and I know they don't care!!!!!!!........STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.........STAY WAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!

9. "Unsatisfied Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

There are no Pros in working for this company.

Cons

Very short hauls, Assurance pay is a joke! If you plan on running hard to make money ...avoid this company!!!!

Advice to Management

If you want your business to grow & not have a high turn over rate work with the drivers, not against them.

10. "Bad Company to start"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Arnold Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there s no pros at all

Cons

no home time when there s emergencies

Advice to Management

please try to hire dispatchers with driving experience,so they understand what a driver goes through day by day