Aroq Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Richard Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing company"

I have been working at Aroq (Less than a year)

Pros

From sales to editorial, finance to HR, and marketing to the board, Aroq is full of amazing people who all combine to make an amazing company.

Cons

Aroq in my opinion doesn't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Oct 7, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for your kind words. I believe Aroq has never been in better shape. Very exciting times.

2. "Work for Aroq"

I have been working at Aroq full-time

Pros

Supportive employers who make you feel valued. Profit share scheme, lovely office, nice environment. Easy to suggest and make changes, very transparent. You can work remotely and still feel like part of a team

Cons

Although the office is great, it's hard to get to on public transport. It is also generally a long way to travel for a lot of remote workers - but employers are very reasonable and very flexible when it comes to their attendance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It really is a very good place to work and no one seems unhappy in their job. You are approachable and open, which counts for a lot.

Aug 21, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for the comments - long may your success continue.

3. "Working at Aroq"

Pros

I am fairly new to the company and have been very impressed by the training and support I have been given. Aroq is a really friendly place to work where everyone gets involved and is encouraged to share their own ideas and suggestions and to develop themselves personally. The company really delivers on their core FIRE values; Fairness, Innovation, Respect and Enjoyment.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to report!!

Oct 7, 2015 – CEO

FIRE values REALLY are important to us. I'm glad you're enjoying working at Aroq and I hope we can help you grow and develop as the company progresses.

4. "A great opportunity"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Bromsgrove, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Bromsgrove, England (UK)

I have been working at Aroq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I haven't worked at many places, but the 8 years I spent in a company where I was just another number, proved to me that I was going to enjoy working here.
    I feel valued and that my work genuinely is appreciated by everyone within the business.
    Having a lunch area with a pool table, wiff waff table and darts board is definitely a pro.

Cons

I can't really say there are any cons, I haven't found one yet. Maybe one con is with the building and the lack of air conditioning during the recently scorching summer, but using the desk fans provided meant it wasn't completely unbearable.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I can only see Aroq moving in the right direction and going from strength to strength. I'm looking forward to many more years within the technical team.

Oct 7, 2015 – CEO

Appreciate the comments on air con - we have considered it. However, we all have different temperature preferences and the air-con units just cooled everyone down or no-one. Whilst not as effective... More

5. "A great job opportunity for Bromsgrove and Birmingham-based candidates"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Bromsgrove, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Bromsgrove, England (UK)

I have been working at Aroq (More than a year)

Pros

Genuine opportunity for candidates ideas to be heard and acted upon. Strong belief in a healthy work-life balance, backed up by flexible working hours, a health plan and early leaving on a Friday. The company has really beefed up their benefits and policies to retain new staff and attract the best talent. There is also a real commitment to learning, with a half-day a month devoted to training.

Cons

The head office is located about five minutes outside the town centre, so candidates with their own transport may be best placed to take advantage of the local facilities.

Aug 20, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for posting and mentioning some of the benefits. You forgot to mention the company library filled with the latest business books off Amazon to help with on-going learning. You're right in... More

6. "5 HR reasons why Aroq deserves 5 stars"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bromsgrove, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Bromsgrove, England (UK)

I have been working at Aroq full-time

Pros

People stay at Aroq - 50% of staff have over 5 years service, 25% have over 10
    People like Aroq - In an anonymous survey, 98% of people were happy or very happy with their jobs
    People embody our core values - FIRE - Fairness, Innovation, Respect and Enjoyment
    People are kept up-to-date - Company objectives, finances and plans are communicated frequently and openly.
    People are given the tools to innovate - Whether it is new technology, training or coaching

Cons

We are always looking for top talent to work in our offices in Worcestershire, particularly journalists, .NET developers and sales people who take a consultative approach. If you have found us please get in touch!

Jul 27, 2015 – HR Executive

Thank you for posting! Good to read those stats and hear what it is like to work at Aroq.

7. "Totally biased review from the CEO and co-founder"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder in Bromsgrove, England (UK)

I have been working at Aroq full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We like challenging things and having fun. Everyone who works here is friendly and looking to be successful. We have some VERY smart people and the business is growing and launching new products. We're based in Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove which is easily commutable from Worcester, Birmingham, Redditch and Bromsgrove. We have smart new offices and will soon have a fantastic staff area to chill out in. The work/life balance is very healthy and we operate flexi-time and dress-down Fridays. Our core values are FIRE (fairness, innovation, respect and enjoyment). We have lots people who've been here from the early days and we're always looking for people with a great attitude.

Cons

None of course - I did say this was biased!

Jul 27, 2015 – HR Executive

Thank you for posting! As you say, somewhat biased but still fantastic to hear from a CEO.