AroundCampus Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 5, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours and needs much energy (in 50 reviews)

• If you are comfortable going door to door or if you want the experience, this is the internship for you (in 17 reviews)

1. "Disappointing"

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

You have to practice self-discipline in order to push yourself through the awful internship. I met some cool people too...if that counts as a pro?

Cons

Every single person I talked to during the first days of training were also very confused about what we were even doing this summer. The first couple of weeks are difficult, see that you have to build leads off cold calls from businesses who "have tried this in the past and it just didn't work for them." As someone who was raised off income from a small business back home, I KNEW this print product was not worth the money and the owner will most like not see a ROI. Every sale I make, I feel guilty about because these people work really heard to make money and I'm taking it from them for advertising that I don't believe in! Don't get me wrong, I believe advertising is important, but the student planner? No, people don't look in the back of the planner FULL of advertisements for a phone number or address to a local business.
    The managers never tell you when your internship is done when they promise to let you know a week after training. When they DO come on calls with you, they are so involved with their phones and answering questions from other interns that they are almost bothersome to have tag along.
    If you're looking for a good internship experience, go somewhere else.
    SERIOUSLY, I genuinely mean that.
    I thought this would have a lot to offer, but turns out, I've only gained bitterness toward the company and towards sales.

Advice to Management

Pay interns enough to afford rent. Be more specific on what this company and its expectations are really about.

2. "sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

You're your own boss and it teaches self-discipline

Cons

If you are an introvert consider another job.

3. "Long hours"

Pros

It is a great oppurtunity

Cons

Long hours, very stressful, takes a lot of strength

Advice to Management

Focus more on the future. Print is out.

4. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in UC Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in UC Berkeley, CA

Pros

Incredible sales experience, networking opportunities, supportive management team

Cons

Very difficult program, pushes you very hard

"Good Growth Opportunities"

Pros

New ownership wants AroundCampus to be a national brand, and is actively acquiring companies.

Cons

AroundCampus is shifting from a print-only portfolio to a more complete print and digital experience for customers.

Advice to Management

Management should consider developing a more structured career path for employees.

"Financial Consultant"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at AroundCampus (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Chapel Hill, NC management team

Cons

Normal challenges of multiple acquisitions

7. "Excellent Company Culture"

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

Great internships for college students. Their outside sales internship built so much character and not only made me better professionally but also all-around improved my communication abilities. Interns are treated very well by management, and I still stay in contact with my supervisors from last summer.

Cons

The outside sales internship is very, very challenging, especially if you work in a large city. In order to intern here you need to be able to quickly overcome discouragement and keep a positive attitude no matter what happens.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the positive atmosphere of training. I found myself reflecting on training many times to help me get through the tougher days during the summer.

8. "Sales representative"

Current Intern - Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Current Intern - Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience as in learn to know how to persuade managers to make sales.

Cons

It's tough but worth learning

Advice to Management

Schedule many appointement the day before you meet the managers and research about the company.

"Lots of Work Good Experience"

Pros

Great on the job experience. Gain first hand experience that most interns can not imagine. The training program in North Carolina is extensive but a lot of fun.

Cons

In order to do well and make money you have to be willing to work a ton. Days are very long and they expect you to always be willing to work overtime.

10. "Great Learning Environment"

Current Intern - Senior Design Assistant
    Current Intern - Senior Design Assistant

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is fun and laid back even during peak weeks. The layout of the office fosters a team/interactive atmosphere.

Cons

Some of the work feels repetitive, but can still get stressful at times. Thats the only one I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome and accessible leaders to the interns. The free food is also greatly appreciated.