AroundCampus Reviews | Glassdoor

AroundCampus Reviews

Updated February 14, 2017

Pros
  • Learn a lot about sales and helps you grow confidence (in 28 reviews)

• They offer opportunities for college students to gain sales experience (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • It is long hours every day for very little pay (in 42 reviews)

• If you are comfortable going door to door or if you want the experience, this is the internship for you (in 17 reviews)

"Hard work, but great experience"

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time

Pros

Working directly with mentors, and higher management to give you feedback and help motivate you to get sales. Allows you to meet with business owners, VP's, CEO's, and strengthen B2B communication skills.

Cons

Salary is terrible, commission is fairly low until you make a ton of sales.

Advice to Management

Pay higher, keep a base salary throughout the entire internship, not just the first 7 weeks.

2. "Outside Sales Representative"

Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Penryn, CA
    Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Penryn, CA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience doing B2B sales. They have amazing connections to big companies you could work for after you graduate.

Cons

You don't get paid much for the work that is required. (Only $200 a week working 40 hours a week is $5 an hour). Plus they stop paying you after 7 weeks and the internship is anywhere from 10-12 weeks long. The training is completely exhausting, we trained anywhere from 15-18 hours a day and you become very sleep deprived.

Advice to Management

Pay the interns more! Give us more free time during the training and don't train until 3 in the morning. Sleep deprivation does not help people learn.

3. "Client Relations Intern"

Former Intern - Client Relations Intern in Wildwood, MO
    Former Intern - Client Relations Intern in Wildwood, MO

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great work environment, with kind managers who were always willing to help. Definitely learned a lot about office life and they made sure we were well trained. They would treat the interns to breakfast and treats every so often. They were great people to work with!

Cons

More of a sales support position rather than working with clients and we did have to do some mundane intern jobs like sending the mail and handing out faxes, so it wasn't necessarily what I expected it to be.

Advice to Management

Keep making employees feel valued!

5. "Good Starting Internship"

Current Intern - Client Relations Intern in Chapel Hill, NC
    Current Intern - Client Relations Intern in Chapel Hill, NC

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best atmospheres I've ever worked in. The majority of the employees are in their 20's to early 30's and as an intern it is interesting to be able to actually see the type of job I could get after graduation in every day life. It gives you great communication skills, as you are in contact with customers constantly.

Cons

The pay is not great. You can find many other internships that pay more than 7.50 an hour. However, you are also working with 30 other college aged interns which provides a great atmosphere, which you can't find at many other companies.

"Sales Team Leader/Outside Sales Rep"

Pros

This will prepare you to go into sales, or pretty much anything you want as a career. This is truly 10/10 training and internship, so congrats to AroundCampus for making your interns #1. You will find out a lot about yourself, and I would encourage anyone to do this internship. This really has made me into a better person, if you have the opportunity to accept this position, do it.

Have an open mind and you'll do better than you think.

Cons

You make your interns go out ALONE. Do you know how many people feel uncomfortable with that? Then, if interns are smart and decide to go together, you tell them they can't do the that and you give them issues. Listen, we live in a world with creepy people. Why make us go alone and risk us being in a bad situation? You're a smarter company than that.

The training is rigorous. You still don't know if you'll be able to handle everything when you get back to your region. This can be very difficult for individuals who like structure and wishes to have a 'to-do list' type of job. If you are comfortable going door to door or if you want the experience, this is the internship for you.

Advice to Management

Why just make the training a week? Based on what I have seen, you loose so many interns within a month because they don't like the job/don't understand what the heck they're suppose to do. Yes, you want good salespeople, but make the groups bigger. Heck some of us only had 1 person in our divisions (Which is ridiculous). More people = better chance these groups will stay together. So you don't end up having 0 people and all of your hard work to train us goes to waste. Give more time for training and make the groups bigger.

Make sure that you are hiring managers that show the company in a positive light. These managers that you hire act like scammy sales people. Make sure that they are aware of the region that they're in. Some actions are NOT appropriate. Yes they are my managers, but they seriously damage the chance at a sale being annoying and pressuring sales people that can be deemed as salespeople you don't want to associate yourself with at all.

Corporate people should reflect the managers. From what I have seen, the corporate people are a lot nicer than the people they are paying to go around to divisions.

"AC Review"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Springfield, MO

Pros

Fun work environment, expense free training in North Carolina, lots of opportunity for networking

Cons

Work alone for the majority of the day, lots of gas is used during daily travels, paycheck is mainly commission based

8. "(Intern) Sales Representative"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

Great opportunity to get your feet wet in b2b sales.
    Helpful upper management
    Offers a good training and has a large number of career partners interested you following the internship

Cons

Pay structure was difficult, told that average commission was much higher than it turned out to be, this affected those who had a difficult time selling.
    Chance of failure is high

Advice to Management

Be there more often, potentially hire more assistant managers

9. "sales rep"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

You're your own boss and it teaches self-discipline

Cons

If you are an introvert consider another job.

10. "Sales Team Leader"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

Great for a first internship
    Helps your communication and time management skills

Cons

The pay is not much compared to the effort you put in

"Intern"

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at AroundCampus (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work and life experience.

Cons

Did not like begging people to buy the advertisements.