Arpin International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Peter Arpin
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Finance and Accounting Professional"

I have been working at Arpin International full-time

Pros

Great team, great people worldwide

Cons

Currently, with a young family growing, distance plays with my comfort

2. "Relocation Coordinator"

Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in West Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in West Warwick, RI

I worked at Arpin International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely no corporate deception (no ladder to climb), Pants company, You do it all, great opportunity to become manager/operation manager with zero management skills/requirements.

Cons

Overworked, under appreciated, unreasonable expectations and rediculose inability to meet delusional industry standard due to the deflated "footballs" of sales managers & operations managers! "Companies" fabricate awards such as "Positive Proforma of the Month" amongst other bogus nonsensical awards to burnt out (past prime) undeserving employees in an effort to remotivate the overachiever qualities which Arpin has drained the well dry! Great, very smart people who have been dumbed down (complacent to) "it's a pay check"! As a former educator I realize that job security requires me to answer to the rules, mandates and curricular outcomes outlined by my hiring institution. Obama’s 2010 push for an increase in graduation rates for all students created a push-down on college faculty, such as myself, to streamline teaching (in terms of content and pedagogy), therefore eliminating much of our academic freedom, in an effort to inncrease the number of students who could successfully pass our classes. More students passing individual classes suggest an increase in graduation rates.

In other words, in higher education, from the community college students on my roster to the doctoral candidates in my research classes, the expectation is to reduce academic standards, as suggested by academic peer review, and get more students through the system and into a graduation gown. The implications for this are horrifying to anyone who has a true value for education and the U.S. educational system. Once deemed as the most competitive and valuable higher education systems in the world, our college campuses have turned into a political arena to make the U.S. population appear to be smarter because there are more college graduates. As a consumer and an educator, the idea that the U.S. population and our leaders are openly lowering standards, even at the peril of our precious population, to make life easier, is overwhelmingly frustrating. The U.S. is a country that is founded on growth, innovation and creating opportunity for our population. Yet, current trends in our leading industries, are telling us that is not only OK to settle for substandard, but it is acceptable, and even recommended, to lower our standards and our expectations! Therefore, allowing for the title of "Dumbing Down" aka " No Student Left Behind".

Advice to Management

To the educated few within the organizational charts, do not succumb to substandard expectations/trends by Lowering your standards to compensate for the lack/lowering of work ethic within the U.S.

3. "Used to feel like family..... but with the recession it changed...."

Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Warwick, RI

I worked at Arpin International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are a lot of really nice, caring long-time employees, great benefits. They have a great commitment to going "green". Good community involvement and contributions to relief efforts for natural disasters. You can talk to upper management and they know who you are. There are a lot of agents that are awesome and do great work, and you can rely on them. Some good drivers. Company has implemented better computer systems to make work easier and more available to all parties.

Cons

Very rude on what happens when they let you go, but that seems to be pretty standard with any company. Felt like customer service was turning into a legal contract. Spent more time on email documenting processes than talking and working with the customer.