Arrow Electronics Reviews in Englewood, CO | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long
Mike Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance can be off at times (in 31 reviews)

• Also matters on who you know or are friends with in upper management (read formerly Melville now Englewood) to get promotions (in 20 reviews)

"Great place to work in Colorado"

Current Employee - Functional Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Functional Analyst in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arrow is a Global Company distributing value added electronics across the world. They are based in Englewood Colorado. They had started from humble beginnings and fought through hard times and are now the largest company of its kind.
    18 years ago I was privileged enough to be apart of this growth and am proud to be apart of it. Great teams and co-workers made it what it is today.

Cons

Although in my department I still get to work with great people but the company as a whole is no longer the close knit company that I felt early in my career but that comes with the times and with growth. It is now Big Corporate and the closeness or the personal touch has gone. I am sorry to see that go.

Advice to Management

Stay personal to your people. They are not only assets but humans too. Don't let Big Corporate diminish that.

"Run far away from this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-the people that work at this company are friendly and positive which is hard to maintain with morale in the dumps and getting worse.

Cons

- promotions through popularity
    - constant fear of layoffs
    - the executive team only cares about their wallets and it's a damn shame
    - a lot of incompetent tactical managers
    - traffic in the DTC is terrible
    - going into 9201 feels like a prison entrance
    - no tuition or professional certification reimbursement...zero, zilch, nada

Advice to Management

Treat your people better, show some loyalty to your loyal worker bees in the trenches, hire a competent management team across all of your functional areas, pay for people's professional licenses and some of their CE costs, stop being greedy corporate pigs

"Know what you're getting into"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will meet a lot of solid people here if you can network well and stay out of the politics. There are opportunities to learn new things if you are a productive worker who does not take on more responsibilities in your current role, but instead volunteer for projects in other departments.

Cons

Pay. If you start low, you will not get much higher. Sadly, they are losing a lot of good people because they are failing to keep pace with the cost of living in the Denver metro area. Benefits are expensive, especially if you have kids.

Advice to Management

Do not stir the pot and do not encourage low performers to continue being sub-par. Do not block people from moving to other departments if they are qualified because they will just leave and that costs the company a lot of time & money.

"Good people; Bad Management"

Former Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Marketing in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, good co-workers

Cons

Bare minimum pay, ridiculous rules which make sense to no one, management is looking for every opportunity to get rid off people to increase the bottom line. No career growth, stagnated wages. If you want to coast to retirement with minimum pay, work at Arrow.

Advice to Management

Drain the Swamp!

"Technology Services Specialist/Asset Associate I"

Former Employee - Technology Services Specialist/Asset Associate I in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked for the Arrow Digital/Ecommerce:
    - cool start-up feel and comes with perks
    - free snacks and drinks
    - open warehouse seating
    - collaboration and teamwork encouraged
    - good benefits

Cons

Worked for the Arrow Digital/Ecommerce:
    - poor management - direct manager had too much time to constantly micromanage, make poor managing decisions, provided very poor direction and could not simply answer questions, also believe that manager lacked the knowledge and skills to be in a leadership position so I'm pretty disappointed in Arrow for giving him a manager role - at least provide some training for new managers.
    - It seemed like the cool start up and relaxed environment was provided to only selective group of people whereas, my group's culture was more of a dictatorship brought on from my direct manager who was highly condescending, disrespectful, on a power trip, and extremely inflexible. all of this goes against their "cool hip" "startup" "laid back" culture. Direct manager used to ask me what type of appointments I had so he could tell me which type of PTO time I could use and I thought that was very invasive and would straight tell me to not even go to my appointments unless they were "extremely" important. If they weren't important, I wouldn't have bothered asking.

Advice to Management

If you're trying to make this whole Arrow Digital/Ecommerce large and actually trying to retain employees and keep them happy, please make sure the people you are choosing managers who have the knowledge and skillset to be in a leadership position. I cannot tell you how many times my entire team was so fed up with our direct manager's passive aggressive emails, remarks, lack of ability to provide any direction whatsoever, and lack of understanding towards situations. He insinuated that I was faking sick, lying, and threatened to terminate me. His constant poor attitude was adding to my stress levels and negatively impacting my ability to be productive. He has zero accountability and chooses favorites and seems like is bad at accepting a diverse workforce. So seems like he keeps hiring people that are recommended by the one or two employees he decides are his favorites.

"Great pay, environment and benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits were great: medical, 401K, holiday pay

Cons

better communication from upper management

Advice to Management

More on-going training available to all employees.

7. "Nice company to work here."

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Englewood, CO

Pros

Good.Nice company to work here.

Cons

Not too innovative with the IT deptt.

Advice to Management

NA

8. "BI Developer"

Former Contractor - Qlik Developer in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Qlik Developer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It has a Good and big Team for BI reporting
    No critical deadlines

Cons

I saw there are major cons

"Digital Group"

Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they have flexibility to work from home sometime so that was nice.

Cons

The communication between the directors and supervisors is horrible.

Advice to Management

Just pay attention to your employees and understand what it is that they do.

10. "Horrible environment, DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If there are any I am unaware of any pros.

Cons

The most negative morale I have experienced. My first day included of going to lunch with 5 other people, all of which fantasized about they day they could walk out without notice because the environment was so awful. Thankfully I was on a short-term contract because each employee I spoke with had the same experience. I was also told in the interview the contract could go permanent, I found out the first day that was a lie. Do not trust this company.

Advice to Management

Address the morale issue, the high turnover rate is directly related.