Arrow Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long
Mike Long

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance gets tricky around quarter-ends; however, keep lines of communication open with your manager they will work with you (in 30 reviews)

• Also matters on who you know or are friends with in upper management (read formerly Melville now Englewood) to get promotions (in 20 reviews)

"Look Elsewhere"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The new building is beautiful.

Cons

The current executive management team is grossly out-of-touch with those who actually earn money for the company. The arrogance and dictator-like environment is exactly why labor unions where established in the first place - to protect the employees from bad management. HR, HELP!

Advice to Management

Mike Long - You need to wake up and realize that your current leadership team is as bad as it has EVER been. You have a bunch of buffoons running your company. Too bad that your legacy will be marred by egocentric, narcissistic SOB's!

"Terrible Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Buyer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Buyer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

9 to 5 job that you don't have to bring home

Cons

No opportunity for advancement unless you know someone in management.
    Current mid level managers are Kings and Queens, make life difficult for their employees.
    Most employees are extremely unhappy

Advice to Management

let your people know that HR is here for them.
    promote internally
    let employees review their managers. it is the best way to see if managers are doing a good job

"Poor Leadership"

Current Employee - Middle Manager
    Current Employee - Middle Manager

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can work remote if needed, co-workers actually know how to do the job, understand the business and understand the customers both internal and external.

Cons

Great quarter, BUT, do more, work harder, no pay increase, meanwhile the leadership is counting their bonus and stock profits!! I heard 'Quite Frankly' used 18 times by one of them and 'Thank You' once after we had a very successful second quarter from 'them' to us worker bees. You can play buzzword bingo with the lingo the leadership use but ask them a question one on one and it's like deer in headlights or they refer you to one of their middle managers who don't get paid to do their job. Favoritism runs rapid at Arrow, Denver works on a buddy system you can draw an org chart over the years and see who is buddies with who, and see how they bump each other up the ladder! If I see the Race car story one more time in a town hall meeting I think our branch will stop watching them out of protest! We're so sick of it!! It's a great story for a new employee but how many times do we need to see it? It's worse than nails on a chalkboard at this point! The days of Q&A from our Leaders live ended years ago not to mention most of the leadership. Why? Far removed from the actual day to day work that takes place! Old archaic EPR review program, bell curve, no merit increases ( unless you're a buddy of the management in your dept ) they can ensure your ERP score hits the target on the bell curve to ensure they give them raises but not the tenured experienced hard working individuals! Currently looking for a new opportunity I absolutely can't work here any longer!
    Oh by the way HR doesn't give exit interviews because they don't care to listen!

Advice to Management

Clean the swamp!!

"Any true business professional should 2nd guess"

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Still some great people there to work with and learn from their experiences. You can learn a lot about the overall complexities of business, and should make you more rounded as a business professional with someone else.

Cons

Execs continue to talk out of both sides of their mouths, and continue to choose to be disconnected from the business. Talking about how great we are doing in "town hall" meetings, then how bad we suck day-to-day. Talking about retaining and investing in our good people, then those good people are rewarded with no raise and more work. THEN on the flip side, the low-performers (who would be fired in any other company for constantly under performing) are rewarded with more work taken OFF their plate because they can't handle it! And they talk in these Town Halls about Talent Management when deep down their goal is natural attrition....and it's working because all of your High Performers are leaving.

Then they sign these $100-$200M deals bringing new suppliers on to do business with Arrow (and scream at us that we have to win with these guys; high visibility on this new supplier), yet they won't allow managers/directors to hire any extra head count to help manage these new lines.

The employee reviews are a complete waste of everyone's time. Raises are based on how the company does YoY, and not individual performance. You do an excellent job, congrats, you get a 3% raise. You do not meet expectations in your review, congratulations, you get a 3% raise. If you put in your notice, that's when they all of a sudden have 15%-20% to offer you.

Advice to Management

Understand your own business before you attempt to "lead" people. Nothing is worse to a team when the leader refuses to dig in and help. As for the execs, you are so disconnected to the actual business that nobody respects - and worse - believes anything said in these Go-Fight-Win meetings or emails that come out. You have a house of glass on the hill and see absolutely nothing wrong with it...and for everyone's sake, stop talking about the race car. If you are going to continue top funnel money into that, hide it like you do everything else where bottom line GP$ are wasted.

"Program Manager"

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Large Company with all the benefits that a large company brings

Cons

Large Company attitude, does not listen to their employees

Advice to Management

listen to your employees

"Very poor executive leadership"

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong employee base. Some really skilled folks working in the organization.

Cons

Executive leadership team is dysfunctional. They don't get along and play lower level employees off each other for political gain. Very much out of touch with the employee base and looking out for their own good. CEO has a nasty temper, which he is allowed to show off regularly. No other executive will challenge him for fear of losing their cush job. Very little oversight by the board of directors in areas that matter.

Advice to Management

Change out the leadership at the top.

"Not a great company to grow with."

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good for new grads, but after a few years it's time to move on.

Cons

Lack of opportunity to grow. Layoffs are frequent. Pay is below par.

Advice to Management

Employ dedicate training reps, foster growth and retention of your talent.

8. "Am a Java Developer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as a contractor

Pros

Am always enthusiastic in working across different IT organizational cultures, to contribute my Knowledge and Skills in the bet possible way I can.

Cons

I feel that learning is constant, I learn and move ahead, hence so far I had never encountered any cons in particular,

"Digital Group"

Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they have flexibility to work from home sometime so that was nice.

Cons

The communication between the directors and supervisors is horrible.

Advice to Management

Just pay attention to your employees and understand what it is that they do.

10. "Horrible environment, DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If there are any I am unaware of any pros.

Cons

The most negative morale I have experienced. My first day included of going to lunch with 5 other people, all of which fantasized about they day they could walk out without notice because the environment was so awful. Thankfully I was on a short-term contract because each employee I spoke with had the same experience. I was also told in the interview the contract could go permanent, I found out the first day that was a lie. Do not trust this company.

Advice to Management

Address the morale issue, the high turnover rate is directly related.