Arrow Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Your work life balance and overall frustrations truly depends on which business group you are a part of (in 27 reviews)

• Also matters on who you know or are friends with in upper management (read formerly Melville now Englewood) to get promotions (in 20 reviews)

"Dont Accept any Jobs in their NY location...They are moving all to Denver shortly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was a good place to work

Cons

Everything is moving to Denver thanks to our CEO who ruined jobs and people lives for his own benefit.

"Low Morale for staff; not VPs and above"

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great vacation time, close to DTC and nice gym on-site.

Cons

Executive Management doesn't know what work the staff does daily. They live in the clouds and believe that barking orders and threatening to fire people will motivate them. People want out. They pay most staff on at 70% / 30% pay plan so that they don't have to pay the full compensation. They create unobtainable budgets so reaching the incentive plan is beyond difficult. However, the executives are paid well and on time.

Advice to Management

Stop the power struggle. Do your job and stop with the smear campaigns. There are also so many new outside hire VPs that it will be challenging for Arrow to succeed because it's stepping on it's own toes.

"Good people, clueless crawler executives"

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vacation time is great and the working people are awesome!

Cons

Executive management are so disconnected from the real world. The EC actually sits in an ivory tower on the top floor. Nobody is allowed in and the are hidden behind glass upon more glass. Whereas their assists sit in a row I what looks like horse stalls. And the VPs are power hungry and constantly battling.
    Incentive plans are paid very late because of the constant turnover in finance and the new people don't know how to run reports correctly. People still aren't paid for Q3

Advice to Management

VPs and above: talk to people, they don't bite. I know you're scared because you are so far removed that you don't know who works for you. And it's nice that you get paid your incentive, but your "little people" go without pay at Christmas and the months after Christmas. Connect and run the company instead of worrying about race cars and the drivers.

"Senior management insane"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate co-workers are great yo work with but we are all burned out. We say we need help but it goes ignored.

Cons

Senior management too busy jockeying for position. Good ole boys club. CEO only wants yes men. Terminates people if they don't agree with him. Egomaniac wants his own private elevator and always has armed security. Waste of OUR money.

Advice to Management

Hours and workload are insane. Hit 40 hours by Wednesday. Tired of hearing do more with less. Getting rid of NY employees biggest mistake you ever made.

"Unrewarding Place to Work"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company provides a gym, with daily yoga and workout classes that are free. The company allows flexible hours during the summer.

Cons

There is no opportunity for collaboration, innovation, or even suggestions from employees. They are simply expected to do what they are told. This was not a good fit for me, because I wanted to help them improve their processes (specifically, improve my own efficiency) but was faced with violent and aggressive disapproval for any changes I wanted to make in my own daily process.

Advice to Management

Trusting your employees will empower them and create a stronger culture, while making your teams more efficient and effective. You preach that innovation and advancement are your cornerstones, but won't allow employees to make minute changes to their own processes that would create more efficiencies in their role.

"Channel Manager"

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, although this last year health insurance became extremely expensive for a company the size of Arrow.

Cons

You a just a number, good people are laid off when there are so many other employees that are non performers who still have their job.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, you are letting so much talent go that could really set you apart in the industry.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Geneva, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and a lot of room for growth.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Arrow.

"Flip burgers instead"

Current Employee - EAD Tech in Gahanna, OH
    Current Employee - EAD Tech in Gahanna, OH

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to get hands-on experience with commercial grade computers and networking equipment

Cons

Lower (local) management pretends to care about employees when it benefits them.

Advice to Management

Pay more, and don't pretend to know what you're doing when you have no clue. Don't stonewall your employees' ideas or steal the credit for yourself. Don't prevent efficiency or progress for the sake of maintaining current standardization with a nonsense excuse just because you're cozy sitting while the peoplease actually working are killing themselves for YOUR numbers

10. "Warehouse Clerk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

People I worked with and the culture

Cons

The amount of hours worked and Benefits.

Advice to Management

There were opportunities

Arrow Electronics Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thank you for your contribution to the company while you were with us - it sounds like the people were part of the best thing about working at Arrow. Even though it would seem you are no longer with ... More

"Constant Growing pains"

Current Employee - Finance in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Finance in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fitness Center/classes, flexible hours, and decent vacation time. Early release for holidays if your manager doesn't withhold their upper management communication saying to spread the word. Good people trying to make it work under terrible leadership.

Cons

Expensive healthcare and no company contribution to dental and minimal 401k match. No work from home options in supplier accounting nor any bonuses. Learn the business and move on...

Advice to Management

Invest in your dedicated loyal employees instead of spending it all on grumpy cat marketing and race cars