Arrow Exterminators Reviews | Glassdoor

Emily Thomas Kendrick

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arrow Exterminators is a great company to work for. I started with Arrow straight out of college and at first I was hesitant about joining the pest control industry, however I couldn't have made a better decision. I love what I do and I love the team and people I work with. Arrow is a company that recognizes hard work and rewards you for it. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to do something I enjoy and to have found a company like Arrow so early in my career.

Cons

I do not really have any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the team members and always keep the Arrow culture!

Jun 12, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for sharing your story. We have many Team Members that have embarked on their career journeys with us right out the shoot. We are so pleased to hear that you love your work and Team Members ... More

2. "Senior VP"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arrow is a company when you come here you never want to leave. You feel respected and appreciated everyday. I have loved everyday working here for 30 years

Cons

I cant think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

3. "Corporate Support"

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Family feeling, no matter what your job duties, your efforts are appreciated and recognized as bettering the Company as a whole.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing, I have enjoyed my 19 plus year tenure

Jun 12, 2017 – Director of HR

We are so proud to have journeyed with you for so many years. Nineteen years is a long time during which many of life's evolutions take place. It resonates with us that you have allowed Arrow to ... More

4. "Great Company - Family Culture"

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Arrow is a growing company that really provides a "family" culture for the employees. The benefits are great and advancement opportunities are available.

Cons

Rapid growth can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Management"

Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family culture, financially stable and growing company, opportunities for advancement with a strong work ethic, strong benefits. It's a truly fun atmosphere and I'm excited about the future.

Cons

Any downsides are pretty normal to any company, organization, or family. They are few and far between and that's why I've been here over 19 years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome focus on culture and keep going beyond the call for team members and I see nothing but success in the future.

6. "Part of the family"

Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many companies pretend to care about their employees but often fail to meet expectations in the end. This is what sets Arrow apart from any other employer. The Thomas family and the Executive team at Arrow truly and genuinely care about their people and treat them like members of the family.

Cons

No known cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing because it is working.

"Opportunities for Advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Arrow promotes from within. It is great to work for a company that looks internally 1st for advancement opportunities. With Arrow you have the benefit of working for a large national company (financial security, benefits, opportunities, perks, etc.) but since they are family owned and operated you still have that personal feel.

Cons

Currently does not have remote employment positions.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have some remote work days to be able to avoid all of the Atlanta traffic.

"Arrow is truly a family company."

Current Employee - Corporate Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful, family culture that truly values employees.
    Consistent actions with great follow through.
    Numerous growth opportunities.
    Fun place to work.

Cons

While no company is perfect, Arrow is one of the few that will admit up front that they will make mistakes but will do their best to correct their mistakes and make it right.

"Great place to thrive"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Arrow Exterminators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Arrow has a rare work environment that allows me to thrive in my profession while having a direct impact on the company. The Team Members we support are phenomenal and incredibly receptive to our services.

Cons

The industry has unique challenges. However, Arrow often leads the industry in collaborating to understand, resolve, and address them.

Advice to Management

Culture is so rich. I like the focused attention toward sustaining it. It is at the core of we do differently. Keep it up.

"Do Not Work Here; It Is Miserable!"

Former Employee - Home Evaluator in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Home Evaluator in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Arrow Exterminators full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get some money for showing up during training. A company car with more strings attached than a 17th century puppet. Co-workers are genuinely cool for the most part. You can move up if you make the right friends.

Cons

You have to wait 30 days for your first paycheck and when you quit, you get your final pay and that's it ( I lost 3 weeks of pay). The pay is miserably low, the health insurance is absurdly high and they work you to death. They tell you "Sales makes their own leads." You do dozens and dozens of WDO inspections for free and nobody ever buys. This is the only company that celebrates how much "Free" work they make their employees do. They make their employees read the "mission and vision" every Friday morning like a cult and if you don't, you will be disciplined. Don't stop at the grocery store on your way home in the company car because they'll discipline you for that too. You have to pay $130.00 per month to use the company car for commuting, $7.00 per pay for uniforms, and they force you to pay for a cancer plan at $28 per month that you never even sign up for. Management plays favorites and everybody else gets dumped on. All positions are straight commission or hourly below the poverty line. They monitor all of your communication and time spent with co-workers on and off the clock and they question you about it the next morning or on Monday. They have almost created a God out of their CEO and you may never criticize or disagree with anything she says or does. You will pay with your job. Co-workers are encouraged and rewarded for snitching on each other for stupid stuff like taking the company vehicle to the store, going to a doctor's appointment or looking for another job.

Advice to Management

Look at your employees and what they do for You! Reward them and Don't run such a miserably hard line on absolutely everything. Keep hiring anybody with a pulse, playing favorites and being militant you'll run out of people to to employ. Just look at your Southwest Florida offices.

Jun 5, 2017 – Director of HR

First, thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and sentiments. We are sincerely apologetic to have missed the mark for you. As with any of our current or former employees, we invite ... More