Arrow Sign Company Reviews | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. This is my first job out of college and I’ve been given many opportunities to learn and grow within the company. In order to be successful at Arrow Sign, it’s essential to come to work with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to learn in a fast paced environment. Administration encourages exploration. They would rather see someone grow and be happy in different areas within the company than leave all together. Hard work will take you a long way here.

Cons

Located in a rough area in Oakland. A fair amount of paperwork and lengthy job processes, but there’s always a good method to the madness.

Advice to Management

Continue to come to work with positive attitudes. Treat each individual with respect, regardless of position. Never forget to acknowledge the employees that show up and work hard to represent the company.

"Fast Paced Enviorment. Supportive Management"

Current Employee - Permitting Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Permitting Manager in Oakland, CA

Pros

Arrow is great place to work. Environment is friendly and supportive particularly to the newer members. The sign work we do is custom made and therefore each project is somewhat unique in its handling. Clear published departmental procedures for processing a job makes learning the ropes easier.

Cons

Fast Paced environment can be confusing at times. Company management systems can at times become paper bound to distraction. The neighborhood is deteriorated and some may feel intimidated coming and going from work although to my knowledge it has never caused anyone a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep it coming. In the years I have been here with you there has never been a year where you have not made gains in making Arrow more successful and a more rewarding place to work.

"Great company with strong values"

Current Employee - Graphic Design/Code Compliance in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Design/Code Compliance in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair and friendly, quality and reputation oriented, 60-some years in business, solid foundations. Working environment is great - no politicking, no manipulations. Just good old honest place of work. I am happy to work here.

Cons

Deteriorating neighborhood of East Oakland - not the management fault, of course, but may have some impact on overall perception.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

"Stuck in the past"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with overall. If you fit the mold you will be compensated for the most part.

Cons

Seems like when the *!%& hits the fan from previous employees who left the long time employees post positive reviews. Please guys! Stop sugar coating what is sometimes a toxic work environment.

Advice to Management

Again, lighten up on this. This is a business - not the Spanish Inquistion

6. "Install managemer"

Former Employee - Install Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Install Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Arrow Sign Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great installers, sales, and support staff. Decent pay for management. Great production staff and management at stockton location.

Cons

Terrible upper management and ownership (Charlie Stroud excluded) Extremely high turnover for this reason.
    Borderline abusive, hostile, bullying management techniques. HEAVILY RUN ON SCIENTOGIST BELIEFS INCLUDING THE USE OF CONDITION CHARTS, TONE SCALE, AND VOCABLARY. I was sent to a 2 day scientologist course under the guise of a "management communication class".
    Project managers that open carry pistols in the office.
    This is by far the most insane, chaotic, terrible company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans. Knock off the scientology insanity. Don't bring guns to the office. Don't talk bad about every former employee. Don't disclose the fact that you've lent money to employees to other employees. Don't lie. Don't be un ethical.

7. "Best Sign Company in Northern California"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist, Account Executive, Project Coordinator in Benicia, CA

I worked at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Arrow Sign Company provides the best customer service and excellent quality for custom fabricated commercial signs. Their employees and sales department are professional and knowledgeable and have many years of experience when it comes to custom fabrication and construction projects

Cons

Sometimes getting it right takes some time. This company is diligent with details but unfortunately custom fabrication takes longer than wanted and expected.

Advice to Management

The customer is always right or at least should believe that.

"Management challenged and insufficient knowledge"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Support staff very knowledgeable, understanding and easy to work with. I feel sorry for them that they are stuck at a dead end job.

Cons

Management too scared to trust their staff. You will never make the money that they promised. Work environment very tenuous at best.I have never worked at a company that had so many people quitting. Very negative attitude and work environment.

Advice to Management

Use your company policies and follow them. Trust people to help and support you.

"Bad working environment"

Current Employee - Project Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Project Assistant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Arrow Sign Company full-time

Pros

I have been working at Arrow for some time and have great friends here.its a great Industries to be in.

Cons

I have been threatened to be fired a few time Because of some someone else's mistakes. The management has no respect for employees. They have not learned from any of their mistakes or follow any other company policies.

Advice to Management

Not sure if I have any advice for management if they haven't learned how to run a company probably by now I think it's too late for them to be successful in this business.

"Bad management, with very poor skills. Very bad Human resources, high turnover. No corporate ethics."

Former Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Oakland, CA

Pros

Some of the employees have great talent but have chosen the wrong company. I feel sorry for them.

Cons

Bad quality control. Bad customer service. High pricing for low-quality signs.

Advice to Management

Quit while you're ahead.

11. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Production in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Production in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Arrow Sign Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Arrow for a little over 2 years and have nothing but great things to say about this company. Great work environment, talented people producing great signs and structures. You will be expected to perform to a high level of craftsmanship/pride in your work at a fast pace, If this is your skill set then you will fit right in.

Cons

Tight deadlines is about it.

Advice to Management

Let people do there jobs.