Arrow Strategies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Jeff Styers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Arrow is back on track"

I have been working at Arrow Strategies full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, fun office, great CEO, work with great candidates, group events, people treated fairly, get to be a part of something bigger than yourself and be encouraged to give back.

Cons

Leadership changes, they were good changes but it was a distraction while it was happening.

Advice to Management

Arrow is an awesome company, you just have to put in the work.

CEO is very involved with the company and cares about us and our success. Not run like a cold, faceless staffing firm. Recent changes mean that Arrow is back to being the company I joined. It's a sales culture, so you need to be able to do what you are here for, but your hard work does pay off. We are accountable for hitting our goals, but we are given the tools we need to do it. Can't imagine myself anywhere else and am reenergized and excited for what is to come.

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Arrow Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people you connect with inside the workplace walls can be great people, however, do not get too attached as the turnover is like nothing I have ever seen.

Cons

No consistency and company is ran like a 1-year old startup. Honestly, I would have felt more opportunity for career growth at a fast food chain. I would be worried about an audit if I worked for this place. The upper management is a joke and is ever-changing. This was not a company I am proud to say I worked for... Beware. Even if this is a last resort, seriously reconsider. Also keep in mind that the gossip in this place does not stop. You will be talked about and you will feel like you are re-entering middle school.

"Lack of Leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arrow Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will make great personal connections. A former employee (she was fired after 3 years for seemingly no reason) recently got married and many current employees attended her wedding. Another guy who was fired stood up in the wedding of a current employee. You meet good people and develop relationships that will last for your whole life. The problem is that the thing that brings you so close together is the mutual disdain for the sinking ship you work for.

Beer breaks and free happy hours are great - I especially liked st patricks day a few years ago were employees literally were passed out at their desks then driving home a 20 minutes later.

You will meet good people and probably be drunk 20% of the time.

Cons

Arrow Strategies is a company devoid of leadership. Things change for the sake of change every other month. Honestly it seems like an idea pops into the President or CEOs head and then they act on it without thinking it through. 3 years ago they changed commission plans and after 18 months realized the new plan cut into the executive bonuses too much so they made some employees take 20-40% paycuts in a single day. What makes matters worse is the people who were effected the most were people who were doing the best for the company. – no wonder so many people have left. Its a joke.
    Should we talk about how as a talent acquisition firm we needed to hire an outside firm to hire a leader in Chicago only to get catfished by the guy we hired? Now lets check in and see who Chicago is still performing now 2 years later…..
    What is the last major account that was brought in? I’ll wait.
    How about recruiter training? You would think that a company with as many managers as recruiters would know how to train and not have to bring in an outside trainer. You would also think if we paid god knows how much money to an outside trainer that we would actually follow through and do what he said and not fire him without so much as an announcement to the team whose lives were turned upside down trying to do what he said.
    The CEO is a great man who has saddled his horse to a President that I honestly don’t think cares about anyone other than himself. You can draw a straight line from the smug Presidents office to the dramatic loss in morale.

Advice to Management

Get things back to the way they were 5 years ago. I can appreciate the CEO trying to take a step back to allow the company to grow but look at whats happened? 9/10 of the top producers from even 3 years ago are gone. I doubt that anything will happen because the man is already a multimillionare so I will just continue to sit here and wait for the day I get fired or the company folds. At least I will be drunk in the meantime.

Jul 25, 2017 – CEO

Thank-you for your feedback. We are always open to improving ourselves, even through harsh criticism, so long as that criticism is grounded in truth. The outdated information and inaccuracies in... More

"Going downhill fast!"

I worked at Arrow Strategies full-time

Pros

Some of the people there are really great. Recruiters, managers and the account managers who truly care about the team and will help wherever they can.

Free pop/coffee, lots of free lunches provided. Masseuse every pay day. Flex time and 1 remote day/week.

Cons

Nothing ever really "sticks". Constantly implementing new processes and strategies and many times changing one way then returning back to how things were being done before. CEO once said that he didn't want to be like other companies who change and need to "go back to the basics" because they should have never left the basics to begin with.

Unnecessary amount of meetings that are not productive and could have been emails. Mandatory all company meetings that get scheduled >24 hours’ notice and canceled last minute.

Lack of any real training or performance reviews. There's recruiting and sales training outsourced and recorded for new hires and a performance review will be "Get more submittals."

Dysfunctional executive team. Several unsuccessful senior leadership changes. Executive team is over-complicating a simple business. Executive team has no passion and fail to lead by example. If you want to be talked at, not listened to, and are a “yes” man, this is the place for you!

High turnover/Low morale. In the last 6 months 12 have gotten laid off/fired and 6 who left for other opportunities. Who knows if part time remote workers are still employed. Eliminated VP of HR role.

CEO talks poorly about anyone who has ever left, whether they were let go or resigned, and will do so in all company meetings.

No loyalty at all.

A lot of new mottos, most recent you’ve seen is “One Arrow” and talks about Arrow cares but they don’t. Cool events and outings but you can’t change culture in 1 day of drinking downtown at a Tiger’s game or The Old Shillelagh.

Advice to Management

If you really say you're open to feedback, you have to ask for it AND actually listen to it. You're taking advice from an executive coach and new senior management staff but not bothering to listen to the people in the trenches. Only 2 “Coffee with Jeff” meetings happened with the CEO who asked to set it up. A lot of talk about transparency but little to none is provided…

We know growth is hard and challenging. But you don't need to change "virtually every fiber that makes up your organization." as said in another review. It's possible to grow and positively affect culture at the same time.

Be more involved with your people. Get buy in from them. Do you know major life events of your employees? Small talk might not be one of your favorite things to do but it's a necessary step to get to know your workforce and for them to feel like you *care*.

CEO talks about the bad recruiting companies he was with before and how he started Arrow Strategies to not be like them. The reality is he's helped turn Arrow Strategies into one of those companies he never wanted to be.

"Great company going through growth"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arrow Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Arrow Strategies is a company going through change. What gets lost in the process of organizational change, are the original reasons for why the change was sought. The company is fighting to grow and growth is not achieved unless you challenge virtually every fiber that makes up your organization. Every employee is being challenged to be better. This type of change is not welcomed by everyone and unfortunately for some it creates doubt regarding the execution and/or motives for the change. Recruiters know better than anyone that change is not for everyone, especially difficult change like this. The reward for having the grit and determination to face the challenge head-on is taking the company to a level not typically seen in this industry. It is hard, but the success is sweet. Would you want to work for a company that was stagnant, or one that was bold enough to challenge itself?
    The challenges of change aside, you will find very few organizations that reward it's employees like Arrow Strategies. The compensation is great. Massages are offered on every payday. A concierge available when needed. Meditation and Yoga offered throughout the week. The list could continue on and on. If you are an Arrow Strategies employee you will have an owner that lives his life selflessly, management that will invest in you to help make you successful, and coworkers that truly care for each other.

Cons

It will take time to get to where leadership wants to be. I believe that this is realized and acknowledged that it is a long, uphill and winding road.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep grinding. We employees will do the same and we will succeed together.

"Too Many Chiefs!!"

Pros

The people in the trenches...recruiters, account managers and the field staff. The recruiting manager is a great person, he fights for his team who management is always trying to fire.

Cons

Too many people in management who do not sell, but have no problem telling you how to sell and what you do wrong. They do not teach or mentor, they dictate.

Advice to Management

You talk about open door policy and yet have closed door meetings all day. We go to with advice and you are defensive, you spin and deflect it away from you so you don't need to change.

"Turn over"

I worked at Arrow Strategies (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Lack of leadership and the new president is clueless when it comes to IT staffing. All of the top employees are leaving for a reason. The disloyalty and lack of leadership from the excecutive team has caused high turner with the senior internal staff. It doesn't seem like the owner even cares about the employees anymore, greed as got the best of him.

Advice to Management

Too much management. You have more managers than you know what to do with.

Jan 19, 2017 – CEO

Thank-you for your feedback. As Arrow Strategies approaches it's fifteen-year anniversary we have evolved tremendously and that includes our executive team. We believe that building a high performing... More

"Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President Sales
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales

I worked at Arrow Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can really think of.

Cons

Dysfunctional management team has got this company stuck in reverse.

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Arrow Strategies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work at Arrow Strategies are fantastic. The culture is second to none and the work environment translates into the great work that is done. If you work hard, you are rewarded. There is a great chain of support for recruiters and for sales if you are "stuck", need training, or are looking to improve.

Cons

There have been changes taking place with leadership and corporate strategy as the company looks to grow to the next level, which isn't always fun. However, as those changes take hold, clearer responsibilities and processes are taking place. A welcome change.

Oct 18, 2016 – President

Thank you for your feedback. The success of our employees is important to us, glad to hear that you take advantage of the support that we provide.
    -John Ninkovich

"Great Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Sourcing Specialist in Southfield, MI

Pros

We have a great work environment, recruit for esteemed companies, are led by individuals who are worth looking up to, and have the freedom to find our own way to success.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.....the elevators are a little annoying, but other than that, none

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Oct 18, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are proud of the environment here at Arrow- the biggest component of which is our employees. I can’t disagree with you on the elevators, many tenants... More