Artemis Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Grant Gordon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"A Place for People to Grow and Make an Impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Artemis' strength definitely lies in it's people. A company that is as mission driven as Artemis tends to attract mission driven individuals. Everyone here takes pride in doing their best work and helping move the company and product forward. There are many problems to solve still, and growing pains exist at any startup, but we are all committed to work together to solve those problems and provide extreme value to our customers. It's a great place to be.

Cons

Location, being down town in Salt Lake just doesn't make sense for a tech startup in Utah.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive and transparent, and let us help solve the hard problems. I'm excited to see where we go!

Jul 6, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience and your advice! The culture you describe is the culture we're trying to build, so I'm glad that's coming through for you. :) I'm curious to hear your thoughts on... More

2. "Great company, great people"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health (Less than a year)

Pros

Artemis is an awesome place to work. I've been here a few months and am very happy and impressed so far. Everyone seems to work hard, the managers I'm around are smart, work hard, and care about their people, and the CEO is a great guy (super smart, but doesn't have the huge ego that some other tech CEOs seem to have). The product is great and has a promising opportunity in the market.

Cons

None significant enough to really speak of at this point.

Advice to Management

I think something that makes it so great here is the lack of toxic personalities (which I've seen damage great cultures at other companies) and a feeling of teamwork across departments. I think keeping those two strains strong in the culture as we grow will take a huge amount of effort and a very deliberate, organized approach from leadership.

Jun 27, 2018 – CEO

Can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience and your kind words! Your advice is spot on, and very timely. If you ever see issues that you believe I should know about, or if you just want to... More

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Artemis has a lot of good things going. There is a great culture here where everyone works hard, takes ownership, and is a team player. Management is very open and transparent. All the perks and benefits of working for a tech company. Tons of upside potential for those getting in early. The industry is long overdue for the tools Artemis is bringing to the table and it's exciting to see where we'll be in the next few years.

Cons

Nothing major, just typical growing pains of a start up and figuring out how to grow the company in the right direction. That setting isn't for everyone, but for those that thrive in that type of environment, this is the place to be. Office location isn't ideal being down town.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Be transparent and work hard to maintain a great company culture as we continue to grow.

Jun 27, 2018 – CEO

Thanks so much for sharing your observations and advice! You’re right: growing is a challenge, but the thing to excites me is watching the amazing group of people here tackling it one piece at a... More

4. "Utah's Best Kept Secret"

Current Employee - ADM in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - ADM in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a rich culture here at Artemis of hard work, and reward. Each department and team seems to work so well together, and it all rolls up to the executive team. Transparency has always been huge to me, and this place is as transparent as it gets. Amazing benefits and incentive to work hard.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any! My commute into SLC can be rough, but you get that anywhere!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the type of talent we need here, be picky. Continue to keep us informed and be transparent, you're doing an amazing job!

May 30, 2018 – CEO

Thanks so much for sharing! This kind of feedback really helps us make sure we're focusing on the right things. If you think of any cons, bring them to me so I can help fix them! Happy to have you on... More

5. "Best place I’ve ever worked!"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is amazing - very collaborative and inclusive. It’s not uncommon to pass by the founders and have a good conversation. The good vibes come from the very top on down to the person you report to directly. Management cares about your career and future, not only within Artemis, but wherever you’ll go to next.

On top of how great the people are, what we’re doing with our platform is revolutionary to the healthcare industry. It’s really cool getting to be apart of something so transformative and to be working with the smart people bringing that change around.

Management trusts you to do your job and as a result there is no micro-management. With that being said, there are also high expectations that require you to be at your very best. Which for me has improved my work ethic and made me excited to come to work everyday.

Cons

We’re still in startup mode, so things are constantly changing. Roles are changing, jobs are being redefined continually. That sometimes requires you to do things outside of your job title and description.

However, that also provides you with the ability to prove yourself and keep your destiny in your own hands - to go after a promotion or a job that you would like to do.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Stay picky with who you hire. But I don’t see anything I would honestly have you change right now.

Apr 16, 2018 – CEO

Really appreciate you sharing your experience! Keeping up with the evolving challenges here can be tough for sure -- thank you for your flexibility in helping us tackle them.

6. "Great company, normal growth pains"

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time

Pros

Lots of great opportunity, powerful mission to help fix healthcare with analytics, leadership is aware that growth leads to growing pains and is working hard to fix those, really awesome people, well funded with patient investors.

Cons

Standard growing pains where it's tough to hire great people fast enough to fill some of the gaps that appear almost overnight. Building space is a challenge - again standard challenge with fast growth.

Advice to Management

Keep being humble in your approach to problem solving and recognizing shortcomings while being patient enough to hire great people to fill the gaps. Better to hire someone great slowly than rush to hire someone who is not great.

Mar 22, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice! Appreciate the understanding on the good-to-have-problems. :) Love having thoughtful people like you in the company.

Definitely let me know... More

7. "Growing Saas Company"

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time

Pros

An innovative product that is taking over our space.
    A passionate, hardworking leadership team that cares about fixing healthcare.
    An opportunity to be a self-starter and fix issues that you see within the company
    Tons of growth potential
    An amazing employee experience with a world-class performance management program.

Cons

Young companies have growing pains, we have those growing pains in our product and processes. We should all be working to fix the issues.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring experts who will help us fix what is broken. Thanks for starting a great company.

Mar 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank *you* for sharing! Appreciate the advice as well. If you ever have other thoughts about the business you think I should know please don’t forget to slack/email/tap me on the shoulder.

"Needs Improvement"

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential to be the leader in this space
    Unlimited PTO
    Working with some really smart people

Cons

There's a culture of pretending everything is fine when it's not and it all stems from upper management saying there's an open-door policy or they are always willing to listen when nothing comes out of it. If you’re not part of upper-management’s inner circle, you might as well keep your head down and your mouth shut because you will not be heard. This is a company with a lot of potential that is ruined by immature, inexperienced, and tone-deaf upper management. They love to talk about transparency and open-doors, but your personal appeals are met with a glazed-over indifference.

Company meetings are sales rah-rah events, yet staff who miss sales targets are treated with indifference. Sales contracts are unrealistic and have been from the very beginning. We promise the world when we can barely deliver a quarter of it. This then leads to unhappy customers and over-worked and unhappy employees.

Leadership doesn't allow enough time or resources to actually test out a theory. If they don't see something working within a couple months, they move on to the next thing they've heard works. And the cycle continues without establishing real processes that current and new employees can follow.

Communication between departments is non-existent. Something changes from one department that affects another, but that change isn't communicated until it has already happened and things are breaking.

Work-life balance is only good in some parts of the company. Some people feel like they have to work long hours and weekends while others work 40 hours and feel like they have all the time in the world. Engineering seems to be one fire drill after another and deadlines are rarely met.

Advice to Management

When you are "listening" to your employees, really take the time to HEAR them. Take their ideas into account when making decisions. Let them feel heard and valued. Follow-through on your promises, give direction, give time for processes to be established rather than living in a world of constant change.

Mar 5, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience -- I'm sorry it's left you so frustrated. Please come talk to me! Let's sit down for a solid block of time so I can understand the specifics of what you're seeing... More

"Excited to be on the Team"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

Pros

The creativity exudes from each employee. The passion from each employee is displayed with each interaction and shows through the product.

Cons

I don’t have any at this time, and I do not see any in the future! Cannot wait to see what the future holds for me and the company.

Feb 26, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for sharing! Walking into the office and working side by side with this team is humbling.

"Great Company that Cares Deeply About Their Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only does Artemis develop a great product, but management strives to promote employee development. Artemis helps employees achieve both company goals as well as personal goals through their Performance Management Plan. There is lots of room to grow, take on more responsibility, and explore other departments.
    Most of all I enjoy the company culture that Artemis creates. While this company is a startup, I never feel pressured to work more hours than I want to. In fact they are incredibly supportive of my schooling and flexible with my schedule. In addition, Artemis is a family and community oriented company that holds quarterly service projects and holiday events like trick-or-treating for employee’s kids.
    The C-Suite does a wonderful job in particular. I appreciate how they go out of their way to seek out employee input about the product and the company. Every All Hands meeting they take five to ten minutes to answer specific questions from employees.
    Overall, Artemis is doing a great job and they are growing fast. Plus, the location in downtown Salt Lake is easily accessible by the Trax pass they offer!

Cons

Learning more self-control so I don't snack in the fully stocked kitchen. The office is very quiet.

Advice to Management

Do more team building activities or lunch and learns. Hire more women! :)

Feb 26, 2018 – CEO

Really appreciate you sharing your experience here! All the items you mentioned are absolutely priorities for us, and while we don't always succeed at them, it means a lot that you notice that we're... More