Artemis Health Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2019

4.5
Artemis Health CEO and Co-founder Grant Gordon
Grant Gordon

"A Place for People to Grow and Make an Impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Artemis' strength definitely lies in it's people. A company that is as mission driven as Artemis tends to attract mission driven individuals. Everyone here takes pride in doing their best work and helping move the company and product forward. There are many problems to solve still, and growing pains exist at any startup, but we are all committed to work together to solve those problems and provide extreme value to our customers. It's a great place to be.

Cons

Location, being down town in Salt Lake just doesn't make sense for a tech startup in Utah.

July 6, 2018CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience and your advice! The culture you describe is the culture we're trying to build, so I'm glad that's coming through for you. :) I'm curious to hear your thoughts on why downtown doesn't make sense for a tech startup. Feel free to come chat with me if you'd like.

"Great Mission!"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Mission! This company has a great opportunity to meet their goal of changing healthcare through data analytics.

Cons

Leadership isn't consistently transparent to staff.

September 24, 2019CEO

Thanks for sharing! I'm really sad to hear that you feel we're not being consistently transparent. It's something we actively prioritize so if we're not hitting to mark it would be super helpful if you could share more details with me. I don't think it's possible for you to respond here, so if you're open to it please slack me or come tap me on the shoulder.

"Great company, great people"

Enterprise Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health for less than a year

Pros

Artemis is an awesome place to work. I've been here a few months and am very happy and impressed so far. Everyone seems to work hard, the managers I'm around are smart, work hard, and care about their people, and the CEO is a great guy (super smart, but doesn't have the huge ego that some other tech CEOs seem to have). The product is great and has a promising opportunity in the market.

Cons

None significant enough to really speak of at this point.

June 27, 2018CEO

Can’t thank you enough for sharing your experience and your kind words! Your advice is spot on, and very timely. If you ever see issues that you believe I should know about, or if you just want to talk, don’t hesitate to come find me!

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Artemis has a lot of good things going. There is a great culture here where everyone works hard, takes ownership, and is a team player. Management is very open and transparent. All the perks and benefits of working for a tech company. Tons of upside potential for those getting in early. The industry is long overdue for the tools Artemis is bringing to the table and it's exciting to see where we'll be in the next few years.

Cons

Nothing major, just typical growing pains of a start up and figuring out how to grow the company in the right direction. That setting isn't for everyone, but for those that thrive in that type of environment, this is the place to be. Office location isn't ideal being down town.

June 27, 2018CEO

Thanks so much for sharing your observations and advice! You’re right: growing is a challenge, but the thing to excites me is watching the amazing group of people here tackling it one piece at a time. Codifying culture and purposefully weaving it into the systems of the company so that it stays strong is top of mind for me right now, so your advice is prescient. If you ever need me for anything, you know how to find me!

5. "Utah's Best Kept Secret"

Current Employee - ADM in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such a rich culture here at Artemis of hard work, and reward. Each department and team seems to work so well together, and it all rolls up to the executive team. Transparency has always been huge to me, and this place is as transparent as it gets. Amazing benefits and incentive to work hard.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any! My commute into SLC can be rough, but you get that anywhere!

May 30, 2018CEO

Thanks so much for sharing! This kind of feedback really helps us make sure we're focusing on the right things. If you think of any cons, bring them to me so I can help fix them! Happy to have you on the team.

6. "Best place I’ve ever worked!"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is amazing - very collaborative and inclusive. It’s not uncommon to pass by the founders and have a good conversation. The good vibes come from the very top on down to the person you report to directly. Management cares about your career and future, not only within Artemis, but wherever you’ll go to next. On top of how great the people are, what we’re doing with our platform is revolutionary to the healthcare industry. It’s really cool getting to be apart of something so transformative and to be working with the smart people bringing that change around. Management trusts you to do your job and as a result there is no micro-management. With that being said, there are also high expectations that require you to be at your very best. Which for me has improved my work ethic and made me excited to come to work everyday.

Cons

We’re still in startup mode, so things are constantly changing. Roles are changing, jobs are being redefined continually. That sometimes requires you to do things outside of your job title and description. However, that also provides you with the ability to prove yourself and keep your destiny in your own hands - to go after a promotion or a job that you would like to do.

April 16, 2018CEO

Really appreciate you sharing your experience! Keeping up with the evolving challenges here can be tough for sure -- thank you for your flexibility in helping us tackle them.

7. "Great company, normal growth pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time

Pros

Lots of great opportunity, powerful mission to help fix healthcare with analytics, leadership is aware that growth leads to growing pains and is working hard to fix those, really awesome people, well funded with patient investors.

Cons

Standard growing pains where it's tough to hire great people fast enough to fill some of the gaps that appear almost overnight. Building space is a challenge - again standard challenge with fast growth.

March 22, 2018CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice! Appreciate the understanding on the good-to-have-problems. :) Love having thoughtful people like you in the company. Definitely let me know directly if you're seeing specific things I should know about.

8. "Growing Saas Company"

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time

Pros

An innovative product that is taking over our space. A passionate, hardworking leadership team that cares about fixing healthcare. An opportunity to be a self-starter and fix issues that you see within the company Tons of growth potential An amazing employee experience with a world-class performance management program.

Cons

Young companies have growing pains, we have those growing pains in our product and processes. We should all be working to fix the issues.

March 12, 2018CEO

Thank *you* for sharing! Appreciate the advice as well. If you ever have other thoughts about the business you think I should know please don’t forget to slack/email/tap me on the shoulder.

"Needs Improvement"

2.0

I have been working at Artemis Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential to be the leader in this space Unlimited PTO Working with some really smart people

Cons

There's a culture of pretending everything is fine when it's not and it all stems from upper management saying there's an open-door policy or they are always willing to listen when nothing comes out of it. If you’re not part of upper-management’s inner circle, you might as well keep your head down and your mouth shut because you will not be heard. This is a company with a lot of potential that is ruined by immature, inexperienced, and tone-deaf upper management. They love to talk about transparency and open-doors, but your personal appeals are met with a glazed-over indifference. Company meetings are sales rah-rah events, yet staff who miss sales targets are treated with indifference. Sales contracts are unrealistic and have been from the very beginning. We promise the world when we can barely deliver a quarter of it. This then leads to unhappy customers and over-worked and unhappy employees. Leadership doesn't allow enough time or resources to actually test out a theory. If they don't see something working within a couple months, they move on to the next thing they've heard works. And the cycle continues without establishing real processes that current and new employees can follow. Communication between departments is non-existent. Something changes from one department that affects another, but that change isn't communicated until it has already happened and things are breaking. Work-life balance is only good in some parts of the company. Some people feel like they have to work long hours and weekends while others work 40 hours and feel like they have all the time in the world. Engineering seems to be one fire drill after another and deadlines are rarely met.

March 5, 2018CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience -- I'm sorry it's left you so frustrated. Please come talk to me! Let's sit down for a solid block of time so I can understand the specifics of what you're seeing and experiencing. I'm working hard to make this a great place to work, and I could really use your help.

"Excited to be on the Team"

Implementation Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Artemis Health

Pros

The creativity exudes from each employee. The passion from each employee is displayed with each interaction and shows through the product.

Cons

I don’t have any at this time, and I do not see any in the future! Cannot wait to see what the future holds for me and the company.

February 26, 2018CEO

Thanks for sharing! Walking into the office and working side by side with this team is humbling.

Found 29 reviews