Artemis Health Reviews

1. 5.0

Great culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artemis is a great company to work for.

Cons

Has a lot of growing pains.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your experience!

2. 3.0

sales

Apr 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Yorkdale, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good job decent pay okay

Cons

bad location not very friendly

CEO

Are you sure you got the right Artemis? We don't have any employees based in LA.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rough waters behind, smooth sailing ahead?

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros of working at Artemis. Amazing people (with few exceptions), a CEO that clearly cares deeply about the mission, company, and the people who work in it, and generous (read unlimited) PTO, decent salary, willingness to hire remote even before COVID, to name a few. The upward job mobility is also a pro at a smaller company like Artemis and certainly helps accelerate your career trajectory in a shorter amount of time than at a Fortune 500. Performers are generally recognized and rewarded, although some people in certain roles may be overlooked. The outlook of the company is, in my opinion, extremely positive with lots of room for growth. The CEO is making the right moves developing and innovating the product space Artemis has (as they should), and the company is trending in a financially positive way. Overall, I'd definitely recommend joining the team, where I may not have a year ago.

Cons

The last year+ at Artemis has been bad, there are no ways around it. Both the venture capital nature of the company (series C), as well as the necessities of a pandemic economy have led to the following: - A couple of rounds of layoffs, granted, some of it was trimming the fat and needed to happen. - Long hours due to short staffing are the norm for the majority of positions (slowly, very slowly, starting to change). - A few incompetent people are unfortunately in key positions like HR which makes life difficult for everyone. Going to be true at any company though. - A sales team that routinely oversells/YOLOs deals without input from other teams, screwing over other employees while washing their hands happy to collect the commission. - If a customer says jump, management generally does not say "how high?" Instead, they get on their knees and start to unzip. This thankfully is starting to turn around some. - And last, but a BIG one in my opinion is the lack of a 401k match. The company does offer equity/option grants but it doesn't make up for this. These are all pretty negative comments, but many of them are beginning to be recognized, and I have a decent amount of faith that they will turn around in the foreseeable future.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for sharing your nuanced thoughts, here. Some are spot on, in my opinion. We're, of course, endeavoring to double down on the good things while working on our challenges. RE: a few of your thoughts, there may be some context that hasn't made it to you (despite our culture of transparency, it can be hard to spread context everywhere evenly) and that I'd be happy to discuss if you take me up on my open door policy. I hope you do.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people and inspiring mission

Nov 7, 2020 - Vice President Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Artemis Health as a great product serving some of the most impressive and innovative customers in the U.S. --The culture is terrific. People feel cared for and truly enjoy working together and striving toward the mission of helping employers help their employees to have great healthcare they can afford. --I am a happier person because I found such a great company to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

CEO

Thanks for such kind feedback! We'll keep striving to maintain and improve our culture. And remember: if you ever do have concerns you can always come talk to me.

5. 3.0

Great org

Jan 26, 2021 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

great leadership and mission, kind people to work with.

Cons

Start-up, a bit disorganized, sometimes hasty-immature decision making.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

6. 5.0

Great company

Nov 22, 2020 - Asset Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and people to work with

Cons

None, great place to work

CEO

Thanks for the review, but we don't employe Asset Managers. Perhaps you reviewed the wrong company?

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Dec 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good nice cool place yes

Cons

Not too many of those really

CEO

We appreciate feedback, but I'm confused by your note. Why would you rate us 1 star but title your post "good" and say we're a nice place to work and there aren't many cons? Can you share additional details as to why you rated us 1 star?

8. 4.0

Hospice & Palliative Care

Aug 28, 2020 - Clinical Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Patient focused & caring staff from the owners to the office staff & field staff

Cons

Hesitant of change & new ideas

CEO

I think you may have reviewed the wrong Artemis Health?

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Mission!

Sep 20, 2019 - Implementation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Mission! This company has a great opportunity to meet their goal of changing healthcare through data analytics.

Cons

Leadership isn't consistently transparent to staff.

CEO

Thanks for sharing! I'm really sad to hear that you feel we're not being consistently transparent. It's something we actively prioritize so if we're not hitting to mark it would be super helpful if you could share more details with me. I don't think it's possible for you to respond here, so if you're open to it please slack me or come tap me on the shoulder.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, energetic, and hungry for the next level

Aug 15, 2016 - Senior SQL Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having spent most of my career working for large, corporate environments, Artemis Health is a breath of fresh air. This is a company where your contributions make a difference in a big way. The hunger for greater success is palpable; employees and management alike work together as a unified team. Communication is open and honest; employees will find an open door and the company is open to implementing the best ideas. Hard work is applauded almost as enthusiastically as smart work. There is "unlimited" vacation, which essentially means work hard and then take the time off that you need throughout the year. Management provides food, snacks, and soda on-site as a nice perk; and regularly organizes company lunches or get-togethers. All-in-all, a top notch company with an incredibly bright future in a thriving industry.

Cons

This company might not be a good fit for anyone who wants to work alone and/or with little social interaction, as there are no cubicles to speak of and everyone works together or in ad-hoc teams as needed. Company is only a few years old, which may be stressful to someone looking for a well-established environment where things have been done a certain way for years. Employees are encouraged to think improvements and change, which may be off-putting to some.

5 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! We'll keep them in mind as we continue to expand!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews