Artisan Talent Reviews

Updated Jan 5, 2021

4.8
Artisan Talent Founder & CEO Bejan Douraghy (no image)
Bejan Douraghy
  1. 5.0

Review

Jan 5, 2021 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great management and owner -exciting work environment

Cons

-lack of organization and scheduling issues

vice president

Thank you for your review. We will try and improve on the issues you bring up.

2. 5.0

Supportive Culture

Jan 2, 2021 - Junior Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive culture, care about junior people

Cons

Hours can be quite long

vice president

Thank you for your honest review.

3. 5.0

Great co

Nov 20, 2020 - Director in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked working there quite a bit

Cons

None that I can think of

Thank You!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love working here!

Oct 11, 2018 - Creative Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super creative, small-knit team. Strong ethical approach to recruiting!

Cons

There are no cons for me.

1 person found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your review! We love having great employees like you on our team. We look forward growing and providing more opportunities for the team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Agile talent-focused operation

Feb 6, 2015 - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Artisan NYC for over 4 years and we pride ourselves in being able to consistently adjust ourselves to the changing forces of talent marketplace. Everyone here truly values new ideas - as quirky as they may be. These ideas have helped us feel appreciated, heard and valued as employees. Also these ideas have helped us stay relevant for the talent we serve. Personally, i have grown tremendously at Artisan. The company is structured to allow for anyone who starts working here to essentially crate their own path as long as it aligns with team's overall direction. Teamwork is also something Artisan rewards financially - so the environment is built to foster strong bonds both internally and externally.

Cons

This is a fast paced environment and as such has its own challenges. However, at Artisan i always felt how i felt in grad school. We are all on the same team and therefore we always had fun even when it gets rough.

10 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for the thoughtful review and the great ideas. Please keep them coming! We will certainly continue to stay true to our mission by creating great matches for both our clients and our talent.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Best creative staffing company in Chicago!

Aug 7, 2015 - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan has a 25+ year history of representing freelance and fulltime talent for top-notch jobs. Better yet: their connections in the design industry are built upon years of genuine interest in what creatives "do all day," an understanding of what drives them, and what they need in a strategic partner when it comes to the business of finding work/talent. No one can match the resources that Artisan offers to freelance talent: health insurance and other benefits, direct deposit, Lynda.com training, career coaching, resume writing, and more. Internally, management works closely with each employee to find the right "match" between their skills and company needs, even creating new positions when necessary.

Cons

Artisan isn't always the fastest or most cost-effective choice -- a direct result of investing time, energy, intelligence and money into building longstanding relationships with clients and candidates, getting to know what truly works well. If you are just looking for resumes, or only want to "be" a resume, go elsewhere.

6 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your valuable feedback and advice. We will definitely work on implementing new ways of getting the word out about how we do business and continue with the work ethic and culture established by our President.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Boutique Staffing Agency

Sep 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan Talent is full of fantastic people who treat each other, clients and talent with transparency, respect and honesty. "Doing the right thing" always trumps numbers and metrics. Rare in today's business environment but this agency is perfectly suited to be a true partner to professionals in the creative, digital and design field.

Cons

It's a small company, so if you love the things that come with a large corporation like conference calls, travel, seminars, middle management, etc, Artisan is not a good home for you. Sure, there are some disadvantages to being smaller, but the pros of this flat company, personal service to clients and talent far out-weight the cons. Artisan still offers training and team-building events, has a state-the-art and always reliable CRM and technology, etc - but this is a niche firm not an international conglomerate.

2 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your insightful review. We will happily take your advice in maintaining our company culture and moral compass as we grow!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Feb 9, 2015 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been very pleased with my brief period at Artisan. Everyone I've met and dealt with from the company has been great to work with. They're a warm group that embraces new people well. The President and Vice President are very easy to talk to you and make you care about their company, I also appreciate their outreach to charity and connection with local groups. Compensation is on par with comparable jobs and they are flexible/open to remote work.

Cons

I haven't discovered any cons as of yet. It is a small company, so growth within may not be as plentiful as with a larger company, but I'm satisfied.

7 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you. We strive to nurture great long term relationships with all of our employees

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to be a recruiter!

Jul 6, 2017 - Talent Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers! Company truly cares about its candidates, clients and employees; team has a lot of fun and has great team outings and events; not commission based for recruiters, so more pressure on getting to know talent vs treating them like numbers

Cons

Not commission based, so lower max earnings (yes, I know it's a pro too); a bit old fashioned with some systems and paper dependent still; smaller company so fewer set growth opportunities but opportunity to make your own path if you want to

3 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thanks! We agree with your advice wholeheartedly!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The leader of the pack!

Feb 11, 2014 - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company culture that permeates from the top down. Nurturing atmosphere which allows for personal growth. Fun work environment with really interesting and caring colleagues. Professional & respectful work place and the opportunity to meet many diverse and creative people.

Cons

Working in an industry that is subject to large up and downs depending on the economy at large.

5 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you. We are Looking forward to our continued growth and will strive to keep our founders' ideals and company culture intact.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews