Artisan Talent Reviews | Glassdoor

Bejan Douraghy
  1. Love working here!

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Super creative, small-knit team. Strong ethical approach to recruiting!

Cons

There are no cons for me.

October 12, 2018vice president

Thank you for your review! We love having great employees like you on our team. We look forward growing and providing more opportunities for the team.

Walking the Talk

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Artisan has always enabled me to play to my strengths and to maintain a work-life balance that doesn't require me compromise what's important personally or professionally.

Cons

For the past 5 years I've worked remotely from Pittsburgh and I do miss seeing my team more regularly.

July 15, 2018vice president

Thank you for your review. :) Here's to 10 more great years!

3. AM

I worked at Artisan Talent for more than 2 years

Pros

Great work life balance and team

Cons

Health benefits/insurance aren't the greatest

May 10, 2018vice president

Thank you for your review. We will look into our benefits package and see if we can improve it in anyway.

Great place to be a recruiter!

Current Employee - Talent Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great coworkers! Company truly cares about its candidates, clients and employees; team has a lot of fun and has great team outings and events; not commission based for recruiters, so more pressure on getting to know talent vs treating them like numbers

Cons

Not commission based, so lower max earnings (yes, I know it's a pro too); a bit old fashioned with some systems and paper dependent still; smaller company so fewer set growth opportunities but opportunity to make your own path if you want to

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with new technology and easier systems for talent and clients Keep focusing on hiring people who want to build relationships with talents and clients vs just fill a job and get a commission check

August 6, 2017vice president

Thanks! We agree with your advice wholeheartedly!

Growing, great firm

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Artisan has a true entrepreneurial atmosphere; if you want to take leadership and run with programs or great ideas, it is the place for you with plenty of room for growth in your role and the opportunity to own a lot. The group is good people that knows good people; why relationships are so long term on both client and talent sides. (best part!)

Cons

Lean and mean is real. Artisan is very good at what they do and when surges of business come through, man power can get short.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and supporting each department with structure that can flex with business tides.

August 6, 2017vice president

Thank you for the review, with your help and valuable employees such as you, we will do our best to continue on the supportive path you have experienced so far.

Fantastic Boutique Staffing Agency

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Artisan Talent is full of fantastic people who treat each other, clients and talent with transparency, respect and honesty. "Doing the right thing" always trumps numbers and metrics. Rare in today's business environment but this agency is perfectly suited to be a true partner to professionals in the creative, digital and design field.

Cons

It's a small company, so if you love the things that come with a large corporation like conference calls, travel, seminars, middle management, etc, Artisan is not a good home for you. Sure, there are some disadvantages to being smaller, but the pros of this flat company, personal service to clients and talent far out-weight the cons. Artisan still offers training and team-building events, has a state-the-art and always...

Advice to Management

Of course keep growing and expanding to new markets, just never grow too fast or lose what makes Artisan unique to other agencies.

October 5, 2016vice president

Thank you for your insightful review. We will happily take your advice in maintaining our company culture and moral compass as we grow!

Graphic Design

Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Artisan Talent

Pros

Artisan does a good job of placing creative people in relevant positions. The payments were always on time and billing hours was easy. They prescreen with a skills test so that helps weed out candidates that are not capable of completing tasks.

Cons

working with an agent they are always going to take a cut. They take approx half of the salary earned. That is the fee they charge for finding job openings that you may have not been aware of. Many companies don't make job openings public and only work with placement agencies. its a fair deal, just be aware.

February 3, 2016vice president

Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you again. It is worthy to note that the majority of what we take out of the salary earned by the talent is not our fee. In fact it is payed on behalf of the talent in the form of taxes (income, unemployment, social security, ...

Working At Artisan

I have been working at Artisan Talent full-time

Pros

It's a truly fantastic environment to work in! Everyone operates as a team - always there to help each other succeed.

Cons

None

November 4, 2015vice president

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continue fostering a positive team approach to all of our tasks and are glad to see that things are working out well for you.

Best creative staffing company in Chicago!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Artisan Talent full-time

Pros

Artisan has a 25+ year history of representing freelance and fulltime talent for top-notch jobs. Better yet: their connections in the design industry are built upon years of genuine interest in what creatives "do all day," an understanding of what drives them, and what they need in a strategic partner when it comes to the business of finding work/talent. No one can match the resources that Artisan offers to freelance...

Cons

Artisan isn't always the fastest or most cost-effective choice -- a direct result of investing time, energy, intelligence and money into building longstanding relationships with clients and candidates, getting to know what truly works well. If you are just looking for resumes, or only want to "be" a resume, go elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example with internal transparency in communication, optimism, and proactive praise. Look for new ways to promote Artisan as a thought leader in creative staffing.

August 12, 2015vice president

Thank you for your valuable feedback and advice. We will definitely work on implementing new ways of getting the word out about how we do business and continue with the work ethic and culture established by our President.

Agile talent-focused operation

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Artisan Talent

Pros

I have been working for Artisan NYC for over 4 years and we pride ourselves in being able to consistently adjust ourselves to the changing forces of talent marketplace. Everyone here truly values new ideas - as quirky as they may be. These ideas have helped us feel appreciated, heard and valued as employees. Also these ideas have helped us stay relevant for the talent we serve. Personally, i have grown tremendously...

Cons

This is a fast paced environment and as such has its own challenges. However, at Artisan i always felt how i felt in grad school. We are all on the same team and therefore we always had fun even when it gets rough.

Advice to Management

Continue staying true to our team's mission of servicing our creative talent.

February 11, 2015vice president

Thank you for the thoughtful review and the great ideas. Please keep them coming! We will certainly continue to stay true to our mission by creating great matches for both our clients and our talent.

Found 14 reviews