KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Artisan Talent Reviews

Updated Jan 5, 2021

Found 17 of over 34 reviews

4.8
Artisan Talent Founder & CEO Bejan Douraghy (no image)
Bejan Douraghy
  1. 5.0

Review

Jan 5, 2021 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great management and owner -exciting work environment

Cons

-lack of organization and scheduling issues

vice president

Thank you for your review. We will try and improve on the issues you bring up.

2. 5.0

Supportive Culture

Jan 2, 2021 - Junior Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive culture, care about junior people

Cons

Hours can be quite long

vice president

Thank you for your honest review.

3. 5.0

Great co

Nov 20, 2020 - Director in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked working there quite a bit

Cons

None that I can think of

Thank You!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love working here!

Oct 11, 2018 - Creative Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super creative, small-knit team. Strong ethical approach to recruiting!

Cons

There are no cons for me.

1 person found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your review! We love having great employees like you on our team. We look forward growing and providing more opportunities for the team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Walking the Talk

Jul 11, 2018 - Senior Talent Acquisition Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan has always enabled me to play to my strengths and to maintain a work-life balance that doesn't require me compromise what's important personally or professionally.

Cons

For the past 5 years I've worked remotely from Pittsburgh and I do miss seeing my team more regularly.

1 person found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your review. :) Here's to 10 more great years!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

AM

Apr 4, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and team

Cons

Health benefits/insurance aren't the greatest

vice president

Thank you for your review. We will look into our benefits package and see if we can improve it in anyway.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growing, great firm

Jul 6, 2017 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan has a true entrepreneurial atmosphere; if you want to take leadership and run with programs or great ideas, it is the place for you with plenty of room for growth in your role and the opportunity to own a lot. The group is good people that knows good people; why relationships are so long term on both client and talent sides. (best part!)

Cons

Lean and mean is real. Artisan is very good at what they do and when surges of business come through, man power can get short.

2 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for the review, with your help and valuable employees such as you, we will do our best to continue on the supportive path you have experienced so far.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to be a recruiter!

Jul 6, 2017 - Talent Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers! Company truly cares about its candidates, clients and employees; team has a lot of fun and has great team outings and events; not commission based for recruiters, so more pressure on getting to know talent vs treating them like numbers

Cons

Not commission based, so lower max earnings (yes, I know it's a pro too); a bit old fashioned with some systems and paper dependent still; smaller company so fewer set growth opportunities but opportunity to make your own path if you want to

3 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thanks! We agree with your advice wholeheartedly!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Boutique Staffing Agency

Sep 6, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan Talent is full of fantastic people who treat each other, clients and talent with transparency, respect and honesty. "Doing the right thing" always trumps numbers and metrics. Rare in today's business environment but this agency is perfectly suited to be a true partner to professionals in the creative, digital and design field.

Cons

It's a small company, so if you love the things that come with a large corporation like conference calls, travel, seminars, middle management, etc, Artisan is not a good home for you. Sure, there are some disadvantages to being smaller, but the pros of this flat company, personal service to clients and talent far out-weight the cons. Artisan still offers training and team-building events, has a state-the-art and always reliable CRM and technology, etc - but this is a niche firm not an international conglomerate.

2 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your insightful review. We will happily take your advice in maintaining our company culture and moral compass as we grow!

10. 4.0

Graphic Design

Dec 14, 2015 - Freelance Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Artisan does a good job of placing creative people in relevant positions. The payments were always on time and billing hours was easy. They prescreen with a skills test so that helps weed out candidates that are not capable of completing tasks.

Cons

working with an agent they are always going to take a cut. They take approx half of the salary earned. That is the fee they charge for finding job openings that you may have not been aware of. Many companies don't make job openings public and only work with placement agencies. its a fair deal, just be aware.

4 people found this review helpful

vice president

Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you again. It is worthy to note that the majority of what we take out of the salary earned by the talent is not our fee. In fact it is payed on behalf of the talent in the form of taxes (income, unemployment, social security, medicare, etc). One of the benefits for both the employer and the talent is to have all of this paperwork and hassle taken care of on their behalf.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews

Artisan Talent Reviews FAQs

100% of Artisan Talent employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Artisan Talent 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Artisan Talent to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with Artisan Talent Job Seekers