Aruba Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Aruba Networks President and Co-Founder Keerti Melkote
Keerti Melkote

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Difficult work life balance with constant pressure" (in 15 reviews)

• "No Work life balance, outdated tools, not great 401k matching" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Aruba Networks"

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time

Pros

Fantastic work environment. Good benefits. Open door Mgmt policy. Great Tech!

Cons

I have not found any yet

Advice to Management

Don't change anything

2. "Visionary leaders to work for"

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Counsel in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with this company for 8+ years and worked with various cross functional team leaders. I had the honor of being interviewed by Keerti Melkote personally, and was convinced that he is the type of leader I would like to work for - visionary, passionate, and personable. We've grown over the years, but the management team is trying hard to maintain the "BsC" (Biggest Small Company) culture here. The technology we develop is cutting edge. The amount of innovation around the campus is inspiring.

Cons

Cross team collaboration with other HPE BUs can be quite painful across all levels. If you work for the global functions team at HPE and happen to support Aruba, it could feel like you are working hard to support the Aruba BU, but not really being treated as a part of the Aruba family.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Active, engaging environment with plenty of interesting products to work on

Cons

Sometimes we have to deal with older employee support systems, but upper management is fixing or going back to what worked before

Advice to Management

Keep the Customer First, Customer Last attitude and continue streamlining the employee systems so they don't get in the way of doing our job

4. "Culture"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Terrific culture, cultivating the best in everyone, encouraging collaboration and producing world class offerings.....all under the banner of customer first, customer last

Cons

No different than most organizations.....need to focus on enhancing tools and processes.

Advice to Management

Remove some of the process hurdles so that your top notch sales team can continue to grow and flourish.

5. "Fantastic Culture"

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone here truly ready and willing to help to get to what the customer needs. They will also step up when employees need help personally as well. Very much an ennoblement perspective inside and out.

Cons

There probably could be more structure and process around some of the programs and activities that take place.

"Innovative, customer and innovation-driven organization"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative, Challenging (in positive way), Customer-focused

Cons

Engineering locations in US limited to Santa Clara and Roseville, CA.

7. "Awesome Work Culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Aruba has awesome work culture. People here are so nice and they work in very collaborative manner. The environment is very conducive for developing cutting edge and complex products in record time. There is lot of fresh talent that has come in last 12-18 months that is bringing new ideas on the table. More or less everyone seems to be highly committed to their work. There is so much positive energy compared to many other companies. Aruba is challenging the status quo by building new groundbreaking products. The market share in wireless and switching has grown significantly. People have the opportunity to learn and grow their skills. People can move to different groups within the company and can really get exposure to work right from ASIC to the s/w applications. Having presence in Roseville is great because people that do not want to live in Silicon Valley anymore due to rising costs can move to Roseville office and still work for Aruba.

Cons

One of the biggest cons is the compensations - the bonus structure is no way close to other big companies in networking space. Also RSUs are given to very very limited set of people and even that quantity is minuscule. The salary ranges are not bad but they could be better. There is some work happening on improving salary ranges and that change is really welcoming ! The ESPP really sucks. There is lot of pressure these days to delivery lot of features/products in short span of time. This is not sustainable model even though it may benefit the company in short term.

Advice to Management

Things are really going well in right direction under Keerti and Antonio's leadership. However please continue to keep focus on employees because that is your biggest strength. If people are happy and rewarded very well they can create magic ! Please continue to invest in R&D and build solid pipeline of new products for next decade. Keep focus on product quality. Our products will speak for themselves. Continue growing internal talent and give them opportunity to lead. When hiring senior talent in R&D from outside please make sure they are rock solid technical people and humble leaders.

8. "Culture Wins"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

"Customer-First Customer-Last" culture. Everyone wants to win, and win as a team. Fast paced, collaborative, opportunities everywhere.

Cons

So fast paced it is sometimes disorganized and we don't execute as well as we should.

Advice to Management

Invest in our culture as we grow. And do more by doing less -- focus.

9. "Big Company with Small Company Culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since the acquisition by Hewlett Packard Enterprise four years ago, Aruba has maintained the small company family culture that is typically lost after the absorption by a giant company. Credit can be attributed to Keerti Melkote, co-founder of Aruba, for his fierce passion for Aruba and its employees. From encouraging a work/life balance to instilling fun in the workplace with celebrations and community outreach, Aruba is an attractive place to work at, have fun and grow professionally.

Cons

Aruba continues to fight to keep our brand strong and independent alongside the HPE brand. Larger companies equal longer processes which continues to be a struggle for Aruba employees.

Advice to Management

Keep Aruba as an independent and strong leader in its space.

10. "Great place to work and develop myself"

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Aruba Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much hierarchy
    Everyone is accessible, even the C level execs
    Lot of opportunities to learn and develop ourself

Cons

Not a lot of cons, pay could be a little better

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job by focusing on your employees and giving them bigger opportunities!