Asahi Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Vinod Subbaiah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Poor company growth"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chennai (India)

I worked at Asahi Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Asahi gave opportunity to fresher to start their carrier in software field.
    Environment is good.
    Good employees.
    Saturday off.
    Good carrier growth.

Cons

Low pay.
    Officie space is small.
    1 year bond for freshers.
    You cannot hear the word bonus, incentives.
    Working more than 8 hours.
    Lots of tool used here to monitor an employee.
    Employees review has been done by every month. But hike is yearly once.
    No motivation for employees.
    Since 10years rolled, even asahi in startup.

Advice to Management

Try to balance employee and client scale.
    Understand employee needs.

2. "Happy Time"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working here more than one year, and i am very glad to work as a part of this company. Co-workers are friendly in nature, everything is going good and there is no issues to say.

Cons

I think we need a mind relaxation , So you could conduct any quiz, related to our technologies.

3. "My First Company"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am so glad I have joined the team! First of all I want to make point here that Asahi is my first company so I don't have bad things to share. I really like to work here. I have learned lot of technologies, especially Asahi technologies is a good company for freshers.

Cons

Rule for strict coffee breaks, but i am glad, that isn't been followed strictly now.

4. "Learning Continuously"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Trainee in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Trainee in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been 10 months in Asahi. However, In the last 10 months I have learnt new technologies, it will definitely help me in my career growth. Apart from that, Asahi has a Good Environment, friendly employees, I have learnt new coding standards from my team. Who have molded me for the better.

Cons

Salary, which is quite low for freshers. It can be revised

Advice to Management

Waiting for the New Change in the System

"5 Years Journey"

Current Employee - Senior Deveolper in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Deveolper in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for past 5 years. I have learned many technologies based on projects, Also i have grown myself in many ways, i had joined this company as a fresher, I would like to thank Asahi for the trust it had on me on every situation. Today i am a Senior Developer. I am happy being part of Asahi.

Cons

i) Needs to increase the resource level. Because here minimal employee working with multiple projects, and also they get pressure when the multiple projects comes.

ii) Work pressure is more within less time.

iii) Provided the employee benefits are based on salary scale, but i think providing employee benefits should motivate them, like providing them incentives based on their work, providing awards, arranging team lunch often, arranging monthly trip etc.

6. "Excellent on-site opportunity for senior staff"

Current Employee - Technical Test Lead in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Test Lead in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a. The company will listen to your ideas and would help you with it
    b. Excellent on-site opportunities for senior staff
    c. The CEO has good experience in software industry as well as management, hence understands the complexity of the project and looks into a project execution in detail, which is very good and helps us in case we miss anything. This is possibly one of the strong reason, I believe, the company is doing very well.
    d. This is a good place to learn several technologies, as the projects are not limited to one technology
    d. Best place for freshers to join and get experience
    e. People who perform well are rewarded well
    f. More opportunities for consistent performers

Cons

a. There is not enough training set up for freshers or senior members. This seems to be on a need basis instead of being more of aggressive, target oriented approach
    b. The team needs to be bigger. Not enough bench strength, relying on existing team members for multiple projects is overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

a. Good training program must be established and oriented towards company goals
    b. Company culture must change, more enjoyable activities should be introduced.

"Worst company"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing that I can think of. Only cons

Cons

In the recent past, management has got into the practice of hiring good employees from other companies by luring them with a good salary hike and saying rosy things at the time of the interview. But once you join, you will know the real picture. They will show their true colours. The management is very primitive in their thoughts. The company also deals with very primitive and legacy products which does not require any special skill. Even a 10th standard student can join and work here as a programmer as the projects they work are very small. They do not have any big clients. The top person does not have any ideas of his own, rather he learns everything from his employees and implements them thinking that they are great ideas :). This company is only fit for low performing employees from good organizations. Office is very small, the size of a grocery shop with just about 10 employees. Everything is legacy here. No new technologies or gadgets. Very primitive. Not a good place for people who are well qualified. This is the only company where you can see the office boy controlling all the operations. No HR policies at all. Please do not even think of joining this company and spoil your future. This place is good only for freshers and highly incompetent people, who desperately need a job. Salary is paid very late, usually around 7th of every month and we have to wait with bated breath until it is credited into your account ( we seriously do not know if we will receive the salary without any cuts) . The management will implement new ideas constantly to ensure that you do not receive your full salary after you complete 3 months. So, effectively, you can survive here without any problems for 3 months after which your job is in jeopardy and they will decide to terminate you at any pint of time without intimation. They have been doing this for a very long time and even senior employees have borne the brunt.

Advice to Management

Do not employ people who are settled well in other companies and ruin their career. Instead, employ sub-standard people and make them superstars if you have the capability.

Asahi Technologies Response

May 1, 2017 – Senior Operations Manager

As an organization, we are happy to take constructive criticism from current and past employees. But, what you’ve written seems fairly incoherent. In other words, it doesn’t add up. If there are so... More

"There is no content writer in Asahi"

Former Employee - Designer in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Designer in Chennai (India)

I worked at Asahi Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

You'll get a very good hike if you are experienced and you come from reputed companies but then you'll regret every singled day of your life for deciding to join.

Cons

There are only 5 - 8 people working in the company
    Projects are amateur at best.
    They typically hire people for very good salary packaged and if they don't like you they'll fire without notice.
    The company's work environment is pathetic

Advice to Management

Be professional and honest and don't ruin people career

Asahi Technologies Response

Feb 27, 2017 – HR Manager

It was very unfortunate to have a designer who lacked the basic etiquette of a being a team player and displayed his unruly attitude. We are sure any employer would not like to have an employee with... More

9. "Work Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Pros

Good place for starter and freshers

Cons

Need some improvements in infrastructure

Advice to Management

Nil

10. "It is very demanding and has great opportunities"

I have been working at Asahi Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Location, Incentives, Salary, Lunch and Dinner

Cons

Typewriter, Coffee, Warehouse, Toilet and Screening

Advice to Management

Be nicer & more patient