Asante Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cardiovascular technologist"

Current Employee - Cath Lab Tech in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Cath Lab Tech in Medford, OR

I have been working at Asante full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff, busy lab.

Cons

Management is difficult to work with.

2. "Excellent employer"

I have been working at Asante full-time

Pros

Quickly growing, competitive compensation, remarkable benefits package

Cons

Slow to change / optimize processes

3. "True caring company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Grants Pass, OR
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Grants Pass, OR

I have been working at Asante part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supports continuing education and family life balance.

Cons

Slow to try new evidence based practices.

4. "Had a lot of potential but was let bitterly disappointed"

Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Medford, OR

I worked at Asante full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had some really awesome coworkers, the differentials for on-call, evening, and night shift were great in my opinion, the education reimbursement was actually a really good offer as well.

Cons

I was very disappointed to find management in my department very lacking. I witnessed my fellow coworkers berated in front of others. There was a large amount of favoritism for certain employees who were friends with the manager before they became management. I felt that my skills could have been used in other departments but were not, even after constant reminder that I could be trained in other departments to help with short staffing. Also one of the major reasons I chose Asante was because of their willingness to help with education; however after being told they would support me and a multitude of other employees that wanted to do online schooling to advance into further positions in the department, they decided they were no longer going to support that school and that we would have to attend other programs at more expensive colleges.
    I worked full time hours constantly, but was an on-call employee and was fine with it initially but when I wanted to switch to a benefited position it took months for it to happen.
    I also took a pay cut moving to this company. I'm not talking a few cents either, I took a two dollar an hour pay cut and I used to live in a lower cost of living area within 3 to 4 hours of this health system.
    Overall, I expect a lot more from a company that prides themselves on their structure values of Respect, Excellence, Honesty, Teamwork, and Service. I really wanted this company to be the company I stay with for years, possibly all the way to retirement. I can now say that is not the case and have accepted employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you can't keep, and stop treating good employees like garbage while the bad employees are never actually reprimanded for their mistakes or poor behavior. If your employees have other skills or talents that can be beneficial to the department as a whole then those skills should be used, not hindered. Also, just because you're friends with a coworker doesn't make it okay for you to do them favors while the rest of us continue to bend over backwards to make ends meet.

"Asante"

I worked at Asante full-time

Pros

Good benefits and retirement plan.

Cons

The management was not good.

Advice to Management

Treat people nice and they will stay.

6. "Nursing"

Pros

Most advanced services in the area.

Cons

Pay less than comparable job further south

"HR Director"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Medford, OR

I have been working at Asante full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Provides growth and development for employees, has excellent pay and benefits, forward thinking, excellent medical outcomes and very well known and respected in the communities it serves. Asante believes in providing an excellent patient experience and has invested in its employees to ensure they have the skills, knowledge and abilities to provide excellent service.

Cons

Sometimes the distance between each location makes it challenging to function as a system.

Advice to Management

Please continue to invest in human and technical capital. It will only continue to make Asante a great place to work and a valued service in the community.

8. "A great place to work, one of top 15 systems in the country!"

Current Employee - Asante Leader in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Asante Leader in Medford, OR

I have been working at Asante (More than 10 years)

Pros

Organization that has values
    Organization that lives its values
    Organization that provides outstanding patient care and quality outcomes and services
    Organization with outstanding people at all levels

Cons

Staffing can be a challenge,especially when there is a high census day, week, month
    Many employees have only worked at Asante, they don't know anything but Asante and the way Asante does things; they don't know how to challenge or help Asante be better, they only know how to complain about the way things are

Advice to Management

Need to do more to develop leaders and then expect them to perform at exceptional levels.

9. "Good Intentions Fall Short"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

Pros

Employees are their greatest asset. Those who work here strive for excellence and create a work family that support and care for each other, as well as the patients. They really provide the best health care for the area they serve. There simply isn't valid competition geographically. The nurses have a union, so some employee rights are protected.

Cons

This corporation seems focused on the minutia, while losing site of the big picture. Employees often feel that they are being "nickled & dimed" by managerial actions. The management team is poorly organized and seemingly dysfunctional. There is a lot of turnover and policies are changed at random, as leadership comes and goes. The focus on profit detracts from the quality of service and the enjoyment of the working environment. Some leaders exhibit an accuse and blame management style that compels most under their leadership to keep their mouths shut. That makes transparency and improvement projects nearly impossible.

Advice to Management

"A bad manager can take a good staff and destroy it, causing the best employees to flee, and the remainder to lose all motivation" You're only as good as the quality of your leadership

"CNA ll"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

I have been working at Asante part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A facility dedicated to patient centered care. A wonderful place to be a member of a great team!

Cons

Sometimes on certain units it has been Short staffed. This facility has delt with with some gaps in management at times which makes for poorly managed units with unpredictable scheduling and poor nurse to patient ratios.