Asbury Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Asbury Automotive President and CEO Craig T. Monaghan
Craig T. Monaghan

Pros
  • Good people, Good hours, good dealership (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, forward-thinking company, everybody is treated with respect, very organized and well professional environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you are expected to work long hours for less than industry standard pay (in 15 reviews)

• terrible work life balance, no employee appreciation (in 5 reviews)

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and energetic Exciting place to work

Cons

Time demanding to the personal schedule

Advice to Management

Good job!

2. "Great Upward Mobility"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fortune 500 company w/o feeling like you are just a number, great work/life balance, engaged and approachable executive management team, annual performance appraisals and merit raises. The company participates in charity events for the Boy Scouts and breast cancer, has corporate outings, lunches and has bought my turkey every Thanksgiving since I've worked here! They contribute to my HSA, and also have 401(k) match.

Cons

Benefits (health insurance) can get pricey, especially with dependents, but there are a lot of options and I think this is a problem everywhere right now.

3. "Low Pay for Service Advisors"

Former Employee - Service Adio in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Service Adio in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great customers and co workers.

Cons

Low pay plan for Advisors. The more you do, the more they change the pay plan to take more from you.

Advice to Management

come up with a better pay plan that doesn't rob us blind.

"Read me"

Former Employee - Parts in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Parts in Richmond, VA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Everyday something new and challenging.
    -Bonuses made it worth being there

Cons

-Lack of training
    -Management who have no clue
    -You must travel to NC on your dime for orientation, they have not figured out that skype and other forms of technology exist can do this 10 minute task.
    -They refuse to hire people, so you're stuck doing 10 different jobs and your job.

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like working long hours for an ungrateful company they are for you

Cons

Long hours minimal pay constant change in policies, management and all levels of the employees

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees end pay them fairly. Care about them and treat them as valued assets not expendable commodities.
    Send Dan Claira back to Florida.

Make it a place where people want a career not just a J O B

With how badly your stores are performing in the Atlanta area maybe you need to change your practices and upper management. Stop worrying only about your share holders

Get your house in order before building more multi million dollar failures.

Get out of the the car business

"If you're a snake, you might move up."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some great people that came through and made great connections with clients. That's about it. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Leaving was not a decision that was hard to make. In fact, the longer that I stayed at Crown Nissan of Greenville, the easier it became. Since day one at the store, it has been an uphill battle, starting with my guaranteed pay being taken away from me three days into the job, being through 4 GM's, numerous desk managers, watching experienced sales people leave, watching our finance department turn into a revolving door, and being led to believe that I would move up.

I believed that I worked hard, not to just make myself successful, but the store as a whole. It became apparent that my value to this dealership amounted to nothing. I was sent to finance training, and passed (not just by a little bit), with the hopes of moving up. I got nothing in return. I essentially was told that I'm either not smart enough or good enough to do the job. I was offered to go to another store if anything opened up finance (whenever that were to happen). I’m not in this business for consolation prizes. I’m in this business to succeed.

However, you all are obviously smarter and have much more experience than I do, but it's hard to really put faith in you (Asbury) after what I have experienced in the past year and a half. I stuck around and worked hard in hopes of good things happening, both personally and for the store. The reality of it is, I’m tired of being treated like I don’t have anything to bring to the table and being fed lies about why I can’t be an asset to the company in a larger role. I watched it happen to others and I didn’t think it would happen to me, but it did.

7. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No cons I can think of

8. "Strong on numeric growth"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They provide a lot of support for employees at the dealership level. Decent benefits package.

Cons

As a big corporate entity, there is a department for everything. That sometimes means a lot of micromanagement.

"Company is a joke! Dishonest, unrealistic management! Corporate needs to know what is going on here!"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro at BMW of Charlottesville is the Pro-Blems! I can only think of one "PRO" and it is the fact that Asbury Auto is a large, well respected company and have left this location to waste away in Charlottesville.

Cons

There is not enough room here to type in all the issues! I have a ton of experience and have never seen an operation like this!

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to know what is happening in their store and no wonder this place is ALWAYS hiring. Managers are under qualified, no inventory, commissions are a joke, want you to call 25 customers a day to try and sell a vehicle they do not have. At this rate this place will not be in operation for much longer.

"Steer Clear!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

Still some great people there

Cons

This used to be a great company, but management has changed and it's very cut throat now and full of office politics. If you suck up enough, you'll be fine, but that's what's rewarded, not hard work and loyalty. The good people are all leaving....I'd stay away at all costs....nothing is worth the amount of stress you'll have here. It's like working in a office full of middle schoolers.

Advice to Management

Go back to what was working. Reward loyalty and hard work, and promote people that have those qualities, not the people that suck up.