Asbury Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
David Hult

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CEO, COO are unbelievably Great people (in 9 reviews)

• Great people; good benefits and family matters (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growth and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring Leadership
    Positive Mindset from Leadership
    Career Path
    Been given the tools to be successful
    Adaptation to Industry Standards - very rare, most companies stay in the stone age

Cons

No real issues here that I can think of

Advice to Management

Being at an age where my career is just starting to blossom, Asbury has given me tools to achieve success in my journey. It starts from the top from the CEO, CMO , and the Fantastic leadership at the store level from Market Directors and GMs.

Thank you all for playing a role in my success and giving me the opportunity.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate
    your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying the training and development from the leadership team. If you have any further... More

2. "Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Asbury has been an amazing company to work for, from my team to my management, down to my work. Everyone is always eager to learn, to help enhance the company overall, and listens to any issues or concerns you may have. This company is very open and susceptible to change within the industry which keeps us as one of the largest automotive retailers around!

Cons

More events and team building moments would be a plus! Other than that, no cons!

Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience within our team culture. If you have any further feedback to share... More

3. "Salesman"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Brandon, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Brandon, MS

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location and I’m very familiar with the company.

Cons

A lot of changes in which would make one very uncomfortable about job security.

Advice to Management

Stay humble and willing to learn.

Apr 3, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. We want to ensure employees feel comfortable in their work environment and encourage you to discuss any concerns with your immediate supervisor, open communication... More

4. "BDC Specialist"

Current Employee - BDC Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - BDC Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

Seems like a great company to work for

Cons

Having to wait 90 days for benefits

Apr 3, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback and welcome to Asbury. If you have any questions regarding benefits please reach out to your local HR contact, they would be more than happy to assist.

5. "Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Cumming, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive (More than a year)

Pros

Huge company, tons of revenue to throw around. Great earning potential. Income is completely self driven. No one but myself can increase or decrease my monthly income. I don’t have to depend on anyone else to get paid.

Cons

Unqualified management, corporate level managers are useless, and think they are the best thing in the world. Managers will yell at employees in the showroom with other employees and customers present.

Advice to Management

Treat your subordinates as humans. You were one of us at one point.

Mar 23, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are always looking to improve communication between our team members and will use your comments to work towards that goal. If you have any further feedback to... More

6. "Parts Adviser"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the true professionals, the people who actually take their job seriously are the ones who make it worth while to work there. Some of the managers, the techs, the parts and service guys who really know what’s going on, it’s wonderful to work with them. It makes it worth while. They’re confident in their job, they do it right the first time and everyone flows into one continuous circle of positive energy and experiences for everyone involved. That feeling I only get occasionally, on rare days, is one of the reasons I enjoy working here. Accounting does a half decent job and I’m glad the people who actually run that portion of this ship have a brain.

Cons

Some of the elder statesmen in this company keep thinking its the 1970’s and we’re hustling used Chevys with rebuilt titles. These people need to go. If they can’t make positive contributions to the system then they need to leave. If the company wants to stay relevant then they need to stop with the cheap ploys and the sketchiest tactics.

We do zero advertising and it seems really stupid of a decision.

We let people who are vapid make decisions that can affect and sink stores while being completely unchecked and praised for their stupidity.

Professionalism is poor with most employees.

“Numbers” focused only. On what numbers I’m not sure because overall demand keeps decreasing yet “we made an extra $20 on that previous sale!”

Priorities are not aligned with what they claim is their long term goals.

Quality of training only depends on the quality of the manager/assiant manager of the department. No training sessions. No textbooks. No video sessions. Nothing.

The company is cheap. No one will spend the money to improve and reinvest in either better technology, better systems to streamline and improve efficiency and make improvements to fixed ops and infrastructure of the actual stores.

If you don’t work at a major store, no one will pay attention to you.

On communications, l’ll give you an example.. When the company approves a discount, a coupon, or some sort of mailer.. you won’t know what to do because there is no clear, constant, consistent communication between upper level management in Atlanta and the people on the ground.. even for something so simple. It can feel very “Us” vs. “Them”. No one, even major corporations know what’s going on or what they’re doing. To fix that, Send me a god damn email if it’s applied to my brand and store. Tell me how I should adjust my invoices in CDK to match the coupon and do it using under 1 page for instructions.

Just tell me what’s going on above me. It can feel like a very disjointed company.

Computers for employees are usually fairly old and on their last legs. IT support is so-so.

Very few women are in upper management positions.

Zero opportunity created by the company to help employees gain more knowledge and further their education. Very little flexibility in that.

Advice to Management

Work on creating more concise and clear communication with the stores. If something changes, send me an email that is considered and too the point. Anything longer than a page no one will read. Develop better strategy and courses of action to streamline and improve the systems we must interact with. Invest in people, create opportunities for employees to further their education, invest and upgrade both the hard and soft products of your sales and fixed ops environments. Create step by step guides for people new to the software and industry. Set store standards of how business should be conducted based on brand and brand image.

Mar 30, 2018

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We would love to hear more about ways to make the company a better place to work. Please reach out to HR at (678) 322-1654, your feedback is valuable... More

7. "Service technician"

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

Co workers are cool . They’re very helpful when needed

Cons

My pay keeps getting messed up , I haven’t gotten a correct pay check since I’ve been working here hard to take or my family off of 100 dollars a week

Advice to Management

Get new management

Mar 30, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback. Please contact your local HR contact as soon as possible so they may remedy this situation for you.

8. "Fantastic"

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Asbury has been the best career move I could have made. Not only is there plenty of room and encouragement for advancement, but the job is ever-changing and challenging.

Cons

The automotive industry is very competitive and sometimes the ever-changing nature of it can feel like not allowing long-term strategy to take hold.

Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for joining Asbury and taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying the company culture. If you have any further feedback to share... More

"If you have friends at Asbury, work at Asbury."

Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Duluth, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of great people in the company.

Cons

Traditional male-dominated work place. Little opportunity for advancement. Very difficult, if not impossible, to make change to improve process and/or efficiency. Ridiculously low pay compared to market average.

Advice to Management

Respect your people. Don't just make it about the dollar but the relationships with both your employees and your customers. Let corporate employees visit dealerships and dealership employees visit corporate--it would help ease the tension between the two workforces.

Mar 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We urge employees to have open discussions with their managers to ensure their needs and expectations are being met and we will use your comments... More

10. "Amazing Company with Great Leadership"

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

Leaders of this company allow their team members to do their jobs and make decisions to better the company as a whole.

Cons

Organizational structure could be better overall.

Mar 17, 2018