Asbury Automotive Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Asbury Automotive President and CEO Craig T. Monaghan
Craig T. Monaghan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people, Good hours, good dealership (in 7 reviews)

• CEO, COO are unbelievably Great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Otherwise you are expected to work long hours for less than industry standard pay (in 16 reviews)

• terrible work life balance, no employee appreciation (in 6 reviews)

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like working long hours for an ungrateful company they are for you

Cons

Long hours minimal pay constant change in policies, management and all levels of the employees

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees end pay them fairly. Care about them and treat them as valued assets not expendable commodities.
    Send Dan Claira back to Florida.

Make it a place where people want a career not just a J O B

With how badly your stores are performing in the Atlanta area maybe you need to change your practices and upper management. Stop worrying only about your share holders

Get your house in order before building more multi million dollar failures.

Get out of the the car business

"If you're a snake, you might move up."

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some great people that came through and made great connections with clients. That's about it. Can't think of anything else.

Cons

Leaving was not a decision that was hard to make. In fact, the longer that I stayed at Crown Nissan of Greenville, the easier it became. Since day one at the store, it has been an uphill battle, starting with my guaranteed pay being taken away from me three days into the job, being through 4 GM's, numerous desk managers, watching experienced sales people leave, watching our finance department turn into a revolving door, and being led to believe that I would move up.

I believed that I worked hard, not to just make myself successful, but the store as a whole. It became apparent that my value to this dealership amounted to nothing. I was sent to finance training, and passed (not just by a little bit), with the hopes of moving up. I got nothing in return. I essentially was told that I'm either not smart enough or good enough to do the job. I was offered to go to another store if anything opened up finance (whenever that were to happen). I’m not in this business for consolation prizes. I’m in this business to succeed.

However, you all are obviously smarter and have much more experience than I do, but it's hard to really put faith in you (Asbury) after what I have experienced in the past year and a half. I stuck around and worked hard in hopes of good things happening, both personally and for the store. The reality of it is, I’m tired of being treated like I don’t have anything to bring to the table and being fed lies about why I can’t be an asset to the company in a larger role. I watched it happen to others and I didn’t think it would happen to me, but it did.

"Company is a joke! Dishonest, unrealistic management! Corporate needs to know what is going on here!"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro at BMW of Charlottesville is the Pro-Blems! I can only think of one "PRO" and it is the fact that Asbury Auto is a large, well respected company and have left this location to waste away in Charlottesville.

Cons

There is not enough room here to type in all the issues! I have a ton of experience and have never seen an operation like this!

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to know what is happening in their store and no wonder this place is ALWAYS hiring. Managers are under qualified, no inventory, commissions are a joke, want you to call 25 customers a day to try and sell a vehicle they do not have. At this rate this place will not be in operation for much longer.

4. "Stay Away"

Pros

Was a good company to work for be for new corporate changes.

Cons

They don't care about people. Corp. tells you how to do everything and when it doesn't work they blame you. They lie to every employee. Terrible company.

"Steer Clear!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

Still some great people there

Cons

This used to be a great company, but management has changed and it's very cut throat now and full of office politics. If you suck up enough, you'll be fine, but that's what's rewarded, not hard work and loyalty. The good people are all leaving....I'd stay away at all costs....nothing is worth the amount of stress you'll have here. It's like working in a office full of middle schoolers.

Advice to Management

Go back to what was working. Reward loyalty and hard work, and promote people that have those qualities, not the people that suck up.

"Go to another dealership besides asburry"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid time off after 60 days and the option of health benefits, other than that I can't really think of too much.

Cons

Management will tell you anything to get you to work at their store. Bonuses are a complete joke. There is a lot of turn over in the store including management .I've been in the car business for a while and by far this is the worst. There is a lot of under qualified people in leadership positions. There are plenty of dealerships out there that are better. Save yourself some time if you wanna sell cars .

Advice to Management

Quit transferring the bad managers from one store to another.

7. "Sales Associate"

Pros

You can make great money in sales.

Cons

The work environment is hostile across the board.

Advice to Management

If you treat your employees with a little respect you might get them to stay.

Sep 14, 2016 – Human Resource Team

We’re sorry to learn that your experience working for us was not the best and we do take feedback seriously, such as concerns brought up in your cons. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many pros here. A job is a job, maybe.

Cons

Corporate structure makes sure your pay is limited in all aspects.

Sep 14, 2016 – Human Resource Team

We appreciate your feedback, and we're sorry to learn that your time working with us wasn't the best. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

9. "Do not work at Richmond BMW West Broad!!"

Former Employee - Client Advisor in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Client Advisor in Richmond, VA

Pros

The clientele. You meet some interesting people. Also, the trainings you are sent on are in different cities, they reimburse all your expenses.

Cons

The management at the dealership I was at was HORRIBLE. They have favorites. The pay plan is jacked and is always changing for the worse. Sales is constantly hiring because people are always quitting because of poor pay and treatment from management.

Advice to Management

None of them should be managers. Asbury needs to change leadership there.

Jul 26, 2016 – Human Resource Team

Sales is a performance based business model and we realize that is not for everyone. We’re sorry to learn that your experience working for us was not the best. We appreciate all feedback, especially... More

10. "Just don't"

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time

Pros

They have many locations to choose from.

Cons

Management
    Racism
    They are not fair to a lot of their employees

Advice to Management

Stop being Racist...

Jul 26, 2016 – Human Resource Team

We’re sorry to learn that your experience working for us was not the best and we do take feedback seriously, such as concerns brought up in your cons. We will look into this. Best of luck in your... More