Ascend Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Caren Gabriel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Great Place To Work In A Boring Industry"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Smyrna, TN
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Smyrna, TN

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Pay

Based on what I hear from other people doing the same job for other companies this was good pay.

Very Thorough Onboarding

2 weeks of training at the main office.

Opportunity For Advancement

There were tons of paths up the chain.

Cons

Boring

I was a teller for only three months and obviously, that is a very transactional job that did not take a ton of thought. Looking around the whole banking industry is boring.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Remote Lending Representative"

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company. Friendly co-workers

Cons

Dress code is strict for a back office

Ascend Federal Credit Union Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Senior Copywriter

Thank you for your positive review. Regarding your comments about our dress code: Ascend is part of the financial industry where dress codes tend to be stricter. We relaxed the dress code last year... More

3. "Part time teller"

Pros

Good pay, good values, good rates

Cons

Smyrna Branch management, understaffed, little to no flexibility for part time students

Advice to Management

Part time students are part time for a reason. Mosts classes run between 9a-6p so open availability is unrealistic. Work with part time students or just hire full timers. Let employees evaluate their management as well.

4. "Teller I"

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

great membership and employer! I always enjoy interacting with the members!

Cons

Depending on your location, the management is not always consistent.

5. "Worst Company In History"

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

The only Pro is the stability that this evil establishment will never go out of business.

Cons

This company is ran by backwoods hillbillies. It's ran by 99% women. Nepotism is rampant. Manger's of their respective departments have no understanding or history in the subject matter, they were just college roommates or elementary school friends with the hiring manager.
    This company makes no technical decisions by themselves because their management team knows nothing of I.T. They hire out independent contractors and pay them whatever they ask regardless of whether or not it makes sense. They spend their member's money like it's monopoly money.
    The pay here is laughable. The company holds no respect for human beings as people or individuals. They live in a cocoon of a small town where they've never seen how the real world operates outside of themselves.

Advice to Management

This place is beyond being able to do anything with advice.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing which is unusual in today's job market. Salary is average and they use the excellent benefits to supplement to be in line with local competitors.

Cons

Departments and office run on minimal staff resulting in unfavorable work life balance. Managers do not seem to be very understanding or accommodating when an unexpected life event occurs and you must be absent although you receive excellent benefits including vacation days. A lot of the management professionals have long tenure resulting in a dated culture.

Advice to Management

Contribute to work toward being more open to the evolving work place culture.

Ascend Federal Credit Union Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We do strive to promote a company culture that values a positive work/life balance. But, we’re always looking for ways to improve. We’ll take your comments under advisement.

"A Breath of Fresh Air..."

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management very forward looking and willing to try new ideas. They are even investing in new technology to replace outdated ones. Good commitment to employees, many internal promotions and many employees have 15-20+ years with organization.

After years of working for places laying off employees every month and limiting replacement in the offices, it is nice to find like this is a place with a good long term plan and short term health.

Cons

No really large red flags. If you don't handle change well, this is not the place for you (if you do like change you will thrive) the pace is very fast paced, especially at the back office.

"Ascend is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tullahoma, TN

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Ascend almost two years now. I have found the company to be one of the most refreshing and employee-friendly companies for which I have ever worked. Management shows they care about the employees here and that's hard to find these days. The tenure of employees here is extremely long - many have been here over 20 years. I think that is a strong statement as to what kind of place this is. I find the departments and employees work well together and collaborate to try and always make the right decision...not just the easiest or least expensive decision. Our systems and technology are good and we are given the resources we need to get our respective jobs done. I am proud to be an employee of Ascend and would recommend this as a great place to work for anyone looking for a job.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up with what you are doing!

9. "Good Company to work for"

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great Company and great benefits package

Cons

Pay could be more competitive,

10. "Excellent home away from home"

Pros

Ascend is a wonderful place to work. If you think about it, the majority of a person's day is spent at work. Sometimes, we don't get along with our co-workers. Ascend is an exception. My co-workers are like family.
    At Ascend we really do want to help our members become better financially. We do sit down and discuss our member's plans and situations, and come up with solutions that will help them in their financial path. Overall, working at Ascend has been a very positive decision. If I had to do it all over again, I would make the same choice to work here.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. - Great place to work.