Ascend Federal Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Ascend Federal Credit Union Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2019

3.6
Ascend Federal Credit Union CEO Caren Gabriel (no image)
Caren Gabriel

"Exceptional Values, People, & Products"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Tullahoma, TN

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for many companies in the U.S., ranging in size from small to Fortune 100, and some of the most admired brands in the world. Ascend holds the values and many of the product and service capabilities of the best and largest financial institutions. They operate with integrity and have a laser focus on member service and employee development.

Cons

Being headquartered in a rural area makes it difficult to attract the talent that the organization needs due to commute times. Also, sometimes the 'easy' lifestyle in a smaller town keeps the organization from pushing hard to beat competitors.

Advice to Management

Your vision and strategies for Ascend's members and employees alike are excellent. Remain diligent in pursuit of these goals and the organization will continue to thrive well into the future.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2019-06-12
  2. "Great company while working there"

Former Employee - Branch Manager II in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great core values. Really has the memberships best interest at heart. Love the people that I worked with in various departments. Growth potential

Cons

When you had in a resignation with a 2 weeks notice they will end employment then and there. They also will not pay you for the 2 weeks notice even thought they are the ones that choose not to let you work it out. Only company I have ever worked for that does this. So as an ex-employee that was trying to do things the right way and live by the core values that were instilled in us this left a pretty horrible taste... in my mouth. If you are an employee that will be leaving the company I would think twice about a notice

Advice to Management

I understand not wanting people to work out their notice from a business stand point. However , you preach about the core values to the entire credit union then turn around and do something like this. Not quite living up to those values .

Ascend Federal Credit Union2019-09-06
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "No Consistancy"

Former Employee - Relationship Banker

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

None available at this time

Cons

Long hours, never leave on time. They expect you to be there 7 mins early(unpaid) and stay 7 mins over(unpaid). If your a minute late you get a correction. Poor pay. Favoritism, training is poor and quick. Policies change very quickly. Every "supervisor" wants things done a certain way, and there is no consitancy. Was told even if you have a stroke you better call them and let them know, hopefully you would still... be alive and able to communicate to them

Advice to Management

Learn to take care of your people, not just train them to move on to a better job. When you "correct" someone also let them know something you think they are doing well at, dont have it be all negative

Ascend Federal Credit Union2019-05-22
  5. "Great forward thinking organization!"

Current Employee - Manager in Tullahoma, TN

I have been working at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are wonderful. The benefits are great. Overall a great place to work where employees are valued. Exceptional training team that sets employees up for success in their roles.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2019-03-15
  6. "Bad management"

Former Employee - Member Service Representative

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you work with are generally great and the pay is decent.

Cons

The hours are absolutely horrible for anyone with a family. My 5 year old child goes to bed at 7:30 and you expect me to work until at least 6:15 four nights a week? Also, management seems to have no idea of what goes on in day to day operations. Their strategies are impractical and unrealistic. HR is a joke. They only value back office employees, front office get the losing end of everything.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees than your members!

Ascend Federal Credit Union2019-03-10

"Ascend FCU has made me feel at home."

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Tullahoma, TN

Pros

Salary, Benefits, work/home life balance. I absolutely love my career here at AscendFCU and I continue to grow and learn more and more each day. I feel like a family with my co-workers. Everyone is always willing to help you find your way. The growth and potential to climb up within the company is amazing. I can’t imagine going anywhere else.

Cons

I have not found any.

Advice to Management

Allow branch managers to start at smaller branches before placing them in larger branches.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2018-11-30
  8. "Easy"

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union

Pros

Easy hiring process just must be bondable.

Cons

Pay rates aren't as high as you'd imagine.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2018-11-30
  9. "Forgot their roots."

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work for the location.

Cons

They don't support the local community, only big organizations.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2018-11-14
  10. "Horrible place to work"

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Free medical insurance, PTO, easy

Cons

Low pay, and definitely not an anti bullying company. When reported was then verbally attacked by a member of hr and accused of trying to get that person fired. Talk so bad about the members. The drama is out of control, it’s like high school but worse. The tardy policy is ridiculous. Seconds being late doesn’t need to be corrected. It’s just ridiculous. You might as well call out verses being 10 seconds late... because you’ll get your butt handed to you. The branch I was at was just trash all around. The employees were just a different breed of people who I did not expect to be working there.

Advice to Management

Learn how to take verbal bullying seriously and when it’s reported don’t interrogate the person reporting it as if they are now the problem. Was bullied out of wanting to work here when I was so excited to start this journey and make it a career. It’s really disappointing because I’ve been a member since the late 90s and now I’m not sure if I’ll stay having my money here considering how this place is actually ran.... It doesn’t deserve to have anyone’s business. It’s appauling.

Ascend Federal Credit Union2018-12-01
  11. "Good place to work"

I worked at Ascend Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good corporate culture Work not difficult

Cons

Poor low level management Not enough training

Ascend Federal Credit Union2018-08-15