Ascend Learning Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 17 reviews

2.9
Ascend Learning CEO Greg Sebasky
Greg Sebasky

"Organization on the right track"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, independent culture, ideal for people who enjoy feeling ownership over their work, actually committed to the corporate values, opportunities for professional development and continuing education. Dedication to hiring the right people. Commitment to constant, if incremental, improvements.

Cons

Fast growth can lead to a fast-paced environment, things are changing a lot as we grow and develop which could make it not the right fit for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep the dedication to those core values! It definitely shows that leadership is committed to them now.

Ascend Learning2018-05-10

"Could be good... But it isnt"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vacation policy. If you're ever able to use it. Usually overworked, underbudgeted and understaffed if you're not part of the ATI team.

Cons

Leadership from GM up. Lack of respect for talent. Complete incompetence when it comes to decision making. Toxic environment to work in. Egos abound.

Advice to Management

Start over with leadership on the JBL side. Poor decision making and lack of funding is killing some great businesses.

Ascend Learning2019-03-14

"New Leadership is so bias"

Current Employee - Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented onsite resources. Hardworking people Unlimited PTO

Cons

Long hours of working almost round the clock Bias promotions based on the relationship Raise is nominal even though company performs better Lack of good and friendly leadership in Tech & Ops

Advice to Management

Treat people unbiasly and promote those who deserve Reduce offshore dependancy Be friendly with people and don't treat yourself as bosses Offer fair share of profit to FTEs

Ascend Learning2018-09-09
  4. "Marketing Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing. Great perks, easygoing atmosphere and genuinely good, good people who care about doing great work.

Cons

None that I have encountered in my three years. Truly a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

One of the things I respect most about Ascend are the opportunities for promotion from within the organization and business unit. I would encourage management to NEVER lose sight of this.

Ascend Learning2018-04-19
  5. "Excellent Company to Grow With!"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Ascend for less than a year, however they truly show you the path to success. I'm in sales so the fact that I knew my monthly, quarterly, and annual quota was a breath of fresh air. They do a fantastic job of on-boarding and illustrating the other Business Units that you can work for. They truly want you to spend your career with them, and I am really looking forward to the future with Ascend!!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Ascend Learning2017-07-11

"Stay Away... former Digital Marketing Manager - clicksafety"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

No vacation policy - Both a Pro and Con, actually. Employees are allowed to take days as they need them. Good for some positions, bad for others. Employees who work really hard and somehow, still stay despite the obvious troubles. Food - potlucks and a few catered lunches randomly for holidays.

Cons

Where to begin? - No budget - Broken technology - Impossible revenue goals - Management who will throw you under the bus Still reading? I'm shocked... well, here's why I am leaving this review. Decide for yourself if this is the type of company you really want to commit to. Always remember to look out for yourself, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you thought they liked you and have praised your...

Advice to Management

Invest money into all business units, especially the ones proving to be profitable, and help them actually hit their revenue goals. Hire managers who are qualified and know what they are doing, not just someone who likes to yell, push people around, and used to work with the General Manager. Give employees a reason to stay, something to believe in.

Ascend Learning2017-05-22
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very hard working and talented people

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge

Ascend Learning2017-02-27

"Smooth Process"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Felxible vacation time, advancement opportunities, investment from management in employee growth

Cons

Lots of turnover in upper management and changes in the last two years

Ascend Learning2017-01-19
  9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

The culture! My co-workers genuinely care about each other and work as a team. It's the most selfless environment I've worked in to date. Additionally, work-life balance isn't something that is just talked about - it's truly part of our culture. Lastly, it's very rewarding to work on products that can impact someone's life in such a positive way.

Cons

The absence of a few dedicated Technical resources can be a challenge to a growing business unit. This is a shared services model which is different then I have experienced in my past. It's not a bad model, it's just different. It's really about learning how to best work within that model so you can continue moving the business forward.

Advice to Management

There are so many great things happening across this company. I think making it easier to navigate and leverage certain development and creative resources across Ascend would be beneficial.

Ascend Learning2016-09-12
  10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, great vacation benefits, bonuses available at all levels, opportunities for professional development and career growth

Cons

Can be a little bureaucratic but it seems to be working for them!

Advice to Management

Keep driving people toward the newest and most innovated modes of thinking and executing.

Ascend Learning2016-09-08