Ascend Learning Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Greg Sebasky
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Marketing in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun culture, flexibility, promising future, and growth opportunities.

Cons

New initiatives/projects can get bogged down and delayed due to management indecisions/management changes.

Ascend Learning2019-06-04

"Organization on the right track"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible, independent culture, ideal for people who enjoy feeling ownership over their work, actually committed to the corporate values, opportunities for professional development and continuing education. Dedication to hiring the right people. Commitment to constant, if incremental, improvements.

Cons

Fast growth can lead to a fast-paced environment, things are changing a lot as we grow and develop which could make it not the right fit for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep the dedication to those core values! It definitely shows that leadership is committed to them now.

Ascend Learning2018-05-10
  3. "Marketing Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing. Great perks, easygoing atmosphere and genuinely good, good people who care about doing great work.

Cons

None that I have encountered in my three years. Truly a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

One of the things I respect most about Ascend are the opportunities for promotion from within the organization and business unit. I would encourage management to NEVER lose sight of this.

Ascend Learning2018-04-19

"Stay Away... former Digital Marketing Manager - clicksafety"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

No vacation policy - Both a Pro and Con, actually. Employees are allowed to take days as they need them. Good for some positions, bad for others. Employees who work really hard and somehow, still stay despite the obvious troubles. Food - potlucks and a few catered lunches randomly for holidays.

Cons

Where to begin? - No budget - Broken technology - Impossible revenue goals - Management who will throw you under the bus Still reading? I'm shocked... well, here's why I am leaving this review. Decide for yourself if this is the type of company you really want to commit to. Always remember to look out for yourself, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you thought they liked you and have praised your...

Advice to Management

Invest money into all business units, especially the ones proving to be profitable, and help them actually hit their revenue goals. Hire managers who are qualified and know what they are doing, not just someone who likes to yell, push people around, and used to work with the General Manager. Give employees a reason to stay, something to believe in.

Ascend Learning2017-05-22

"Digital Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

The team here is the best. Everybody cares about you personally and genuinely. While it's a big company and spread out geographically, you'll get what you need quickly, and everybody collaborates well across the board, yet it has a start-up feel still working in a small team - which I absolutely LOVE! Management is very open to changes & innovation, which is awesome. Great benefits and work/life balance also!

Cons

The company's been around for a while, thus has great reputation, but some of the technology is old and being worked on for improvement at the moment, and that could be frustrating at times.

Ascend Learning2016-08-05

"Don't expect to fit in"

Former Employee - Marketing in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sales folks are really great. Casual environment, flexible work hours.

Cons

The non-sale corporate employees are extremely judgmental and rude. If you don't "fit in" they find a way to get you out. The upper management allows this to happen and does nothing to protect their employees. Very gossipy and don't believe anyone but the employees who've worked there for a while. No plan, no projects and there aren't any set rules on who reports to who. Young crowd, tend to manage vendors then actually...

Advice to Management

Give people a chance to prove themselves instead of believing rumors. Clean house and get rid of the gossiping campers who claim work that an agency does. Bring folks in-house instead of wasting so much money on consultants.

Ascend Learning2015-08-11

"Ascend is a Great Place to Work... as Long as You're Under the Right Management/Department"

Current Employee - Marketing in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

I work in the marketing department and work under, and around great people. The hours, professional development, team, management are all great! The vacation policy and work environment is outstanding.

Cons

I agree with others that the change in leadership and lack of transparency is a buzz kill.

Advice to Management

It's a big corporation but HR involvement and benefits lack, such as: fitness discounts, health benefits, Corporate Challenge, better food/drink options (the cafe is terrible), better lateral flexibility. Compensation and work-life balance could be slightly improved.

Ascend Learning2014-09-05
  8. "Good work/life balance, but low pay and limited career growth"

Current Employee - Marketing in

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance. Flexible hours and telecommuting options available in some departments. Nice new office, centrally located in Burlington, MA - Close to shopping and many food options. Building also has a gym and cafeteria.

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities. Salaries are well below industry and location average. Technology and product development is painfully slow and seems to be getting slower.

Ascend Learning2012-09-20