Ascend Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 237 reviews

3.3
Ascend Learning CEO Greg Sebasky
Greg Sebasky
  1. "Welcoming people, great company and cool technologies! Isn't it a deadly combination?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO! Real work life balance! Great talented professionals full with high energy and team spirit.

Cons

Lags in processes, documentation and intra-BU communication; but improving upon them. Lags formal training for new hires. Less funding on training and technologies.

Advice to Management

Very fortunate to have the awesome immediate Manager. However, observed that some managers expect new hire to be productive from day one. So give new hires some time and train them with proper on boarding systems.

Ascend Learning2017-07-12
  2. "Excellent Company to Grow With!"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for Ascend for less than a year, however they truly show you the path to success. I'm in sales so the fact that I knew my monthly, quarterly, and annual quota was a breath of fresh air. They do a fantastic job of on-boarding and illustrating the other Business Units that you can work for. They truly want you to spend your career with them, and I am really looking forward to the future with... Ascend!!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Ascend Learning2017-07-11
  3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and great working environment - true to their values.

Cons

None come to mind :-)

Ascend Learning2017-04-18
  4. "Amazing Company and Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

I've been a part of this organization for four years, and this is hands down the best team I've ever worked on. People are smart, fast paced, and mission driven.

Cons

There's nothing I would change about working here. It's still got a startup vibe, so just make sure you're ok with that.

Ascend Learning2017-04-10

"No Place Like Home"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked with NASM (Ascend BU) in Chandler, AZ for over 6 years. Though I LOVED my NASM team, I wanted to move back home to the Midwest. I decided I wouldn't do that unless it was for a job within the Ascend family. I was thrilled when I was offered a position at the Leawood, KS office. Not only was I able to go back home but I was provided the opportunity to stay with Ascend and enjoy its amazing culture and... benefits. Plus I have my 4 season back!

Cons

We're super busy but to me that's not a con. If a company is growing, (which Ascend is), you have to roll up your sleeves and dive in.

Ascend Learning2017-02-02
  6. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the heart this company tries to show that they care about their employees. It is a friendly and respectful work environment with coworkers that are passionate about their field of work.

Cons

Can be a lot of changes off and on, but always in a way to strive to get better for the customers, company, and employees

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing employees for their passion and hard work! Keep encouraging the friendly and flexible work atmosphere as this really makes it a joy to be at work each day.

Ascend Learning2017-01-28

"Great Organization"

Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

People are passionate. People at Ascend Learning truly care about the company, their role and most importantly, each other.

Cons

Ascend Learning has many business units and sometimes communication is delayed due to having to be routed to multiple departments, etc., but everything always gets accomplished as needed.

Advice to Management

Look for people that hold and share the same Ascend Learning values. This will not only help the company succeed, but also the employee succeed.

Ascend Learning2017-01-19

"Couldn't have joined a more welcoming team"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Without badmouthing anyone, I walked into a situation that was very different from my last job. By this point in my tenure it has become clear that there will never be a shortage of opportunity here as long as I maintain a good attitude and continue to keep my skills up to date, and so far my ideas/contributions have actually been taken seriously. I could not be happier.

Cons

Some red tape that is typical of a large parent company, but it's definitely not as bad as it could be. I've been here less than a year, but I have not seen much else as far as cons go.

Advice to Management

From my perspective, keep it up!

Ascend Learning2017-01-19

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Compliance Specialist in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ascend is a great company to work for. The employees are passionate about their work; everyone is helpful, extremely professional and positive. Employees (from management on down) are quick to tell you thank you and applaud your achievements. Everyone is respectful of each other and value each other's opinions and expertise.

Cons

I really can't think of a con; it is an enjoyable and unique (in a good way) place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path you are on; you have made Ascend a great place to work.

Ascend Learning2017-01-19
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ascend Learning is a great company! The specific location where I work, in Burlington MA, is full of kind, friendly people and it is a truly team environment. The managers are wonderful and understanding, the work is fun and rewarding, and it's just generally a positive place to work.

Cons

The ways to climb the corporate ladder are vague, but the company is making a concerted effort to make clearer road maps for promotions.

Found 237 reviews