Ascend Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 237 reviews

3.3
Ascend Learning CEO Greg Sebasky
Greg Sebasky

"great company to work for"

I worked at Ascend Learning

Pros

really care about their employees and have great incentives

Cons

i didn't have any cons

Ascend Learning2016-10-07

"A solid company"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

The powers-that-be all understand that we are a tech company, not a company that does tech. Developers, QA, and PMs all are treated with respect

Cons

Sometimes the direction of the company is not as clearly laid out as I would like. There is a hiring freeze right now, and there is only speculation about why

Advice to Management

If there is a problem, tell us. If there is not a problem, why the hiring freeze

Ascend Learning2016-09-19

"Ascend Learning - NHA"

Sales in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

Great people with leadership driven by goals of financial success & nurturing a successful work culture while achieving financial goals. Work Life balance is lived not just talked about. Time off policy is liberal. The organization is service minded and provides employees the opportunity to serve in the community. This is also the only organization where when I have traveled for business or meetings I have been... encouraged to take some time to see the city where I was traveling to.

Cons

Any cons I could cite, for NHA, would really fall within the realm of normal for any organization. Overall, the leadership of our division of Ascend strives to make this a great place to work. From an Ascend perspective, the shared services model for technology makes it hard for smaller divisions to get the resources they need. It would also be great if there was more focus on the smaller divisions where there... is still great growth opportunity vs. the largest division that has an immense amount of market share and penetration. Overall the Ascend organization is positive and feels like one where ongoing improvement is sought after and culture is important.

Ascend Learning2016-09-19
  4. "NHA"

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

NHA is a subsidiary of Ascend and has an amazing culture where we are surrounded by others who inspire us to think positively and work collectively towards making NHA great. They invest in their employees and actively listen to your ideas.

Cons

Would like to see more people on the Industry Advocacy team, structure of new vs existing business needs to be revamped

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial to redefine the role of a sr. vs certification specialist so that it is motivating to work as a team and also financially consistent.

Ascend Learning2016-09-14

"Meaningful Employment and Meaningful Work"

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

Positive Environment, Encouragement from all levels, work/life balance

Cons

IT is a bit behind, helpful but slow to innovate and be up to speed

Advice to Management

My experience at Ascend Learning has been very positive. The values in this company are strong. We don’t all just know the values or see them posted, but they are lived out daily from the top down. I appreciate the work/life balance that is provided at Ascend. Each day we get to do truly meaningful work, which is so exciting. For the most part, we adapt to change well as a company. Even when things are not quite up... to par or as innovative as they need to be, the atmosphere is positive and encouraging in an effort to get to that point. That means a lot. I feel grateful to work for Ascend and truly do feel valued and appreciated here.

Ascend Learning2016-09-13
  6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

The culture! My co-workers genuinely care about each other and work as a team. It's the most selfless environment I've worked in to date. Additionally, work-life balance isn't something that is just talked about - it's truly part of our culture. Lastly, it's very rewarding to work on products that can impact someone's life in such a positive way.

Cons

The absence of a few dedicated Technical resources can be a challenge to a growing business unit. This is a shared services model which is different then I have experienced in my past. It's not a bad model, it's just different. It's really about learning how to best work within that model so you can continue moving the business forward.

Advice to Management

There are so many great things happening across this company. I think making it easier to navigate and leverage certain development and creative resources across Ascend would be beneficial.

Ascend Learning2016-09-12
  7. "Amazing Culture at NHA!"

Current Employee - Certificate Specialist in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

At NHA, Positive atmosphere, team environment, clear values, pride of company, respectful of employees, hard work but still fun

Cons

Even after all my time here at NHA, I still can't find a con to this company. I truly love my job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Keep supporting your team, continue to encourage and offer tools of success. Continue to listen and exude passion. Keep up the transparency and thank you for treating your employees with respect.

8. "NHA Review"

Senior Certification Specialist in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

NHA is by far the best company I have ever worked for. We are encouraged to grow professionally while being treated fairly. It is exciting to work for a progressive and healthy company. I have learned a great deal and I feel so grateful for my job every day. We are doing meaningful work as a team.

Cons

You must be able to flow and adapt to change

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!

Ascend Learning2016-09-09
  9. "Come see what Ascend Learning is all about..."

Current Employee - NHA Industry Advocacy Specialist

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

Ascend Learning, and NHA specifically, not only post our values, but we also adhere to the values: passionate, selfless, courageous, great listener, embrace change, and accountable. AL and NHA are very successful companies with a fabulous culture which stems from the individuals working here. The innovative products as well as the layers of service and the wonderful people make it a joy to work here and to call... it home away from home!

Cons

I do not have any cons to note at this time.

Ascend Learning2016-09-09
  10. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, great vacation benefits, bonuses available at all levels, opportunities for professional development and career growth

Cons

Can be a little bureaucratic but it seems to be working for them!

Advice to Management

Keep driving people toward the newest and most innovated modes of thinking and executing.

Ascend Learning2016-09-08