Ascend Learning Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 238 reviews

3.3
Ascend Learning CEO Greg Sebasky
Greg Sebasky
  1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible, great vacation benefits, bonuses available at all levels, opportunities for professional development and career growth

Cons

Can be a little bureaucratic but it seems to be working for them!

Advice to Management

Keep driving people toward the newest and most innovated modes of thinking and executing.

Ascend Learning2016-09-08
  2. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Client Account Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have a great culture at Ascend Learning and everyone works well together as a team.

Cons

There are non in my book

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I have never loved a position or felt as dedicated as I do here.

Ascend Learning2016-08-25

"Digital Marketing Specialist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

The team here is the best. Everybody cares about you personally and genuinely. While it's a big company and spread out geographically, you'll get what you need quickly, and everybody collaborates well across the board, yet it has a start-up feel still working in a small team - which I absolutely LOVE! Management is very open to changes & innovation, which is awesome. Great benefits and work/life balance also!

Cons

The company's been around for a while, thus has great reputation, but some of the technology is old and being worked on for improvement at the moment, and that could be frustrating at times.

Ascend Learning2016-08-05

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Student Support Specialist/Welcome Team Lead in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Culture Competitive Pay Some of the best people I've ever worked with

Cons

Can't really think of any

Advice to Management

None

Ascend Learning2016-07-25
  5. "Marketing Communications"

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

I really enjoy working at Ascend. My manager encourages work-life balance and I have flexibility when it comes to my schedule. As long as I get my work done, there isn't a lot of micromanaging. The benefits are above average. I feel good about the work I do and how it makes people's lives better.

Cons

There aren't many downsides to working here. Growing pains can leave different departments VERY busy at times, but that's what happens when a company grows quickly! The only other con I can think of is that the senior team of leaders is almost all men. They're all good leaders, it just doesn't set a great example for women wanting to advance their careers here.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the culture at each office location and emphasizing the values.

Ascend Learning2016-06-22
  6. "Great Company!!"

Operations Training Support Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

The company's culture and values. Ascend Learning culture is contagious when you experience it and other companies say they have a culture like Ascend Learning, but they do not come close. Everyone at Ascend Learning including the Leadership Team truly embodies Ascend Learning's culture and values. Ascend Learning trusts their employees and provides their employees with freedom, but have high expectations and... expect responsibilities from their employees.

Cons

No cons. I feel very lucky and fortunate that I work for Ascend Learning.

Ascend Learning2016-06-22
  7. "Manager - Shared Services"

in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

Great culture that provides a lot of flexibility. We have the opportunity to work with a lot of passionate people which makes coming to work fun. Although this company continues to grow, we still don't have a lot of levels of management which helps things get done quickly.

Cons

Comp and benefits seems to be below market. Culture has some up side to make up for it.

Ascend Learning2016-06-02

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - ATI in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work for multiple reasons. Many of their policies are employee driven (i.e. vacation, dress code, work hours, bonus potential ). They also have tons of opportunity for advancement. If you work hard, they reward you for it. The people you work with are wonderful.

Cons

Starting salary can be lower than normal but the workplace atmosphere makes up for that some. Sometimes, it's worth a lower salary to actually want to come to work.

Advice to Management

Look at the market and see about some salary adjustments. What you would have is a place that would knock other employers out of the park. Advancement, great salaries, and corporate culture would be the 1, 2, 3 to keep your employees for a long time. Only reason I give the management 4 stars is becaise they could do more about salaries.

Ascend Learning2016-05-24
  9. "Great company that cares!"

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

The actually care about your growth

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Ascend Learning2016-04-28

"Great Place to work"

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and great people to work with. Management is great to work for, supportive, and always there to answer any questions.

Cons

There are really none that I can think of except that you must be flexible as far as your schedule goes.

Advice to Management

Training material could be improved but really it is the sort of position that is very easy to catch on to if you have any experience in this sort of position.

Ascend Learning2016-03-28