Ascend Learning Senior Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

1.4
Ascend Learning CEO Greg Sebasky
Greg Sebasky
  1. "great place to work ..."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Ascend Learning

Pros

The work environment is more like a startup company. So you get more opportunities to get noticed and do work which matters. people are very nice,helping and easygoing. Overall the office culture is good. Pay and benefits are very competitive. A lot of smart people in the team and working with them is a pleasant and rewarding experience.

Cons

I have been working in this company for a couple of months now, but seriously I do not have any point which I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

I've not been that long in the company to provide advice to the management. We have a new CTO, so expecting some changes which should be beneficial for both company and the employees.

Ascend Learning2015-03-31

"Competency need not apply"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is becoming more profitable on paper to be sold to some poor schmuck.

Cons

Management likes org charts more than work delivery. I have talked to several managers about the work product and get blank stares and conflicting accounts. Managers have to be told how to do their jobs like little kids learning to pick up after themselves. Competent employees still have to do the managers job most of the time, but sometimes managers do it and act as if they saved the world. Human resources is non-existent....

Advice to Management

Advice for management is to quit and publicly apologize for wasting everyone's time.

Ascend Learning2017-01-17