Ascension Ministry Service Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home when needed is also nice (in 13 reviews)

• As everyone has mentioned, I am a big fan of the free soda and WiFi (in 8 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth, a lot of variety of potential positions and opportunities.

Cons

Really depends on what department you get into. Management/supervision/direction differs dramatically.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy and don't bring it too much outside leadership. It makes your employees feel like they aren't worthy to move up after putting in their time.

2. "Call Center"

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Appreciated staff and looked at ways to improve.

Cons

This is truly a call center. For those in the Human Resource profession not a true way to help your associates or become a true strategic partner.

Advice to Management

Get a cell phone policy. There were so many associates through out the building complaining of having too many tickets, but had time to take pictures of their drink of the day.

"What department will be outsourced next?!"

Former Employee - Senior Benefits Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Benefits Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As everyone has mentioned, I am a big fan of the free soda and WiFi. The people are nice too.

Cons

This company is steadily declining in employee morale. Departments are worried (as they should be) about outsourcing. With two major departments being outsourced to horrible companies, it is only a matter of time before the next is notified. Of course management is aware several months prior of the departments being outsourced, they just choose not to notify their employees in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

If you know you were going to outsource your departments and signed intent contacts to do so in 2014, why wait until late 2016 to notify the departments?!? Treat your employees with respect!

"Misrepresentation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free soda, benefits are good, potential to work from home..

Cons

Too many Directors that do NOTHING. Organization is top heavy. Associate experience is not working, CEO doesn't care about the associates and seems to dislike females in high positions.

Advice to Management

Just because you've started an Associate Experience program, doesn't mean this is a great place to work! Management doesn't listen to the associates and why would they when the CEO doesn't listen and is a complete male chauvinist. His leadership skills are conducive to "the good ole' boys network!" And only talks to staff because he is forced to have "public office hours" for the associates, otherwise he would never voluntarily talk to people. Start practicing the mission, vision and values of the organization instead of just preaching about them. People learn by example and the examples we're seeing from the CEO suck! Stop running good associates out the door!

6. "Awesome Place!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Morals are excellent. Room to grow and develop. Fun atmosphere

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Good job!

"Quality Department"

Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Quality Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Quality teammates, amazing previous management (Brent LaRoche). When I took this position I was full of excitement and eager to learn (Lean Six Sigma), oh how times have changed.

Cons

New management was introduced to the Quality team. The first two months of them being in the department, the supervisor spent her time bad mouthing the manager to her team and even suggested she was mentally ill. The supervisor is incapable of being a leader and treats associates like they are incompetent. She lies to benefit her position and bad mouths employees to other employees.
    The manager is aware of conflict in the department and has yet to address this. Instead a team meeting was put together where the book "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team" was introduced to all of us and used as a tool to advise us that we are all bad team players and employees.
    The supervisor provides corrective actions to employees and the manager sits quietly in the back of the room while the supervisor insults and attacks employees who do not understand what they are doing wrong.
    This department has been ruined by two individuals that do not care about the well being of the organization or the employees they manage. Its sad that within 5 months, 4 long termed employees have quit due to treatment and new rules in the department. All rules that do not impact production or client satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Terminate BOTH supervisor and manager as both are at fault for the issues now brewing in the QA department. Then supply a peer interview and trust that the quality department is capable of choosing a good supervisor that understands the demands of the job and isn't automation crazy and trying to eliminate all positions.

"Good, Bad, Not All Ugly"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Not the soda like the other employees as I'm a Cole person and this is a Pepsi account. Guess that is a con for me. Pros would be the great people I respect and enjoy working with every day. I love my team and the company. I learn and grow every day.

Cons

Executive leadership is out of touch with the clients and the internal employees. This is common for a high growth start up and only five years ago. They have accomplished a great deal and now they need to regroup and rebuild the culture which is challenging in a fast paced, ever changing atmosphere. Outsourcing and downsizing large departments is a sad and scary feeling. It's part of business but it's not ever easy and great people that were very dedicated lost their jobs and their future here. It is a big concern for everyone here.

Advice to Management

Continue to fall back on the values that made this organization such a great place to work. It's difficult to see the forest for the trees. Its about fitting the mission in with big corporate politics. Your mission integration leader is the most respected, inspiring person I've ever met in my llife much less had the pleasure to work with. Follow his lead because he's not only insightful, he has Jesus on his team!

"Unfortunately, the negative reviews are true"

Current Employee - That's A Dead Giveaway in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - That's A Dead Giveaway in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

I love my co-workers and my immediate manager. The nature of my work interests me. The environment is generally clean and modern. The health insurance is both good and affordable. Unfortunately, I can come up with more positives.

Cons

The company is Catholic and non-profit in name only. Our senior executive has 17 expensive cars in his collection, including a $100,000 Tesla. Currently, the company is sprucing up the building perhaps to sell it. They're hiring low-skilled local minorities with questionable work experience and then paying all of us much less than the average for comparable work in this market. The PTO policy is shameful. Don't get sick and definitely plan to work long hours, and everything will be fine.

As many reviews have said, the company is not what it was just two years ago, and it really matters who you know to advance.

Advice to Management

Lower and middle management are being lied to by senior management and their plans to outsource more departments before the end of 2016.

10. "Leave Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Coffee/soda, Mission hours and Mission Director-Glenn, work from home . The ability to openly pray and worship with others .

Cons

Ridiculous case loads and they tout the ability to work from home-yet still no work/life balance when you are working 50+ hours a week. Management is embarrassing -lack of leadership, know nothing about the jobs of the Case managers and have no desire to try to understand but micro manage. Pay system overpaid, underpaid or didn't pay tons of Associates due to a system they rolled out without properly testing and then blame the Case managers who weren't properly trained to begin with. System still overpays or doesn't pay but can't get answers as to why. System has severe limitations but still have unrealistic expectations of the CM to meet them or be basically told you are worthless. Favoritism abounds , managers gossip and talk about their employees and allow their teams to talk about each other in meetings. Managers have made inappropriate comments in team meetings about employees and question their faith. Out of control and out of line

Advice to Management

Streamline processes, treat the employees with respect ( maybe attempt to say hello to them sometimes) and get real leadership. Stop the favoritism and fix the horrible processes

11. "Poor place to work"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mobility with a laptop, two monitors and a docking station, free pop/coffee and good food trucks. Pastor (Glenn) who is amazing.

Cons

Leadership, Supervisors, Seniors. Lack of communication and team players. Misses the mark of what they stand for. Worst experience in my professional career.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from your employees.