Ascension Ministry Service Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home when needed is also nice (in 14 reviews)

• Free soda, benefits are good, potential to work from home (in 9 reviews)

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth, a lot of variety of potential positions and opportunities.

Cons

Really depends on what department you get into. Management/supervision/direction differs dramatically.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy and don't bring it too much outside leadership. It makes your employees feel like they aren't worthy to move up after putting in their time.

"Run away... a lot of preach, no practice"

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time

Pros

Interesting job functions, many problems to solve, quality associate-level employees.

Cons

Horrible management that literally preaches about values, reverence, and service, yet allows for inexcusable abuse of power by supervisors and managers who routinely retaliate against anyone who dares to ask questions with no repercussions.

These supervisors and managers actually joke about the number of complaints they have had filed against them, have no experience or education, and are some of the worst people I have ever met.

Insecure department level supervisors are allowed to apply arbitrary rules that do not apply to the entire department and are not aligned with Ascension's corporate policies.

Advice to Management

Look at the policies being applied to each department at the MSC and enforce fair treatment of all employees.

You have 2 exceptionally awful individuals managing a group of dedicated and abused employees who lean on each other to get through every hour of every day.

3. "Ascenscion"

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time

Pros

Company does a lot for the poor and needy.

Cons

Company may not take care of employees to save on costs.

"Misrepresentation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free soda, benefits are good, potential to work from home..

Cons

Too many Directors that do NOTHING. Organization is top heavy. Associate experience is not working, CEO doesn't care about the associates and seems to dislike females in high positions.

Advice to Management

Just because you've started an Associate Experience program, doesn't mean this is a great place to work! Management doesn't listen to the associates and why would they when the CEO doesn't listen and is a complete male chauvinist. His leadership skills are conducive to "the good ole' boys network!" And only talks to staff because he is forced to have "public office hours" for the associates, otherwise he would never voluntarily talk to people. Start practicing the mission, vision and values of the organization instead of just preaching about them. People learn by example and the examples we're seeing from the CEO suck! Stop running good associates out the door!

"Tired"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

The Mission and Core Values are what brought me here, have worked at one of the Health Ministries also. The people I work with are awesome!

Cons

Life/work Balance is non existent. 50+ hours a week in the office plus work at home some in the evenings and on weekends. Upper management doesn't seem to care. Too much politics with Senior Management, they seem more concerned about their own jobs than helping to make positive changes within their own departments. I am looking for employment outside of Ascension just to get my life back. I have never worked anywhere where I have felt so unappreciated and so set up for failure.

Advice to Management

Associate turnover is too high, you are wearing your Associates out. You spend great sums of money on new technology, but won't spend the time or money to clean up your source data so new systems will work properly without numerous work arounds. Unrealistic work load with no light at the end of the tunnel.

6. "Ascension Health IT Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center as an intern

Pros

Excellent environment. Great place to gain experience while still in college.

Cons

I did not experience any downsides while working with Ascension.

7. "Accounts Payable"

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time

Pros

The people we work with and the job that we do, to take care of the Health Ministries and their patients is a great honor, it is not always easy and we have a lot to do but we always manage to get the job done. Flex hours, tackling new tasks and learning new things are always on the forefront of the companies and departments mind, if you like a challenge and to learn new things this is a great place to come, you will never be bored.

Cons

The long hours and being over worked does get tiring. We are under staffed or at least if feels like it. The need for innovation is necessary, but it should be done in an open environment. The AP team is large and it makes consistent communication hard and a challenge for all involved.

8. "Decent pay and great benefits."

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

Pros

Benefits are fantastic. The work environment is relaxed and supportive. No weekend work. Free drinks. Coworkers are good people and over time is sometimes available. Nice office design and good area.

Cons

You are forced to learn more call types but are not compensated for it. Someone who only takes 2 call types can earn more than someone who handles 5 or morejust because they may have had more experience in a call center. If you plan on ever taking personal time off, don't get sick, or just come sick to work. They take out PTO for sick days and run down your vacation days by doing so.

Advice to Management

Compensate people appropriately for the quantity and quality of the work they do.

"I love my job, but I feel stuck..."

Pros

I love what I do and the people I work with. Flexibility to work from home when needed is also nice.

Cons

Additional housecleaning of the Executive Leadership team needs to happen. The problems all start at the top. Chance for promotion only happens to those who kiss up to management.

Advice to Management

Take more time to listen to your associates. They have ideas that could actually fix things that aren't working.

"Overall Great Company"

Pros

Good company mission statement that they strive to achieve; friendly atmosphere; appears to be ran with high integrity; decent employee perks

Cons

Departments are not equal; Some serious management review is needed;

Advice to Management

Listen to your people and use their skills to help you succeed: Communication is key!