Ascension Ministry Service Center Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 18, 2017

Supervisor

1.7
CEO

Pros
  • Flexibility to work from home when needed is also nice (in 13 reviews)

• As everyone has mentioned, I am a big fan of the free soda and WiFi (in 8 reviews)

Cons

"Good, Bad, Not All Ugly"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not the soda like the other employees as I'm a Cole person and this is a Pepsi account. Guess that is a con for me. Pros would be the great people I respect and enjoy working with every day. I love my team and the company. I learn and grow every day.

Cons

Executive leadership is out of touch with the clients and the internal employees. This is common for a high growth start up and only five years ago. They have accomplished a great deal and now they need to regroup and rebuild the culture which is challenging in a fast paced, ever changing atmosphere. Outsourcing and downsizing large departments is a sad and scary feeling. It's part of business but it's not ever easy and great people that were very dedicated lost their jobs and their future here. It is a big concern for everyone here.

Advice to Management

Continue to fall back on the values that made this organization such a great place to work. It's difficult to see the forest for the trees. Its about fitting the mission in with big corporate politics. Your mission integration leader is the most respected, inspiring person I've ever met in my llife much less had the pleasure to work with. Follow his lead because he's not only insightful, he has Jesus on his team!

"Payroll Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ascension Ministry Service Center (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work - service to the poor - Catholic Health ministries
    We offer many services to our health care facilities across the United States.

Cons

For a very long time, hours were extremely long - recent system automation processes have made this much better.

Advice to Management

I prefer not to answer this

"Tired"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

The Mission and Core Values are what brought me here, have worked at one of the Health Ministries also. The people I work with are awesome!

Cons

Life/work Balance is non existent. 50+ hours a week in the office plus work at home some in the evenings and on weekends. Upper management doesn't seem to care. Too much politics with Senior Management, they seem more concerned about their own jobs than helping to make positive changes within their own departments. I am looking for employment outside of Ascension just to get my life back. I have never worked anywhere where I have felt so unappreciated and so set up for failure.

Advice to Management

Associate turnover is too high, you are wearing your Associates out. You spend great sums of money on new technology, but won't spend the time or money to clean up your source data so new systems will work properly without numerous work arounds. Unrealistic work load with no light at the end of the tunnel.