Ascension Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

3.5
Ascension President / CEO Joseph R Impicciche
Joseph R Impicciche
Pros
  • "Experienced staff, good benefits, tuition reimbursement(in 110 reviews)

• "Great benefits, PTO and discounts at cafeteria(in 95 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The upper management is out of touch with the reality of healthcare, it is very business-oriented(in 76 reviews)

• "Short staffed all over the hospital(in 68 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ascension and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Opportunity

Apr 30, 2021 - Nurse Intern in Miramar Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hospital and staff are amazing and provide tons of opportunities for new grads and career RNs

Cons

None that I can think of

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are a team of more than 50,000 nurses strong. When you join Ascension, you become one of our caregivers committed to not only caring for the community and each other, you join a ministry dedicated to amplifying your voice. We appreciate all that you do. Thank you for your service and commitment.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company to work for!

Apr 17, 2021 - Pharmacy Intern in Wichita, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits with extremely competitive salary for the area. The management team is great and I love all of my coworkers.

Cons

Company is currently undergoing a lot of changes. Difficult to keep up with as an employee and student.

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your experience working with Ascension has been a positive one. We are thrilled to know you feel supported by staff and management. We thank you for your service and dedication to our mission.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not Compensated Appropriately

May 11, 2021 - Certified Medical Assistant in Franklin, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

In demand jobs means job security, Multiple locations making it easy to find a site to work close to home

Cons

Compensation is not based on experience. No raise in 2020 and hearing rumors we will not be getting one in 2021 either. Bonuses given to Managers, supervisors and higher, but those of us that worked the testing tents or vaccine clinics received nothing. Supervisors and Managers rarely on site

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Saint Thomas needs HELP!!

May 9, 2021 - Nursing Leader in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the opportunity to volunteer at the medical missions. Good residency program with University of Tennessee training next generation of clinicians.

Cons

Weak corporate nursing leadership. Great employees loosing their jobs and drastic changes being implemented over an executive’s little feelings. HR is ineffective, allowing greedy executive to eliminate associates’ jobs for personal reasons. Also, unfairly eliminating positions to favor friends. All the while, Ascension’s PR is out talking about Catholic values and inclusion. Talking of camouflaged greed, the Saint Thomas Health’s CNO is also the System’s COO. Often making irrational decisions and since HR is incompetent, the check-balance is compromised.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great Company

May 14, 2021 - Global Procurement Coordinator (GPC) in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

3 day work week, lots to do, lots o FP laces to transfer to out of state

Cons

Lots of gossip, far from where I live

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your experience working with Ascension has been a positive one. We strive for all of our associates to experience our culture. We will take your comments and reflect upon them. We thank you for your service and dedication to our mission.

6. 4.0

Good place to work

May 14, 2021 - Security Officer in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice benefits. Supportive staff

Cons

Usually not fully staffed. Work a lot of extra shifts.

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your balanced review. At Ascension, we aim to provide exceptional benefits that provide generous PTO, tuition reimbursement and an exceptional work-life balance. We will take your comments and reflect upon them. Thank you for your service and dedication to our team and our mission.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Better than other systems in Indy

May 15, 2021 - Registered Nurse, Float Pool in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

good bonuses, pay rate, safe ratios

Cons

needs better retention bonus /incentive

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Nursing associates account for over one-third of our total associate population. That means you are a part of a collective, united by one goal; to provide compassionate, personalized care to all - especially to those in need. We will take your comments and reflect upon them. We thank you for your service and dedication to our mission.

8. 5.0

Good place

May 15, 2021 - Tech Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy it here.

Cons

Some days aren’t great but it happens s

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your dedication to our mission to provide personalized, compassionate care to those who need it most.

9. 1.0

Horrible Leadership and Teamwork

Apr 26, 2021 - RN-ED in Pensacola, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good doctors You can always get hours Majority of coworkers are supportive

Cons

No lunch breaks Weak leadership and teamwork Unsafe environment Stressful work environment Management cares more about numbers than they do about their associates. Mission and values are not enforced or encouraged by leadership, nor is teamwork encouraged. There are clicks and gossiping which breaks down the teamwork. I put in my 2-week resignation, and I was told I needed to work 4 weeks for re-hire eligibility by management. I looked up the policy in Ascension, and rehire eligibility minimum was for a 2-week minimum notice. Management's reply to my notification from the policy was "We've always done it that way." I would work overtime consistently and was respected by management. When I decided to work the expected amount of hours in my contract due to personal responsibilities and would say "No" to requests for coming in extra even with bonuses, management turned on me, and the respect was gone. Hardly anybody else would pick up extra hours, and the scheduling was awful and unfair.

2 people found this review helpful

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your balanced review. Associates at Ascension are the organization’s greatest strength. We will take your comments and reflect upon them. If you would like to continue this dialogue, we would welcome that discussion. Please feel free to email us at Careers@Ascension.org.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

great place to work and learn

May 14, 2021 - RN Navigator in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

excellent employer- no negative issues at all

Cons

none great team, good management. transparent expectations

Reputation Management Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Ascension, we strive to provide spiritually-centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We appreciate your service and dedication to our mission.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,110 Reviews