Cover image for Ascension

3.4
Ascension President / CEO Joseph R. Impicciche
Joseph R. Impicciche
1,163 Ratings

What people are saying about Ascension

Healthcare

528.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/medicine-2

Got a burning question about Ascension? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ascension employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "benefits are good and affordable(in 401 reviews)
  • "You know your work has a larger purpose; opportunity for personal and professional growth; great people to work with(in 281 reviews)
  • "Coworkers were great and helpful for a first job(in 244 reviews)
  • "The staff is great and friendly(in 172 reviews)
  • "I have a great manager and assistant clinical leaders.(in 77 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ascension and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Binghamton, NY
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, supportive atmosphere!

Cons

Can't think of any. I really enjoy my work and especially the people I work with!

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Ascension’s greatest strength is our associates, so we are thrilled to hear your thoughtful compliments. We hope you are well, and appreciate your service.

1. 5.0
        Sep 22, 2023
        Registered Medical Assistant
        Current Employee
        Jacksonville, FL
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

flexible scheduled, awesome bosses good coworkers nice patients good location

Cons

the pay is not good.

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words with us. We appreciate your dedication to our mission to provide personalized, compassionate care to those who need it most. Again, thank you.

2. Join the Ascension team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,740 Reviews
      </>Embed

Ascension Reviews FAQs

Ascension has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 6,064 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Ascension to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Ascension employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Ascension. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

55% of Ascension employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ascension 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Ascension to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Ascension Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192K

Underwriter

6 interview rounds and halfway through. How many times does someone have to answer “so tell me about yourself” does it take to get an offer. Beginning to become exhausting. Tips on remaining enthusiastic through multiple round interviews would be helpful.

2 Comments

Watt Roberta

Sir/Madam would you consider working remotely Please go directly to for more information

1 Comment

University of Central Missouri

Hey I am having an interview at Markel and would like to know what is the interview process over there? And if possible what kind of questions might they ask in a phone call interview.

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 6,064 Ascension reviews submitted anonymously by Ascension employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Ascension is right for you.