Ascension Sacred Heart Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Henry Stovall
  1. "Fabulous hospital"

Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart

Pros

Beautiful hospital, friendly people, good growth potential

Cons

You earn the money you make

Advice to Management

better patient ratios

Ascension Sacred Heart2011-05-22
  2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than a year

Pros

My floor is all about teamwork.. Night shift diff is also good

Cons

You do not get a lot of pto per pay period .. Benifits are not the greatest ..

Ascension Sacred Heart2019-08-02
  3. "Sacred Heart"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Largest Hospital in the area with plenty of resources.

Cons

Low entry pay with limited growth.

Advice to Management

Increase growth potential. Add incentive bonuses.

Ascension Sacred Heart2019-04-20
  4. "RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good team work on the unit. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Very difficult to transfer to a different department. No opportunity to try a different type of nursing. Makes it seem like a person is black balled from new departments.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-12-26
  5. "Title"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Great coworkers -Benefits: health, dental, 401k

Cons

-Barely increased pay for working holidays -Construction noises all the time

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-12-05
  6. "RN"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome sense of community amungst employees.

Cons

Minimal communication from management.

Advice to Management

More open communication.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-07-06
  7. "Bad experience"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, co-workers, self-scheduling, 2 fast food restaurants in facility, Susan Davis is an asset and demonstrates that she values employees. SHHS is a feasible place of employment, however I would definitely recommend to ALWAYS have a back-plan in place.

Cons

Untrustworthy, borderline evil management (and some upper-management) in my department, often treat staff as a disposable commodity, capable of practicing age discrimination, parking is horrible, cafeteria extremely overpriced for employees, high turnover and management absolutely does not value loyalty or time in service. If you are “terminated for cause”, you will loose ALL of your stored PTO hours that you... accrued, often from working an enormous amount of OT when management is in desperate need.

Advice to Management

Stop practicing retribution for honest feedback via “Tiny Pulse”, or other forums, where employee (and physician) opinions are elicited.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-03-07

"Leaving was a good move for me!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Sacred in 2001-2005. I help positions as PCT, LPN and RN within the same department. I absolutely loved the girls I worked with! They are the reason that I stayed as long as I did. I did enjoy the job. I had excellent benefits including FMLA for maternity leave. I felt that my pay was adequate. The charge nurses were great and extremely helpful and kind.

Cons

Inconsiderate scheduling, forced overtime called flex shifts, worked way under staffed for over a year on night shift, nurse to patient ratios were absurd and down right unsafe, rarely had a PCT or HUC during my shifts. High volume of admits per shift with no time in between. Doctors were allowed to throw tantrums in the nurse's station that including throwing charts in the floor and falsifying progress notes with... blatant lies because he was called about his patient in the middle of the night. My manager was just plain rude. The attitude of the nurses in other departments were vile. Having to float to another unit was torture because of how you were treated by those nurses and how you were dumped on. It was horrible. Allowing the patient to always be right was taken to the extreme to the point of being abusive. Once I traded shifts, with charge nurse approval, because we were moving. On the day that I was to be off to move the nurse I traded with called in. I received a phone call from a charge nurse telling me that I had to come work. I explained that I could not because of moving, had a rented truck and family in town to help us. I was told that I was responsible for the shift despite the signed and approved shift swap and I had already worked my shift for the other nurse. She came right out and told me that if I didn't come I would need to look for another job. Intimidation was common practice in my department if you dare rock the boat or fail to fall in line with their demands. That particular night I went in and worked under 110% unsafe staffing ratios and during that shift towards the morning a potentially bad situation occurred and was handled as best as it could be given the deplorable conditions of that night. I was forced to tell a family that the event was my fault when it was not with the nursing supervisor standing behind me apologizing for my incompetence. I was humiliated!!! I went to tell my manager to expect my two weeks notice but she wasn't there even though she was suppose to be. I sat and waited until 10am when she finally showed up. I told her what happened and that I would provide her with my written notice when I returned to work. I had been an excellent employee and coworker. I had been flexible, never called in and never gotten in trouble and she never once said please don't leave or is there anything I can do to make you change your mind. She just said ok but can you make it four weeks instead of two. I was crushed! I have never once regretted leaving and I did not work out a four week notice.

Advice to Management

It has been so long since I left there I wouldn't begin to know what advice to offer the current management. I do, however, still know people who work there and based on what they say things haven't changed much.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-30

"Registered nurse."

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great schedule, some great physicians to work with, and some great coworkers. Good cafeteria (slightly overpriced). They have a Starbucks.

Cons

Old equipment needing updates. A lot of burn out among employees and hey have had attitudes. Administration has difficulty keeping promises (said they would give retention bonuses but didn't) PTO accrual is slow. They don't do ONLY emergency procedures on the weekends like policies state. Poor staffing ratios. Pay is comparatively low in the gulf coast region for nurses.

Advice to Management

Hold true to promises, and take care of your employees. Improve the attitude by being the change. Increase budget for newer equipment that WORKS. Care about more than appearances.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-28
  10. "RN Carge Nurse Pace Florida"

Current Employee - Charge RN in Pace, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO adds up quickly. Ability to transfer to a vast number of facilities in the company. One of the largest healthcare companies in the US.

Cons

Raises minimal if you get any. Hiring process is lengthy and difficult. Difficult to work your way up. Need to know the right people to get anywhere.

Advice to Management

To keep good employees you need to listen to their complaints with an open mind. If a majority of your employees have the same complaint there may be a valid point you need to take a closer look at.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-12