Ascension Sacred Heart Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 110 reviews

3.4
Ascension Sacred Heart CEO Henry Stovall
Henry Stovall

"I've seen better managerment material in the Marine Corps"

Former Employee - Patient Care Tech in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Overtime Opportunity Some of the doctors I worked with were very knowledgeable and had no issue helping and giving advice Some of the nurses I worked with were great to work with.

Cons

Management is god-awful. There is no fairness. It is more of who is liked or disliked the most. Its a high school popularity game. Below par pay. Most of the RNs were only at 23$/hr and that's after 3 years of employment. Management treats staff as replaceable and deplorable. Some employees hate their jobs and are burnt out.

Advice to Management

There needs to be change before I recommend working at Sacred to anyone. Below average pay does not produce good employees. Rn salary after 3 years is at 23$-24$/hr. Surg Tech pay is 18$ after 2 years. Quality of over quantity. I have also seen where individuals with job worthy experience get turned down and the job positing stays up for months with no one being hired as the unit gets run into the ground by... understaffing. I used to hear good things about Ascension, but after being at this location I would rather work at West Florida.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-01-06

"Watch your back."

in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart for more than 5 years

Pros

The patients. The staff. The physicians. The nurses. The health care team.

Cons

Management decisions from "Corporate" Ascension do not reflect local hospital and patient needs, and now there is way too much of a McDonalds Franchise mentality approach to health care. The patients no longer come first, only the almighty dollar.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "One Ascension" approach to healthcare. Give local hospitals more control to care for patients in the appropriate way. Corporate medicine means more risk for corporate malpractice. This used to be an excellent place to work. Now cost cutting is sacrificing patient care.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-01-10
  3. "LPN"

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time

Pros

The kindest, most caring coworkers I've ever worked with. Also, the benefits are pretty awesome as well.

Cons

I have no cons to share...

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-12-05
  4. "Sacred heart environmental services employee"

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time

Pros

Great pay and the benefits are wonderful

Cons

The hiring process is long and drawn out

Advice to Management

Managment should be on premise opposed to out of state

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-11-11
  5. "Full time"

Current Employee - Nuclear Medicine Technologist in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits, big hospital great cafeteria but expensive

Cons

Need new equipment, parking is horrible, weekends and call. Call is exhaustive and little break (you work 12 straight days when on call).

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-10-03
  6. "Best Inpatient Pharmacy"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Staff! Everyone looks out for one another to help get the job done. Upper management is firm but fair.

Cons

irregular work hours and office gossip

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-08-28
  7. "Good benefits, minimal pay, unrealistic expectations"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really love some of the people I work with and everyday is different. At the end of the day I know that I have helped someone get better.

Cons

Poor management, little room for advancement or raises, over-worked and always no money to hire help-typical corporate America. Ascension got too big too fast and the employees pay the price.

Advice to Management

Change. In the care of others your employees are your greatest asset, treat them that way. You can have the greatest mission statement ever on paper, but it means nothing if the implementation does not start at the top. And it isn't always about money. People usually leave managers, not jobs.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-08-19
  8. "Financial Service Representative"

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone I came in contact with who worked there was very nice. This is a company that seems to take good care of their employees. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I also liked the location of the office I worked in. Everyone in the department was willing to help out if it was needed. This is one of the best places that I have ever worked.

Cons

Whenever I gave my notice to my supervisor to let her know that I would be leaving because I was moving 2 hours away, she seemed to be upset.

Advice to Management

Sometimes when people find opportunities elsewhere, don't be discouraged because you will eventually find an employee that fits the position maybe even sooner than later.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-07-19

"Leaving was a good move for me!"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Sacred in 2001-2005. I help positions as PCT, LPN and RN within the same department. I absolutely loved the girls I worked with! They are the reason that I stayed as long as I did. I did enjoy the job. I had excellent benefits including FMLA for maternity leave. I felt that my pay was adequate. The charge nurses were great and extremely helpful and kind.

Cons

Inconsiderate scheduling, forced overtime called flex shifts, worked way under staffed for over a year on night shift, nurse to patient ratios were absurd and down right unsafe, rarely had a PCT or HUC during my shifts. High volume of admits per shift with no time in between. Doctors were allowed to throw tantrums in the nurse's station that including throwing charts in the floor and falsifying progress notes with... blatant lies because he was called about his patient in the middle of the night. My manager was just plain rude. The attitude of the nurses in other departments were vile. Having to float to another unit was torture because of how you were treated by those nurses and how you were dumped on. It was horrible. Allowing the patient to always be right was taken to the extreme to the point of being abusive. Once I traded shifts, with charge nurse approval, because we were moving. On the day that I was to be off to move the nurse I traded with called in. I received a phone call from a charge nurse telling me that I had to come work. I explained that I could not because of moving, had a rented truck and family in town to help us. I was told that I was responsible for the shift despite the signed and approved shift swap and I had already worked my shift for the other nurse. She came right out and told me that if I didn't come I would need to look for another job. Intimidation was common practice in my department if you dare rock the boat or fail to fall in line with their demands. That particular night I went in and worked under 110% unsafe staffing ratios and during that shift towards the morning a potentially bad situation occurred and was handled as best as it could be given the deplorable conditions of that night. I was forced to tell a family that the event was my fault when it was not with the nursing supervisor standing behind me apologizing for my incompetence. I was humiliated!!! I went to tell my manager to expect my two weeks notice but she wasn't there even though she was suppose to be. I sat and waited until 10am when she finally showed up. I told her what happened and that I would provide her with my written notice when I returned to work. I had been an excellent employee and coworker. I had been flexible, never called in and never gotten in trouble and she never once said please don't leave or is there anything I can do to make you change your mind. She just said ok but can you make it four weeks instead of two. I was crushed! I have never once regretted leaving and I did not work out a four week notice.

Advice to Management

It has been so long since I left there I wouldn't begin to know what advice to offer the current management. I do, however, still know people who work there and based on what they say things haven't changed much.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-30

"Registered nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great schedule, some great physicians to work with, and some great coworkers. Good cafeteria (slightly overpriced). They have a Starbucks.

Cons

Old equipment needing updates. A lot of burn out among employees and hey have had attitudes. Administration has difficulty keeping promises (said they would give retention bonuses but didn't) PTO accrual is slow. They don't do ONLY emergency procedures on the weekends like policies state. Poor staffing ratios. Pay is comparatively low in the gulf coast region for nurses.

Advice to Management

Hold true to promises, and take care of your employees. Improve the attitude by being the change. Increase budget for newer equipment that WORKS. Care about more than appearances.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-28