Ascension Sacred Heart "ascension" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ascension Sacred Heart Employee Reviews about "ascension"

Updated Aug 2, 2019

Found 110 reviews

3.4
Ascension Sacred Heart CEO Henry Stovall
Henry Stovall
Pros
  • "Great benefits, loved helping people(in 8 reviews)

• "Great schedule, some great physicians to work with, and some great coworkers(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor management, little room for advancement or raises, over-worked and always no money to hire help-typical corporate America(in 5 reviews)

• "The "One Ascension" national provider mentality is great(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "ascension"

Return to all Reviews

"It's "Who you know"."

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wide variety of offices, great staff, great providers, great set of values

Cons

The "One Ascension" national provider mentality is great...for the patients; it is done at the cost of employees. Pay is mediocre and the main problem is the "who you know" style of hiring. I have recommendations from the CMO and physicians at the office I work at, with plenty of experience. I was consistently jerked around, given empty promises for management positions, just for the upper management to give away... a salaried mid-level management position to a senior manager's brother. I'm giving up, you don't stand a chance unless you're in good with the group of managers that hires for the entry levels across all of Pensacola and Pace. Benefits have steadily declined, premiums increasing for less coverage and PTO accrual is a slow crawl until you reach the maximum after about 10 years of employment.

Advice to Management

End nepotism and favoritism, particularly when hiring management The hallmarks of great management is fairness and reliability, which is seriously lacking among most of you.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-05-07

"Ascension Take Over"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers and flexibility of hours.

Cons

Since Ascension has made changes, the environment has lost the spirit that made Sacred Heart such a special place to work. Everyone is constantly stressed out. It's no longer about "patient-centered care" but more about the almighty dollar. Nurses do not have the things and staff they need to complete their jobs SAFELY. I used to say take me to Sacred Heart no matter what if my life was ever in danger, but now I... no longer feel that way. You're going to begin losing the good staff you have to other local hospitals that pay better and treat their employees better.

Advice to Management

You have all these town hall meetings, but what good has TRULY come of if? You make changes and I DO believe it's mainly Ascensions fault, not our local leaders.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-03-01

"Watch your back."

in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart for more than 5 years

Pros

The patients. The staff. The physicians. The nurses. The health care team.

Cons

Management decisions from "Corporate" Ascension do not reflect local hospital and patient needs, and now there is way too much of a McDonalds Franchise mentality approach to health care. The patients no longer come first, only the almighty dollar.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "One Ascension" approach to healthcare. Give local hospitals more control to care for patients in the appropriate way. Corporate medicine means more risk for corporate malpractice. This used to be an excellent place to work. Now cost cutting is sacrificing patient care.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-01-10
  4. "Good benefits, minimal pay, unrealistic expectations"

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really love some of the people I work with and everyday is different. At the end of the day I know that I have helped someone get better.

Cons

Poor management, little room for advancement or raises, over-worked and always no money to hire help-typical corporate America. Ascension got too big too fast and the employees pay the price.

Advice to Management

Change. In the care of others your employees are your greatest asset, treat them that way. You can have the greatest mission statement ever on paper, but it means nothing if the implementation does not start at the top. And it isn't always about money. People usually leave managers, not jobs.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-08-19

"Bureaucratic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally friendly coworkers, especially at staff levels.

Cons

Pay scales do not seem to reflect market. Was with the organization for four years and only received one raise (2%). Biggest complaint is the organization's relationship with Ascension Health. This relationship is often used as a selling point, but in reality, Ascension drains Sacred Heart of cash by requiring Sacred Heart to outsource its own employees to one of Ascension's subsidiaries at an inflated rate. ... Impossible to get results in what I would describe as an overly bureaucratic, inefficient organization.

Advice to Management

Most of the real control lies with Ascension Health, not local management.

Ascension Sacred Heart2016-02-13