Ascension Sacred Heart "great coworkers" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ascension Sacred Heart Employee Reviews about "great coworkers"

Updated Aug 2, 2019

Found 110 reviews

3.4
Ascension Sacred Heart CEO Henry Stovall
Henry Stovall
Pros
  • "Great benefits, loved helping people(in 8 reviews)

• "Great schedule, some great physicians to work with, and some great coworkers(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Poor management, little room for advancement or raises, over-worked and always no money to hire help-typical corporate America(in 5 reviews)

• "The "One Ascension" national provider mentality is great(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "great coworkers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Title"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Great coworkers -Benefits: health, dental, 401k

Cons

-Barely increased pay for working holidays -Construction noises all the time

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-12-05

"No time off"

Current Employee - Social Worker in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice environment, coworkers are great. Decent, but not excellent health benefits. About $500 a month for family plan.

Cons

I am going to leave because of PTO accrual. 3 hours biweekly isn’t enough. (That is combo sick and PTO.)

Advice to Management

Increase PTO accrual for work/life balance. I cannot work a stressful job without additional leave time to recoup.

Ascension Sacred Heart2018-06-12

"Registered nurse."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great schedule, some great physicians to work with, and some great coworkers. Good cafeteria (slightly overpriced). They have a Starbucks.

Cons

Old equipment needing updates. A lot of burn out among employees and hey have had attitudes. Administration has difficulty keeping promises (said they would give retention bonuses but didn't) PTO accrual is slow. They don't do ONLY emergency procedures on the weekends like policies state. Poor staffing ratios. Pay is comparatively low in the gulf coast region for nurses.

Advice to Management

Hold true to promises, and take care of your employees. Improve the attitude by being the change. Increase budget for newer equipment that WORKS. Care about more than appearances.

Ascension Sacred Heart2017-06-28
  4. "Amazing place to work"

in Destin, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart

Pros

great coworkers, flexible shifts, ok pay

Cons

none that i have seen

Ascension Sacred Heart2015-06-09

"Staff RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, good doctors, centrally located in Pensacola. They use a good EMR system and have great modern equipment and online resources available to aide in practice.

Cons

I found the salary and benefits to be deplorable. While in point for RN salaries in the area, new grades were only making $18/hr! That is hardly enough to support a family let alone pay back the student loans most people had to take in order to get their RN. Also, they often tried to push the limit on safe patient ratios. That is not easy for the under compensated nurses or safe for the patients who trust us to keep... them alive.

Advice to Management

I think a serious look at compensation for your licensed personel is in order. And if you are unwilling or unable to help with that, consider paying for continuing education or license renewals. It's hard to love your job when you aren't being fairly compensated for your skills and education. I left this job and got another making $11/hr more at a hospital just 2 1/2 hours away....

Ascension Sacred Heart2015-04-21
  6. "Great place to work for the most part."

Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ascension Sacred Heart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with, benefits are good, very flexible with paid time off and a supportive atmosphere.

Cons

There is little room for growth, there are not many opportunities to move to other positions or move up. Management seems concerned yet has little follow through.

Ascension Sacred Heart2014-10-03