Ascent Children's Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 16, 2017

2.6
Dan Sullivan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Classroom Technician/Student Intern"

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services part-time

Pros

Working with children and building rapport.

Cons

Not applicable at this time.

Advice to Management

More consistency with teachers.

2. "Disappointed"

Pros

The environment was a great.

Cons

I applied for several positions that would fit with my talents and knowledge but was overlooked all times.

Advice to Management

My manager did not advise me on how to grow within the company and did not give us the guidance that we needed if we wanted to do so. I would suggest that if you want to grow with the company you need to do the research yourself about the type of positions that are available.

3. "Not what it used to be"

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time

Pros

The benefits were good, FSA, 401 K, PTO and Sick Leave were offered, but it was difficult to take off due to work load. The interaction with the children was definitely a positive!

Cons

Raise freezes happened often, as well as being forced to use vacation. Very high stress level across the board and lack of support from upper administration.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that every person in the facility leads to the success of a company...starting with the classroom and moving up.

4. "All around help"

Former Employee - Van Driver Classroom Help in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - Van Driver Classroom Help in Benton, AR

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working with the children. It was the bright spot of my day. I even went there on my vacation days. I loved my job there

Cons

They are not fair with the pay scale and they don't consider that the employee may be telling the truth.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employees and know that they have families outside of the company. Pay them what they are worth and you'll get do much more out of them.

5. "Ascent review"

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time

Pros

Helping the children is the only thing good about this company.

Cons

Employees are not valued. Leadership doesn't care one bit about them. Leadership really doesn't know how to run a company.

6. "Horrible leadership"

Pros

Only pro is helping children to receive therapy needed.

Cons

Poor leadership across the board. Non-trusting and does not value their employees at all. Everything is about a profit.

Advice to Management

None

7. "It was very good job. I learn a lot and I really got more knowledge about Microsoft, being professional, consistent."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Memphis, AR
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Memphis, AR

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helpful and concern about the children. Learning that everybody can learn. Teamwork makes the dream work. My job was important to move the company daily to desired goals.

Cons

Not consistent in raises, evaluations, company promotions. Not very concern about networking on job opportunities. Not prompt to correct issues and problems on the job.

Advice to Management

Be more concern about your employees and you will get better result in employees working performances.

8. "Clinicians are unappreciated."

I have been working at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Typically a M-F, 40 hr week and an opportunity to work with children and families.

Cons

Salaries/pay is below state average for position and raises are difficult to achieve. There is a lot of micromanagement no matter your position. This company is not usually willing to work with employees that are having family or personal difficulties. There were a lot of people doing nothing and a few working their butts off. Clinicians are overloaded with work and do not receive comp time. In fact, they will dock your vacation time if you do not work a 40-hr wk.

Advice to Management

Respect and show appreciation to all your employees. I know that many of them work very hard for you. Try to achieve a more balanced workload for employees. Tell your office staff to stay off their personal cell phones. Your clinicians need more support staff.

9. "It was a good career, some days challenges but overall enjoyable."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the children and being able to help parents get help for their children. I love working with others that had a heart of concern to help children get better and achieve goals.

Cons

Evaluations late. No Christmas bonuses, No reward vacations had to be accrued every pay period....Don't encourage the employees on good jobs done. There are cases were children are being physically, and mentally abuse and nothing is done to satisfy the parents.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look inside the hours of the day at Ascent. Talk to the employees about their concerns and how they feel about certain issues. If complaints are constantly being turn in. Go and talk to those individual alone.

10. "Pediatric Day Clinic/Ascent/Acadia"

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech/Lead Teacher in Trumann, AR
    Current Employee - Mental Health Tech/Lead Teacher in Trumann, AR

I have been working at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at PDC is making a difference with the children. The experience itself. Helping the children and learning something new everyday from the children.

Cons

The pay! Not enough vacation time. You get a point on the point system if you are sick. If you catch a bug from a child and the company sends you home you still get it counted against you. The rules change everyday. One day they tell you to do it this way next day its another. The people there are great but the company itself needs lots of improvement. The health insurance takes most of your check.

Advice to Management

Better insurance and treat employees like employees not like strangers.