Ascent Services Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Nordlinger

Pros
  • Culture is great but is changing (in 4 reviews)

• The dynamic work environment is a great motivator and how often can you say you love your job and the people you work with day in and day out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are no cons that come to mind (in 5 reviews)

• No 401k matching which would be a big help to the employees (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

I have been working at Ascent Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ascent treats they Regular and Temporary employees incredibly well. They recognize their employees are the backbone of their business and want to provide a great experience and retain good talent. They just moved their Corporate Headquarters into a newly updated, fresh space that supports a very comfortable and professional work environment. The benefits are great with multiple medical plan options. This company will continue to soar!

Cons

It would be nice to have a 401(k) match. I know this is a goal for the company and hopefully it will happen as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "A well-rounded recruiting company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Ascent Services Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The fact that employee opinion and feedback is vital to their decisions and that they genuinely care about your contribution speaks volumes. You have the ability to grow and they nurture your desire to learn as management understands you will share with your team. The dynamic work environment is a great motivator and how often can you say you love your job and the people you work with day in and day out?! My team is top notch and I love working with so many bright people - it keep me motivated. The support for the consultants is the main focus and groups work together to resolve any issues or answer any questions right away, which is evident in the email responses from consultants daily.

Cons

Not enough events to allow for team building or employee appreciation - recognition, team outings, training, etc.

Advice to Management

Possibly more recognition of successes as a team or individually, this would allow for more from your employees and a means of motivation as a unit and focus on more training for even better service as a whole.

"Incompetent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

There are no good things. Please be very wary of this company when it comes to contract work. Can't imagine their full time company positions are any better.

Cons

You can look forward to having to do a lot of follow ups, triple checking behind them, calling and emailing just to make sure they did their jobs right. Especially when it comes to your pay. And when you think they finally got it right, you find out they don't. Don't waste your time! Go to another staffing company!

Advice to Management

Establish multiple channels of communication. All of your employees are not doing their jobs and contractors should have access to someone who does their job, cares, and confident in their abilities.

5. "A career launch pad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

They're basically in career development, not recruiting, which is fascinating. Even though it's the only recruiting company i've worked with, I don't understand why people give the industry such a bad rap, these guys are great. Ascent makes it hard to say no to their extracurricular activities-- like developing me into a thought leader and nonprofit board member.

Cons

None, but I do wish you'd host candidate / employee workshops

Advice to Management

As you grow, don't forget who defines your bottom line-- the candidates.

6. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Denver, CO

Pros

Great culture, very progressive and innovative staffing firm. Treat their employees awesome. Clients like working with Ascent.

Cons

No cons to list.

Advice to Management

Great management team

7. "Good people with a solid culture"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasant Hill, CA

I have been working at Ascent Services Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ascent is an exciting work in progress where team members are given clear expectations and really incredible tools to meet them. There is a lot of focus on a culture of performance which I think is healthy. I love my team and feel like people genuinely enjoy working together.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like we are so ambitious we have to balance high expectations with the disappointment of not meeting them. I think it's good to have big goals.

Advice to Management

Keep soliciting feedback from employees and listening to that feedback. We have really bright people at Ascent and Management takes the time to keep us engaged.

"Above the Rest"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Hoffman Estates, IL

Pros

The CEO is on top of his game and puts employees before EBITA. There were a few hiccups during my contract that left me feeling like a number at a typical find 'em and grind 'em contract house. I left feedback about my experience and received a call from the CEO a few days later; imagine my surprise! We discussed my experience in length and he provided assurance he would implement changes to correct processes. I would work with Ascent again, very refreshing to find a pro-employee culture.

Cons

Just a few growing pains

Advice to Management

You're definitely on the right track, thank you.

"Used as a contract-to-hire vehicle and worked great"

Former Employee - Senior Product Owner in Roseland, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Product Owner in Roseland, NJ

I worked at Ascent Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Minimal charge up between me and the client
    Not much overhead in time tracking and processes - very lean
    Liked the benefits, including 401K
    Staff is very responsive and easy to work with. Did my I9 verification via Skype

Cons

The expense reporting process could be more automated. Had to submit online in PeopleFluent and then complete an excel file with attached receipts. A bit too much

Advice to Management

Continue embracing technology and automation. Try to remove as much overhead as possible from day-to-day processes

10. "Recruiter in Denver"

Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter/Team Lead in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter/Team Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ascent Services Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working here. I've been here for ten years and hope to have many more anniversaries with the company. This is a company that cares about it's people and promotes a culture of growth and collaboration. I am excited to come to work everyday and work with my team. The training here is excellent and ongoing.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

11. "Great company to work for! (Human Capital)"

Former Employee - Human Capital Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Human Capital Specialist in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Ascent Services Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-great company culture
    -growing company
    -ranked as one of the top places to work in the Bay area
    -ethical
    -good benefits
    -A lot of long time employees
    -nice office building in a nice area

I worked here for less than a year, (I had to leave due to personal reasons) but this is definitely a company that I would recommend to anyone! I enjoyed my team in the Human Capital Department. Both my Supervisor and Director were very knowledgeable in the field (both whom were very understanding about my departure). Very fun and relaxed environment! Very appreciative of my time at Ascent!

Cons

Ascent does not match your 401K contributions but aside from that I don't think there are many negative things I can say about this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees and keep the light, relaxed, and fun environment.