Ascent Services Group Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.1
Ascent Services Group President & CEO  Joseph Nordlinger  (no image)
Joseph Nordlinger
Pros
  • "I recently went through the hiring process for Ascent Services Group with Allison Marcus who was exceptionally helpful from start to finish(in 13 reviews)

• "They have an excellent management team and really care about their employees and clients(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "401k matching, no more company-wide kick off event at beginning of the year(in 6 reviews)

• "Maybe a 401 K match one day would be great(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Experience at Ascent

May 12, 2021 - Client Solutions Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Ascent fresh out of college six years ago and have been provided every opportunity I've ever asked of the company. Ascent is a place where you can build a great career and set yourself up to live a comfortable life. I would recommend a career here to anyone who wants to be compensated for the level of effort they put into their work.

Cons

PTO accrual is falling behind what the market is offering.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Mar 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helped me find a job

Cons

Wouldn’t let me come back to work after maternity leave

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A decent start to a career in recruiting

Feb 4, 2021 - Recruiting Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworkers, they do have decent health benefits

Cons

Hourly pay is awful and barely above minimum wage, point system not based on margins for your commission structure with limits and maxes on them for some offices but not for all

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

You're in Great Hands Here!

Feb 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Oh Ascent, where do I begin? I started at Ascent fresh out of college and found myself surrounded by a culture of kind, personable, and caring individuals that made me feel as though I was apart of a family. The major pros of Ascent are.. great work-life balance, flexibility, culture, and great management. One of the greatest things about working at Ascent is the fact that CEO Joseph Nordlinger "Joe" is one of the most humble leaders. People would talk about how down to earth he was (being a part-time firefighter on the side) and I always assumed that this was true. However, I got to witness it first hand at company events when he was willing to lend a helping hand with tasks that were so above his level within the company-- only he didn't see these tasks that way. Joe, thank you for all that you have created, there is a lot to be proud of, and I'm thankful to have been apart of Ascent's journey for a small portion of its success and story. For those of you reading this review, and are worried about taking that jump into your next career. Do it because you are in great hands!

Cons

I'm being knit picky but there is always room for improvement with pay and benefits.

5. 5.0

Amazing Leadership and Environment

Feb 17, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The leadership from Joe, Michelle, and Melissa are unmatched. They care about their employees and cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive and grow. They are extremely accessible which is not common at their level. Melissa has established a dynamic and positive office environment in which I'm excited to go to work everyday. -Supportive co-workers who see the big picture and are willing to help one another. -Transparency on your expectations as an employee and are given a road map to succeed. -They listen, HR does a listening tour to gather feedback every year. -Collaborative leadership, they listen and seek out suggestions, if you want to take on further responsibilities there is room to do so. If you are struggling management works with individuals to help. Your work is valued and appreciated. -Corporate services are always there when you need help, and are always going above and beyond to help.

Cons

-You may notice reviews on lack of training ect. That cannot be further from the truth. However, if you want to be successful in this company/industry while trying to do homework at work or shop all day it is probably not the right fit. Those who will be successful here or at any other staffing firm understand the value of working hard and taking ownership over their successes.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Its an Ok place to start

Dec 28, 2020 - Aircraft Mechanic, A&P in Marana, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good starting experience as an A&P mechanic.

Cons

Scared place, not much resources to get the job done.

7. 5.0

AMAZING PLACE TO WORK

Feb 3, 2020 - Associate Recruiter in Chico, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I don't even know where to start- this company taught me so much. For an industry that is changing so rapidly, they have a handle on their clients, candidates, and employees so well. During my time at Ascent, our direct supervisor and the company as a whole put a lot of effort and time into training us. From the moment I started, it was hands on learning and there is no better way to learn the ins and outs of this position then to be thrown into it. This company is transparent, flexible, and strives to deliver excellent customer service. The culture is amazing and the Chico office works hard to keep it that way. I highly recommend this workplace.

Cons

I don't have any cons!

Ascent Services Group Response

Marketing Coordinator

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thank you for sharing this review with us and our community! Your feedback is vital to our success and culture.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good teams, great ATS, awesome offices

Sep 2, 2020 - Senior Recruiter in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for jr. recruiters to get experience in scientific, engineering and IT recruitment. Good processes. Very efficient. Open door policy.

Cons

Not too many career opportunities inside of the company if you prefer to stay on recruiting side. But it's true about most of mid-size recruiting agencies.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Oct 10, 2019 - Sourcing Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started as a Sourcing Specialist with Ascent in Denver and I'm loving it! Allison Marcus helped me through the hiring process and she is so wonderful. She was always available for questions or updates and was so reassuring throughout the process. What initially attracted me to Ascent and what I'm loving as I start my job here is that they want to hire quality people and invest time into training them well. There is a gradual build up of responsibilities that allows me to really learn the basics and add more as I am ready. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. The office environment/ culture is really laid back and relaxed. I am excited to grow here!

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but good to know. The hiring process was a little on the long side. About 4-5 weeks from initial contact to starting. The internal recruiting/ hiring team wants to take the time to make sure they hire the right people, so it's worth it in the end!!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best at what they do.

Dec 30, 2019 - W2 Processor in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jean, Ejliah, and Katrina are the trifecta. They were kind, courtesy, super helpful and fast. They responded to emails within hours not days. Im located in Georgia so i thought the time difference would be a problem when trying to contact them...IT WASN'T😁. I love these guys. The best and quickest on boarding experience. Love working with this team.

Cons

Not one Con yet. If things change ill update.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews