Asen Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Paul Scoonover

"Fun Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Asen Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Asen for just over a year and they have a great work environment, an extremely talented staff, and fun people to work with and for. The CEO truly cares about his employees and their professional progress. They value growth and development of their employees. Plenty of opportunities to have fun around the office and creativity flows in the office.

Cons

It is a relatively small company, if you perceive that as a negative, but there are still opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Management is easily accessible, helpful, and professional. Keep encouraging employees to expand their knowledge and grow.

2. "The paid internship program at Asen is worth considering."

Former Intern - Intern in Knoxville, TN
    Former Intern - Intern in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Asen Marketing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, you are given multiple projects -- mostly internal projects, but some are for clients.

You will get paid. You will learn a lot about production and branding. The employees can be nice for the most part.

They have a great photographer!

Cons

Most projects were fun and allowed me to tap into my creative side, but I was expected to complete them in an impossible amount of time. Working on a rinky-dink, hand-me-down iMac that barely had enough RAM to start Photoshop, how can you be productive?

No company culture. Ridiculous expectations (c'mon, you're an intern). Bad workspace. You will not learn about any kind of marketing/advertising strategy. No possibility of advancement.

You will learn a lot about production and branding, but don't expect to learn anything about client/agency relationships, media buying, or any kind of marketing strategy. Most of the employees are graphic designers with no background in marketing strategy.

Advice to Management

Create a company culture that people want to be a part of. Learn more about advertising strategy, media placement and buying, account management, and client relationships.

"Great ideas and talent, but horrible execution and management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Asen Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing talented, quirky and creative people working there
    Cool office space/work environment
    Different clients - there was always something new to get excited

Cons

Small company with no room to grow

Impossible to get a raise

Unprofessional and lazy office management

Upper management played favorites with certain employees

Upper management had zero management skills

Lacked culture

Promised a lot to employees, but never delivered

Unorganized with clients - no liaison between clients and the business, each employee was on their own and communicated to their own clients, which resulted in a lot of miscommunication with projects

Employee reviews were a joke....wait what review? I had to beg for one

HR representation was lacking

Advice to Management

Asen looked so fun (too fun) on the outside, but after working there for a few months I started to see all the flaws and lack of organization and management skills. Most of my time working there I was confused about what my actual purpose was there. They really need somebody working there that can take a much bigger leadership roll than what is currently there. It is important to have fun team building exercises. Management promised workshops and fun exercises, but never once fulfilled those. There needs to be a client to agency Liaison. That is a job that is so crucial when you have tons of great clients. I think they lost a few clients because of that. Over the past two years Asen has worked so hard on changing their "image," in the hopes of gaining fresh new clients and to stand out among other agencies. They added some new words to the website, took some quirky photos, and have a brand new, hip office space. I can't quite say if all of that has helped them with their image, but during that process they had their heads in the clouds and forgot about their employees. And as a result, they lost some really amazing people.

5. "It's great working at Asen Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Asen Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, competitive pay

Cons

Longer hours can be required with larger project deadlines

6. "Positive, creative environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Asen Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A positive environment focused on growth internally as well as for the individual.
    Everyone working at Asen is willing to lend a helping hand and share ideas with fellow employees.
    This company offers many fun get-togethers for employees and families thus strengthening the moral within the office.

Cons

It's a smaller company....if you see that as a con.

7. "An OK company."

Current Employee - Director of Client Services in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Director of Client Services in Knoxville, TN

Pros

Interesting, creative work place to work with good team spirit.

Cons

Management is old-fashioned and growth limited.

Advice to Management

None.

8. "Great place"

I have been working at Asen Marketing part-time

Pros

Professional, yet fun environment. The culture is great and energy is positive. Truly and genuinely love this place and its people. Very talented individuals.

Cons

Can't really say anything negative. It's a smaller agency which can perceived as negative, but that's one of the things that makes the culture great-more time and focus on clients because of strong collaboration.

9. "Would not recommend unless interning"

I worked at Asen Marketing full-time

Pros

The company has some people on staff who are very talented.

Cons

-Focused heavily on traditional advertising with little integration/emphasis on social media and digital strategy
    -Poor compensation
    -Unorganized and unprofessional leadership
    -Not very knowledgeable about current advertising trends
    -Senior leadership sets a poor example in dealing with frustrating clients and a collective company culture
    -Little to no research for projects, rushed strategy building
    -Senior management often unaware of what is happening with client accounts, projects, and time schedules
    -Employees are asked to perform tasks far above and beyond their job descriptions without additional compensation
    -Little to no room for advancement or continued learning
    -Little to no fun "perks" or company outings