Ash Brokerage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Timothy E Ash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Integrity based company striving to be the best service organization in the country."

Pros

Each role within the organization connects to the purpose behind what we do.... And it's not about he bottom line. Employees are able to strive each day to make a positive impact on the clients we serve... Revenue is the natural byproduct. Also, the new location downtown is cutting edge and a pure delight to work!

Cons

Some disconnect between departments when delivering on the overall customer experience. Some teams are able to deliver exceptionally well, while others aren't as committed to setting expectations and delivering upon them.

Advice to Management

Continue to cast and share vision for the future. I appreciate being part of an organization where I feel like I'm part of something much bigger than me.

2. "Run like a family business"

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is great and management has an open door policy

Cons

Challenged industry, fast moving organization, therefore, constant changes

3. "Jerk Bosses & Competitive Co-Workers"

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time

Pros

It was in NYC and right in Mid-Town

Cons

The Boss is a jerk, not respectful of others. If you hold different views on life and are not a conservative who has had everything handed to them then don't work there.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about other races and how racism works.

4. "Good place, good benefits good pay"

Former Employee - LTC Wholesaler in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - LTC Wholesaler in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All reasons to work at Ash were great.
    Top notch pay, benefits, people can be good.
    The company as a whole area about your well-being.

Cons

People that work there can be clicky.
    Some of the managers are too empowered and think they run your life.
    Watched the owner smash a computer and talk down to people in company wide "Friday morning meetings"

Advice to Management

Some of managers are great. Loved them, however certain managers have no business having people report to them. They are great employees, but have awful communication skills and don't care how they make you feel.
    Treat people with respect and don't micro manage.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time

Pros

Team centric, focused on achieving the greatest results for our clients.

Cons

Raises can be hard to come by...

6. "Team, Vision, Integrity and the Human Impact"

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Team collaboration is the heartbeat of Ash Brokerage. Everyone is encouraged to share ideas and implement positive action steps to better the client and employee experience. That fact speaks to Ash's vision and success toward impacting the lives of those who have counted on us for 40+ years and will count on us for generations to come.

Cons

Our Ash technology and systems are so advanced, it takes effort to keep up with all the progress. Just when I get comfortable, its time to move on to the next bigger and better platform.

Advice to Management

Keep the innovation wheels turning and continue to share ideas...big and small.

7. "Fortunate and blessed to work for such a great company!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

This is a company that embodies the CARE factor -- our advisors and their clients, our employees, and the community. Put that together with the amazing people that make up the company along with a generous benefit package and you have the best company ever!! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

The only "con" is that time and life limits the number of opportunities for people to visit our office and experience "Ash" !! The opportunity, however, is definitely not a Con at all!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!! You stand behind your word and consistently focus on doing what's right. When that happens, everything else falls into place.
    I also want to comment on a previous post commenting on our PTO benefits and the corporate AMEX program. I feel additional comments are warranted.
    It's true -- the employees of Ash Brokerage are “super nice” and have a true sense of “Care” – that’s what we do—that’s our culture. And as you stated, the company is ran with the highest level of ethics and concern (care) for the client. Might I also add that Ash Brokerage is also ran with integrity and concern for not only the client, but also our advisors, our employees, and our community.
    It's true -- Our new building is very impressive – but if the expense is all you see, then you are missing the boat. This building is not just Ash – there are many facets too numerous to list.
    I feel our benefits package is very good, but will comment only on the PTO and the corporate AMEX since you mentioned those specifically.
    Companies have been referring to vacation days as PTO for years since most everyone was using “vacation days” for personal days anyway. And those companies who are still referring to this bank of time as vacation days usually also provide 2-3 additional days they refer to as “personal days”. If you want to break down the Ash PTO in the same manner, the 18 days is actually 3 weeks vacation and 3 personal days that you can actually use at your discretion. Personally, I feel the PTO is very fair.
    In regard to your comment about the AMEX points for the corporate program, it is my understanding that a fee of $95 would need to paid for each card AND points earned are tied to the card used for the transaction and cannot be transferred to another card or aggregated at the corporate level. It is also my understanding that employees are given the opportunity to pay the $95 fee on their corporate AMEX if they want to accumulate points.
    The accusation that Tim Ash is keeping the AMEX points is not accurate and deserves a retraction.

"Great Culture and Benefits"

Pros

Great people who really care! Great benefits - 18 days PTO, medical, 401k and more. Promotes community involvement.

Cons

It's usually always very busy but with the new building there are lots of places to get away and break up the day (whether it's taking in the view from cool chairs or playing ping pong in the rec room).

"A company I am proud to work for"

Pros

I look forward to each day because I work alongside people I care about and I feel that I am making an impact within the business, the industry and our community.

Cons

Moving downtown has significantly increased how much I eat out for lunch!

Advice to Management

Thank you for continuing to invest in the people and Fort Wayne. It's exciting to see the momentum and t feel like we are part of such positive changes internally and es.

"Not as it seems"

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees hired at Ash tend to be good people. There are a family oriented company with great benefit packages.

Cons

There is no clear path for advancement, even when asked for clarification, no answers are given. People who work the hardest seem to be held back and put through bigger obsticals. I believe this is due to management having favorites and also feeling threatened by quality employees.

New procedures are not communicated clearly from management to employees. They are usually half finished and hardly acceptable, but we just have to deal with it. Same problems for long time, and nothing if fixed. If we are told they will be, usually it is an unfulfilled promise.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, fix what is broken and go based off performance, not favorites.