Ash Brokerage Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Timothy E Ash

1. "Fortunate and blessed to work for such a great company!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Wayne, IN

Pros

This is a company that embodies the CARE factor -- our advisors and their clients, our employees, and the community. Put that together with the amazing people that make up the company along with a generous benefit package and you have the best company ever!! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

The only "con" is that time and life limits the number of opportunities for people to visit our office and experience "Ash" !! The opportunity, however, is definitely not a Con at all!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!! You stand behind your word and consistently focus on doing what's right. When that happens, everything else falls into place.
    I also want to comment on a previous post commenting on our PTO benefits and the corporate AMEX program. I feel additional comments are warranted.
    It's true -- the employees of Ash Brokerage are “super nice” and have a true sense of “Care” – that’s what we do—that’s our culture. And as you stated, the company is ran with the highest level of ethics and concern (care) for the client. Might I also add that Ash Brokerage is also ran with integrity and concern for not only the client, but also our advisors, our employees, and our community.
    It's true -- Our new building is very impressive – but if the expense is all you see, then you are missing the boat. This building is not just Ash – there are many facets too numerous to list.
    I feel our benefits package is very good, but will comment only on the PTO and the corporate AMEX since you mentioned those specifically.
    Companies have been referring to vacation days as PTO for years since most everyone was using “vacation days” for personal days anyway. And those companies who are still referring to this bank of time as vacation days usually also provide 2-3 additional days they refer to as “personal days”. If you want to break down the Ash PTO in the same manner, the 18 days is actually 3 weeks vacation and 3 personal days that you can actually use at your discretion. Personally, I feel the PTO is very fair.
    In regard to your comment about the AMEX points for the corporate program, it is my understanding that a fee of $95 would need to paid for each card AND points earned are tied to the card used for the transaction and cannot be transferred to another card or aggregated at the corporate level. It is also my understanding that employees are given the opportunity to pay the $95 fee on their corporate AMEX if they want to accumulate points.
    The accusation that Tim Ash is keeping the AMEX points is not accurate and deserves a retraction.

2. "Good place, good benefits good pay"

Former Employee - LTC Wholesaler in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - LTC Wholesaler in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All reasons to work at Ash were great.
    Top notch pay, benefits, people can be good.
    The company as a whole area about your well-being.

Cons

People that work there can be clicky.
    Some of the managers are too empowered and think they run your life.
    Watched the owner smash a computer and talk down to people in company wide "Friday morning meetings"

Advice to Management

Some of managers are great. Loved them, however certain managers have no business having people report to them. They are great employees, but have awful communication skills and don't care how they make you feel.
    Treat people with respect and don't micro manage.

"Overall the Company is a C"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture. The company acts as a family as an whole.

Cons

Each team differs. Some management on teams lack communication and do not believe in rewarding good employees. The type of management that you only see when something is wrong but remains silent when stuff is right. Like other reviews, I find that most of the employees are depressed and hate their jobs. I have also heard of many taking anxiety pills or depression pills to make it through the day. However, it all depends on your department as I have heard rave reviews about some departments at Ash. Unfortunately, that was not my experience.

Advice to Management

Come up with set policies and procedures. Too much is assumed with management without actual data to back it up. A lot of information is shared but not much is written down which makes it difficult for new employees to learn. Also, check the individuals that are in lead roles. Some of them have no business running teams. Overall, I would not recommend Ash as on the surface it is good but if you delve deeper, it is an horrible place to work.

5. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room for growth and advancement. Great culture. New building in downtown Fort Wayne will open this May.

Cons

Procedures can change frequently, especially with the new system.

"Excellent Benefits and Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Internal Sales in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Internal Sales in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Excellent standard benefits but lots of non-typical ancillary benefits provided as well.
    -Growing company and opportunity to advance and grow is possible. Hard work is expected.

Cons

-No clear path for advancement. The managers all have different ideas of what this looks like.
    -Seems like the rules/unspoken expectations change all of the time. New technology/procedures/pay scales are talked about and then take forever to implement and are never what they were pitched as.

Advice to Management

The vision casting is great. Empower your leaders to empower the workers to achieve the vision. Set higher expectations.

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ash Brokerage (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunities once working for Ash. Growing Fast

Cons

Not a real set structure for advancement, sort of have to find your own path.

Advice to Management

Keep on improving the culture of Ash like you have been, seems to be moving in a positive direction.

8. "Good Starter Job"

Former Employee - Marketing in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Marketing in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly environment, fast paced, good starting pay

Cons

Not much room for advancement, industry is on a downward trend, company leadership is in flux, technology is lagging

"Poor policies and procedures"

Current Employee - Compensation in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Compensation in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Ash Brokerage (More than 5 years)

Pros

Poor attitudes thrive.
    There are a couple good employees but they all need to be medicated to work there.

Cons

Sloppy procedures.
    Poor pay scales for customer service
    No education plans for employees looking to excel
    If you want to get ahead, you won't
    Depression is rampant among coworkers
    Lateness is okay.
    Mediocracy is encouraged
    Stay at Lincoln....better pay and better opportunity

Advice to Management

Why are your employees so depressed? Maybe it starts with you.

"Great Culture with Opportunities to Advance"

I have been working at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic! The culture is really great in that they put a high value on family. They also strive to do what is best for the client which sometimes is not best for the advisor.

Cons

Communication could be better but this is a normal issue with companies of this size. There needs to be a defined vision of the company and I honestly do not know what that is. We want to make an impact but it seems more undefined than it should be.

Advice to Management

Reward employees who are doing well and working hard. Set clear guidelines and expectations. Cast a clear vision of where we are going and what type of company we are going to be.

11. "Very good organization"

Former Employee - Commissions in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Commissions in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and very smart co-workers

Cons

High turnover and management at times does not have the pulse of employees