Ashley Ellis IT Search Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Derek Dewan

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Account Manager will train and give you all the tools to be successful
     Work-life balance

Cons

Base Pay is too low

Advice to Management

Continue developing, mentoring and providing constructive feedback to your employees because it will definitely make them better recruiters

"Not Well"

Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can get promoted quickly, many people have quit, creating room for promotions regardless of ability. No one seems to ever get fired. In fact, I’ve heard there are dozens of recruiters milking the base for years that rarely produce and never get fired here. So if you do and want to be promoted to a manager, this is the company for you.

Cons

The new executive management has no recruiting industry experience; in fact it looks like the CEO has never been a CEO. Many services are being shut off, rent is not being paid according to the landlord, sales are plummeting, and people keep quitting. Yes I am one of them. I could no longer come in to work and watch the abusive ways of the leaders. In fact, an entire office walked off the job not too long ago. People have been promoted and hired which you would think is a good thing. However the people promoted and hired, (which we were told were the experts) have not brought in any business for almost a year. I don’t get it, why is the company paying big salaries to people who can’t bring in any business and then reducing the commission program for the recruiters who are producing?

So, overall the best people are quitting, and the people who bill the least and being paid the most are staying. Really? Go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Treat people well, don’t lie to them, provide them the tools they need to be successful, don’t make the non-compete plan more aggressive and tell us it’s better for us. And please stop telling us there is plenty of money when the losses are huge and vendors are talking about not being paid by the company. Clearly the plan is not working otherwise the number of people leaving would be shrinking not growing.

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a company, we are always striving for improvement, and are actively making changes to address and resolve your concerns. We understand that there has been ... More

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ashley Ellis gives you the opportunity to make a career out of a Job. This position really weeds out the lazy and ineffective. You will learn to be a recruiter and the team that supports you will help you get there but you need to put in the work.
    There are major changes happening at Ashley Ellis and if you are committed to your own success then you will have it.

You will be given all the tools it is your choice to take it.

Cons

The only bad thing about this job is that it will make your personal weaknesses very clear to everyone. If you don't stay on the phone and worry about what everyone else is doing you will not be successful and to be honest those are the people who feel that they have been mistreated.
    If you don't see this as an opportunity to grow professionally as well as personally then it is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the changes!

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As a company, we place high value on giving our employees the opportunity to grow in their careers and truly succeed. We also ... More

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think the length of my tenure says it all. This is a great place to build a long-term career. It's one of the rarest opportunities you can find - the harder you work, the better you are rewarded. If you come to work, put in the effort and have a great attitude - you can earn more than you could ever earn at a salaried job. You won't be micromanaged but you get the mentoring and training you need to be successful. Teamwork is encouraged and we work hard but still have fun! And you can definitely maintain a work / life balance - some staffing agencies expect you to work 50+ hours a week, but we are required to work less than 40. I can't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

It is a commitment so if you are not prepared to work hard to start earning more than the base salary, then this is not the place for you. The difference between those that succeed and those who don't is the commitment and attitude they have coming in the door on day one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As the economy continues to improve, I only see a bright future for all of us. I look forward to a great 2013.

"It takes a lot of work but you earn what you put into it"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ashley Ellis provides employees with on-going training and tons of support. You're basically running your own business by bringing in clients and recruiting candidates - if you put into it what you want to get out of it the potential is there to make a great living. If you have contractors out there working you get paid for every hour they work.

Cons

For the first 90 days or so you're building your business and so unless you land that huge fish early you don't really get any commission. $9.75/hour is tough to live off of at first, but all it takes is one deal to close.
    This job certainly isn't for everyone. If you want to just show up and get paid for playing on a computer and only working a few hours out of the 8 hour work day you won't be happy here.

Advice to Management

We're a young company and always evolving. Management has done a great job of keeping us current and making changes where necessary.

7. "For the first time in my life I can say... I LOVE MY JOB!!!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL

Pros

Working for Ashley Ellis has helped me grow as a person and professionally. I work with an amazing group of people who will do whatever they can to contribute to the success of everyone in the office. All of my coworkers and managers are friendly, approachable, encouraging and genuine. As long as you truly want to be here and do what it takes to succeed, you will...your team will make sure of it! Also, there is lots of growth potential and management will help you get to where you want to be.

Cons

If I had to state a con it would be that it's easy to get caught up in the work and lose focus on work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love coming to work and I truly love my job!!!!

8. "I love the people that I work with and take pride in the work we do!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

We are a team-oriented atmosphere and keep the balance between working hard and having fun. You are responsible for your own work, so your input determines your output and you are really able to take pride in your work. It is an open environment so feedback from management and co-workers is continuous.

Cons

This is not really a downside, but it is a very challenging and busy environment. You must be ready to work hard to be successful!

Advice to Management

The leadership at Ashley Ellis is awesome at guidance and feedback. They are always open to ideas and thoughts.

"If you are smart you will run away, fast!!!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work with some cool people.
    Play music while you are working.
    They will hire anyone, so if you are in desperate need here is your place.

Cons

Some of the most unprofessional management and senior recruiters you will ever work with. They bring you in at an extremely low wage, and by low you are making $9.75/ hour (19K / Year), and after taxes and medical your pay check is $275 a week!

You are constantly told to be on the phone making sales call or calling candidates, but then you will look around to see that the Branch Manager and Senior Recruiters are never making calls; they are usually surfing the internet for the hottest deals on shoes or purses. The senior recruiters do whatever they want, and while you are on the phone, they are on the job boards or LinkedIn searching for candidates, but you are told that every person in the office follows the same schedule?

Do not expect to have any time during the day to do any research, gather leads, etc. because that is what you are told to do when you get home from work. That's right, you work all day, then they expect you to keep working long after you leave the office....they don't mention that part in the interview.

When you interview they will tell you how much money you are going to make by working there, but in reality you are barely making any money. The senior management is barely getting by, because everyone who works at Ashley Ellis is desperate for every penny they can get, that's what happens when you work for 19K a year.

In regards to the work environment, you will never be in a cliquier place in your entire life; it is like being back in high school. You will constantly watch employees who are "buddy buddy" with the managers get special treatment.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Over the last several months, we have been actively making changes that address your specific concerns so that we can ensure a positive and ... More