Ashley Furniture Reviews in Ecru, MS | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ashley Furniture Ecru Reviews

Updated 23 Jul 2019

4.0
Ashley Furniture CEO Todd Wanek
Todd Wanek
  1. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - Regional Transportation Manager in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Promotes strong team atmosphere. Opportunity to grow in company! Encouraging and engaging A strong company & great benefits

Cons

Some times growing too fast

Advice to Management

Continue promoting Team work

Ashley Furniture2019-05-29
  2. "Steady job but management makes it more stressful than it needs to be"

Current Employee - Operation Supervisor in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Steady pay and hours, insurance is great

Cons

Management does not know how to properly comunnicate

Ashley Furniture2019-07-23
  3. "Upholster at Ashley"

Former Employee - Upholster in Ecru, MS

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time

Pros

Ok money for the location

Cons

Wall the hour wasn’t worth the money.

Ashley Furniture2019-06-07
  4. "Ashley Furniture is a good place to work."

Current Employee - R and D CAD in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ashley has good benefits, good pay and opportunity to grow.

Cons

Commutation is not the best. Employees are not always encouraged to go beyond their job description.

Advice to Management

Management needs to commutate more clearly with the employees and not be afraid to allow employees to learn more about other areas of the company.

Ashley Furniture2019-05-13

"My 20 year review."

Current Employee - CAD Technician in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have never been laid off. Overall it is a great place to work.

Cons

Some of the lower management should not be in the position they are in. They don't treat the people under them with respect.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees about the lead people and other lower level management positions. You would be really surprised at what they have to say.

Ashley Furniture2019-02-25
  6. "Ashley Furniture Industry Glassdoor review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits Stable environment and Growth oriented company

Cons

If you don't like change-you won't like Ashley

Advice to Management

Continue to grow!

Ashley Furniture2018-10-31

"HR at Ashley"

Recruiter in Ecru, MS

I worked at Ashley Furniture for more than 3 years

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Local decisions made at corporate level out of touch with local culture (sometimes)

Ashley Furniture2018-08-27

"Ecru Distribution Center Associate"

Current Employee - DC Associate in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Let's start this off by saying I love working for Ashley Furniture in the Ecru DC. I've been here nearly 5 years now and I've gotten a lot of opputunities to experience new things and meet some great people. I truly enjoy working with my co-workers. If it weren't for that, I don't know if I can honestly say I would still be here. Great place if you are looking for entry level positions to learn the trade. That... being said, there are very little opportunities for advancement in the DC (explained in Cons section). Compared to similar jobs in the area, good benefits, decent pay, job security (performance based). Great coworkers!

Cons

Referring to the opportunities for advancement mentioned in the Pros section, the problem isn't lack of openings in leadership (Supervisor/Leadman/Trainer roles). The problem is with the managers/supervisors. Instead of picking the most qualified or best suited for a promotion, they tend to pick the best worker based on performance. The people that you see as the "boss" have no power at all. Directors and... operations managers are not empowered by Sr Directors/Vice President enough to "run the business" in the long term. All they are allowed to do is "babysit" the operations from day to day. That doesn't mean they don't care about the employees! Directors and operations managers are genuinely interested in the employee needs and wants but have their hands tied due to not being empowered. Compared to wages in the area, the pay can be pretty good, if you work nightshift/weekends. Compared to similar sized DC's like Wal-Mart or Amazon, the wages at Ashley are low. The DC's technology is horrible. It is an updated version of what was used a decade ago, that has been modified to "work for now". Not much innovation going on due to higher ups working IN the operations to get through the day instead of working ON operation and it's processes. The hours are honestly pretty fair. My only area of concern is when peak season hits and it's mandatory overtime 10-11 hours/6 days a week. These last 3 weeks or so before returning to a 40-48 hour work week.

Advice to Management

Senior level DC directors and VP need to empower their DC directors and operations managers and stop micro-managing! Instead, focus on technological innovations on how to make the operations better and more efficient for the employees performing the operations. Listen to your employees in the operations more (roundtable meetings on process improvement). Share your own ideas/plans with a site-specific Process... Improvement Committee so that information can be passed down to floor level workers to reassure that we are working on improving the process. Raise the satisfaction level of the employees with little things such as, new equipment to replace the old and more competitions/drawings for small gifts that aren't based on performance. If we don't change, the future is not going to look good.

Ashley Furniture2018-08-04

"Ashley's Tuition Reimbursement Program"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Ecru, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I wanted to write a short letter to share my story and express my gratitude. Saturday, May 5, 2018, I earned my BS degree and finished a journey that began 29 years ago. My wife and I met and married in college. We were both Elementary Education majors with plans to teach kindergarten and possibly move into administration. She graduated in 1994 and I was slated to graduate the following year. However, I decided... to take a year off to get our finances and marriage on track. I had every intention of coming back the following year. One year became two years, then three, then four… Soon, kids were born and I was working long hours to make ends meet, working my way up the ladder through outside sales and into industrial management. There seemed to be no time nor money for college; however, in the back of my mind I kept looking for opportunities to return to school. At one point I contacted the school to see what was needed to complete my degree; I found that the laws had changed and instead of 18 hours of classwork, I now needed 55 hours for a teaching degree. That took all of the wind out of my sails and a big part of me gave up hope of ever graduating. I continued to work and learn from “on the job” experiences until a door finally opened at Ashley Furniture in Ecru, MS. I quickly realized this was home. I finally found a company that realized its greatest asset was its employees. A company that cared not only for the employees, but also for the families represented by each of those employees. A company that believed and practiced hiring for attitude and training for success. A company that believes an educated workforce is a successful workforce. It was here that I was encouraged to take another look at finishing my degree so there would be more opportunities for growth within the company. I called the school and found a program that worked into my schedule and perfectly fit my goals here at Ashley. In just over a year, I was able to complete a BS degree with concentrations in Business and Education while still maintaining my work schedule and a healthy family life. This was made possible through Ashley’s Tuition Reimbursement program and a management staff that not only encouraged me, but also did what they could to ensure my success. The reimbursement program is calculated based on the student’s grade in each course which provided the motivation I needed to maintain a 4.0 GPA. I feel that I am better prepared for the opportunities that lie ahead for me at Ashley. I also believe that there are many more employees who, like me, have hopes and dreams of bettering themselves through education. With my background in business and education, I believe I am on the path to helping them achieve those dreams. I want to be there when they get that “A-ha moment” and their eyes light up and I want to watch them tear up as they realize their dreams finally coming to fruition. I want to say thank you to Glenn Schick for working with my schedule around that one last class that was only offered during the day; without which I could not have graduated. And I want to say a very special thank you to Mr. Ron and Mr. Todd for providing programs such as the Tuition Reimbursement program. As I finally was able to walk across the stage and receive my degree, I realized that I could have never gotten there without Ashley. I look forward to many years together as we reap the benefits of this education. Thank you!

Cons

There is always areas for improvement in any organization. One such area would be stricter enforcement of the tobacco policy. We have designated tobacco areas but they are not enforced.

Ashley Furniture2018-05-29

"Decent"

Former Employee - Inventory Auditor in Ecru, MS

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A production sewing position , excellent benefits and incentives, management positions and lead positions, innovative to the industry

Cons

Long hours with not much family leeway given, out of touch management, non concern for family quality time

Advice to Management

Get in touch with employees

Ashley Furniture2018-03-19