Found 1,848 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and lots of money to be made as long as your willing to give up your life!" (in 134 reviews)
- "benefits were good and easy to access." (in 99 reviews)
- "Great people to work with on my team and those I worked with as peers and those I assisted." (in 76 reviews)
- "Good money for a non degree job and you don’t have to have experience I believe." (in 60 reviews)
- "Great superiors and coworkers make work enjoyable" (in 37 reviews)
- "Poor management,too much overtime!Poor working conditions!They say open door policy,but they ignore everything you say.This is the Whitehall,WI." (in 84 reviews)
- "Long hours and not appreciated enough for the work that you do" (in 59 reviews)
- "No work life balance at all" (in 56 reviews)
- "poor upper management." (in 30 reviews)
- "managing although Managers are great and understanding." (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ashley Furniture and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Dec 6, 2023Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTampa, FL
Great pay for the work required, low work load and good people to work with.
Requirements on days off Bonuses are promised but rarely achieved, the goals are set too high but the salary is good none the less
- 1.0Dec 5, 2023Human ResourcesCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTampa, FL
You can work here with little to no experience. However, the little amount of experience is quite noticeable when engaging with your fellow peers and leaders.
Archaic work environment alongside shady managers/directors. Truly cannot trust anybody. Must work in office 5 days a week but if you are special, you get special privilege and can come and go as you please, so there is no consistency. A miserable corporate life working alongside fellow miserable people if you choose to be employed here. Companies like this could choose to do better but instead turn a blind eye. They value the traditional bootlicker mentality over people who are sincerely just trying to do their job and go home.
- 2.0Nov 12, 2023Manager In Training (MIT)Former Employee, more than 1 year
Good commission structure with bonuses based on KPIs Decent training program for entry-level sales pros Fun Kahoot games in the morning meetings with opportunity to win prizes
The Trivett Group (Franchise owner of multiple locations throughout VA) promotes extremely toxic management practices within its upper management. Double standards makes leading your team feel impossible. Owner/Leaders do not protect their employees from assault and harassment. You will likely be relocated to a different store multiple times with very little notice (less than a week, sometimes the night before) regardless of your wishes or needs. The owner of the franchise group, Michael Trivett, preaches ignorant and unsubstantiated ideas and opinions about mental health, wellness, success, and productivity. Upper management is not open to feedback or willing to make any changes to better the company culture.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee
Great sales managers and support. Ample opportunity for growth and development as a salesperson
Don't have any complaints - requires dedication and commitment to career path in order to be successful, as does any sales position.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Experienced Senior HR GeneralistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMississippi City, MS
Family environment Great and vast opportunity to move and grow. Supportive teammates Top notch benefits
Pros outweigh the cons any day!
- 1.0Oct 13, 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSandusky, OH
Absolutely no Pros what so ever besides Employee discount
Everything about working there besides the discount is a con, I was told at my interview that I would be working 20 hours a week 5 days a week after my first three months I was suddenly working every single day with zero days off. Management was abusive and constantly belittled me for being autistic despite being one of the best reps at the location. When I finally stood up for myself the Manager threatened to end my career in retail if I ever talked to him like that again corporate did nothing about it after submitting a formal complaint so I quit without notice and blocked all the known numbers from Ashley Home Store2
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023Health Safety Security CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsMesquite, TX
Learn new skills Opportunity for Growth Competitive Wage Continuous Improvement
Long Hours Both Manufacturing and DC too close Hot environment
- 3.0Oct 15, 2023Warehouse AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAdvance, NC
$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$& benefits are ok. There mental health coverage is garbage
Worked there 5 years without incident no write ups no disciplinary infraction at all. Then in April 2022 a reach truck collided with my cherry picker. We were both drug tested. He admitted fault. He passed I failed (marijuana) I was terminated as I should have been. Was told I could return in one year. Only to find out lifetime ban. Exact words of hr “lifetime ban”. Also work life balance no good.2
- 1.0Sep 6, 2023UpholstererCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Consistent hours even when things are skuw
Management can’t be trusted. They say whatever you need to hear to accept the job and expect you to stay when they don’t keep their word. Promise to put you on productions lines with pay incentives once you are trained and efficient, become just as fast and efficient as th Whig on the line behind you making $16 more an hour than you only to be told repeatedly you’ll get on a line like that soon only to finally be told your training line with base pay is where you’ll stay cus it needs to be turned into a real line. All the while you are doing $36 an hour work but getting paid a fraction cus the rest of your line is constantly being replaced by new hires who quit after day 1
Ashley Furniture Reviews FAQs
Ashley Furniture has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,950 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Ashley Furniture to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
51% of Ashley Furniture employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ashley Furniture 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.