KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

2.4
Ashley Furniture President and CEO Todd Wanek
Todd Wanek

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ashley Furniture and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Satisfying work

Feb 26, 2019 - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good days feel great. Awesome days even better.

Cons

Bad days happen. Don't let it get to you.

1 person found this review helpful

Ashley Furniture Response

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate all that you do for Ashley and for your positive leadership in our store.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fair compensation

May 2, 2021 - Store Manager in Roanoke, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation fair party plans

Cons

Long hours no weekends off

Ashley Furniture Response

Thank you for your feedback on your employment at Ashley and for your service with our company.

3. 1.0

Unorganized Company

May 19, 2021 - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in Live Oak, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best salary in San Antonio market

Cons

Upper management definitely uses favoritism

Ashley Furniture Response

Thank you for your feedback. This Ashley HomeStore is operated by an affiliated company. We will pass along your comments to the appropriate resources there.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No home life

Dec 7, 2020 - Store Manager in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made decent money working 60+ hour weeks

Cons

Expect to have no life working for this company! Not enough money for the amount of work you put in! Mentally, physically and emotionally draining of a company who you are only a number easily replaceable.

Ashley Furniture Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review about your experience at Ashley Furniture. We take feedback from both our current and former employees very seriously, and we use this feedback to create a better environment for our employees. The people of Ashley Furniture Industries help this company truly define itself. We are committed to continuous improvement as a company while sticking to our Core and Growth Values. For these reasons, we strive to provide the best support possible to our employees and we apologize for not meeting your expectations. If you’d like to discuss these issues in more detail, please feel free to reach us at opinion@ashleyfurniture.com so that we can best address your concerns.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

High stress

Nov 12, 2020 - Store Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great leadership training

Cons

overworked, underpaid. No work and home life balance

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Store Manager/General Manager

Nov 15, 2018 - General Store Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Heart of Ashley resides in giving back and continuously improving. We are the largest Furniture manufacturer in the world and not just because we happened to be so, but mostly because our owners, leaders, teachers and pillars are truly inspired by elevating others around them. Merit is truly used to promote and recognize efforts. We don't believe in creating an empire of our own family members to lead at the top, we actually hire for attitude and train for skill. Fairness is found at Ashley and with that comes accountability as well. Ashley is a vehicle that is the fastest and strongest, and it can make a newcomer get a headstart quickly, however the newcomer has to commit to learning and being a student to begin seeing results in shapes of rewards-be it monetary, through people development or title based promotions.

Cons

Ashley has mostly been a manufacturer (since 1945) and recently a retailer (since around 1997). The transition has taken longer for it to be on pace with all the rest of the technology based giants. The drawback I see is thaf Ashley is trying to follow their path, where it should be pioneering a new path. Rolex has not changed their deep rooted history in order to compete. Rolex is still bought for it's hiatory and heritage. Ashley should keep it's history and heritage and its values, while merging it with new technology only to streamline its purchasing, processing and distribution.

Communications

Thank you for providing positive feedback about your experience at Ashley Furniture. Our company is defined by employees like you, and we’re happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us. We appreciate all that you do!

7. 5.0

Store

Nov 15, 2018 - Store Manager in Murrieta, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is not one negative thing about this company. Outstanding leadership all around

Cons

In my time with the company everything has always been a positive experience

Communications

8. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Sep 27, 2013 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Great owners, and employees, and co-workers

Cons

Work Life Balance...such is retail.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to advance a career.

Jun 23, 2015 - Home Store Delivery Driver in Arcadia, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great relationship with every supervisor I've had. My job includes driving, assembling and talking with customers and I enjoy going to work.

Cons

The biggest issues I face are when customers buy items that are too big for their homes. Customers being advised that they have a back ordered piece lacks at times.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Retail store manager

May 26, 2017 - Store Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and bonuses are great. The company is awesome and I love the daily grind. Ashley is a great company overall.

Cons

There is minimal time off, my days off are consumed with emails and phone calls and my time with my family is minimal.

2 people found this review helpful

Ashley Furniture Response

Thank you for providing your feedback about your experience at Ashley Furniture. We appreciative your service at our company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews