Ashley Furniture "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ashley Furniture Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 23, 2019

3.6
Ashley Furniture CEO Todd Wanek
Todd Wanek
Pros
  • "Good pay once you get your feet under you(in 26 reviews)

• "good benefits , good employee discoutnts(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is a little off at times but is getting better(in 37 reviews)

• "Long hours n unexpected changes can be difficult(in 34 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ashley Leadership Institute"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is ample opportunity for a driven individual with a good attitude to advance within the company. Ample learning opportunity daily with excellent challenges for someone looking to increase their problem solving skills. And excellent opportunity to collaborate and learn from some of the most intelligent individuals in the industries of manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, and finance.

Cons

Very busy environment and lean operations. There are many meetings, that do not allow for much time for execution. Difficult to maintain a work life balance. In the past, there has not been a concentration on succession planning, but efforts to concentrate more on this now.

Advice to Management

Allot more time for learning and training.

Ashley Furniture2018-11-15
  2. "Untruths Recruiting statements"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent

Cons

Supervisor and upper management would rather have a negative post on glassdoor then to sit a resolve negative issues. In fact, they told me to go ahead and post on glassdoor. When recruited 2 years ago, was offer eligible to work from home after one year. Also was offered in interview and 6 months after employment. Now that it is after my one year, not eligible for work at home. Company policy changed but they have... employees working from home. Feel like I was lied to again. We are to have weekly meetings which are canceled most of the time. If they have one, it is scheduled on my day off. Not properly trained on new processes that are implemented. Even the supervisor are not 100% sure on how things work. They will tell you that you can volunteer for overtime. But because no one wants to work, they make it mandatory which I understand. When you work their 5 hours mandatory overtime, then they tack on 9 hours more. When they are questioned that I have already did 5 so is that included in the 9, they say no. It has to be beween Thursday and Sunday. This is the second time I have worked at Ashley. There is no work, life balance. They will allow other employees "privileges" but when one brings this up, policies change. Other employees that took FMLA was.abke.to take this and work from home. But now that I am on FMLA to take care of my husband, who is to be having surgery. I cannot but 3 other employees before in in the last year could. If there is weather that we are not able to make it into work, Ashley allows to work from home. Customers are rude. Only place I know that can argue with customers then swear on the site. When they ask for a supervisor, certain supervisors will refuse to speak to them. During training, they tell you, you are the new eyes to Ashkey and ask why. Supervision tells you that you no longer work at your last job. I worked online customer service for 7.5 years before applying to Ashley. They actually trained you to be a customer service representatives. Now regretting. Ashley let me go in 2/2009, due to the poor economy, but was hiring in 5/2009. I moved on. Waiting for the day that Ashley does it again. Again looking for a different job. Really too many thing to list. I used to be opened minded. Keeping my suggestions to myself. Let them figure it out.

Advice to Management

Keep your hiring statements true to what your recruiters tell. Learn how to train proper customer service not only your difficult systems. Be more streamlined, not all over the place. More consistent, not just that Todd changed I his mind.

Ashley Furniture2019-10-24
  3. "Tugger"

Former Employee - Tugger in Ripley, MS

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, good people

Cons

Management. Work life Balance, Breaks.

Advice to Management

Suck it up buttercup.

Ashley Furniture2019-08-11
  4. "Run away! Employees are nothing but replaceable equipment to the leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesport, PA

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

you get to meet nice people to work with.

Cons

The leadership has no idea what they are doing and they make you work 6 days a week 10 or 11 hours a day with little or no notice. No work life balance. Average stay new employees is few weeks.

Advice to Management

Fire all leadership in Leesport.

Ashley Furniture2019-05-16

"Good pay/Horrible work-life balance/Have to be a politician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good compensation/benefits - There are some good people, you just have to learn who they are before you let your guard down. - Good snacks in the office. However, if you are a warehouse associate, you’re lucky to have plastic cutlery stocked, much less good vending options. - Great resume booster - If you stay long enough, you will learn a lot

Cons

- Human Resources - Upper management - Processes change daily - Bad communication (getting 600 emails a day isn’t efficient) - High turnover - Work-Life balance is a total and complete joke. Much like a Santa Claus, it’s a ficticiois concept that many would like to believe is real, but simply isn’t. - The culture in the Brandon DC is the worst I ever hope to work in. It is poisonous. If you want to enjoy... coming to work every day, not feel like you are in a political war zone, maybe have a little work-life balance, and are compassionate for human beings, do not work in the Brandon location.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in the lowest employees shoes and ask yourself “what’s the incentive for them working here?” If your only thought is because they don’t have a degree or anywhere else to work, that’s not a good enough reason. Start treating all people with respect and compassion before they unionize.

Ashley Furniture2019-01-15

"Pros and Cons but overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

travel opportunities, great company values, career opportunities

Cons

no work/life balance, only basic benefits, no sick days, very few holidays and minimal vacation days, no flex time or flexible schedule; suffering from silo culture but trying to get more collaborative

Advice to Management

treat employees as you want to be treated, give flex time and sick time so that employees don't have to use vacation days when they are sick or come to the office and infect everyone....very bad policy or lack thereof; continue to break down silos and empower team members to collaborate across departments

Ashley Furniture2018-11-15
  7. "Regional Transportation Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Transportation Manager in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Down to earth owners Job Security Excellent Pay Top of the line benefits Great work environment Excellent Work Equipment Nationwide Community Support

Cons

Work- Life balance: We have a relentless approach when it comes to work ethic and GSD. I understand this is what it takes to remain competitive and continue to make our brand stronger, I am fully onboard with this strategic approach. I think we need to find a way to attack our problem with home time. On average I work between 60-68 Hrs. per week, it would be an improvement to see this reduced to 50-55 Hrs. per week.

Advice to Management

We need to understand what our teams are doing each week, the barriers they face and how we can help them exceed goals. As leaders your team is a reflection of how well you manage them. It's not about how many hours you work each week, it's about what you are able to accomplish each week and if those items are value added to the organization.

Ashley Furniture2018-11-06

"Job Stability but Outdated Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company is strong and provides job security - Opportunity for growth

Cons

- Culture is outdated - No work-life balance - Unqualified management - Unorganized and no training programs - Low wages compared to rest of the country

Advice to Management

- Fix pay structure. Employees with no experience and education come in higher than employees with experience. - Promoting from within is nice, but with no plan or training, you have unqualified people in managerial roles that don't address behaviors and bring down morale. - Adapting a culture from this century will help attract and retain employees. Outdated policies and practices will only continue to... generate turnover. Work life balance may not have been important, but valuing your employees and giving them a reason to want to work hard is what is needed in today's workforce.

Ashley Furniture2018-11-14

"Operations Manager"

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time

Pros

Benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision.

Cons

No work life balance, too much stress, no vacation days.

Ashley Furniture2018-10-19
  10. "Okay Entry Level"

Former Employee - Corporate in Arcadia, WI

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Never a dull moment.

Cons

Work/life balance is lacking.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to have a personal life. You may find less turnover at all levels.

Ashley Furniture2018-09-11