Ashley Furniture "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ashley Furniture President and CEO Todd Wanek
Todd Wanek

"Don't do it!"

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time

Pros

There are literally none. You'll find some awesome coworkers as someone else said, but everyone is interviewing - so don't get attached.

Cons

IT at Ashley furniture is a black hole, according to the chairman of the board and owner - Ron Wanek. I have never seen a company care less about its employees than Ashley. You are one of 26,000 employees and its made clear that you wouldn't be missed if you left. If you go back in history a bit on this website, you can see that it used to be a good place to work - all of that has changed. New executive leadership and new stringent rules about core hours made this place the hell hole that it is now. The entire 3rd floor is disorganized and management only looks out for each other. You are a nobody, and don't forget it. Brown nosers and butt kissers are rewarded heavily; while people that just work hard and head home to their families after work are left behind. There are TONS of other IT jobs in the Tampa area with better pay, more flexibility, and better work life balance - another opportunity won't be hard to find. If you are being recruited from out of state, they do that on purpose because the rumors of what a terrible company it is to work for haven't traveled your way yet. The IT community in Tampa is small and people talk. Beware!

Advice to Management

Start over from scratch, try again, do something. Start with recognizing when it all started to go downhill -- and there's your problem.

Ashley Furniture2017-02-15

"Director Global Command and Support Center"

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an exciting company on the cutting edge of technology. As a whole the organization is toward Agile alignment. This is a very supportive environment. Assistance is never far away. You can come into this organization and expect your voice to be heard by executive management. It is amazing the amount of accessibility you will have to founders and executive team. Express yourself and your concerns will be taken notice. If you are only looking for a job, then this is not the company for you. This is a place that promotes and actually lives up to REAL career growth.

Cons

Work life balance can sometimes be a bit lopsided, however, that will depend on your role.

Advice to Management

Continue to in your general direction. Please continue to listen to your people, because I can assure you they are thankful to have you leading them.

Ashley Furniture2016-11-28

"IT"

in Arcadia, WI

I worked at Ashley Furniture for more than 5 years

Pros

You are exposed to many different technologies. Lots and lots of projects.

Cons

No time to do anything the right way. Always on call. No appreciation for a work / life balance. They just don't care.

Advice to Management

You need to understand that people need a balance in their lives. You actually need to act like human beings.

Ashley Furniture2016-10-11
  4. "Polymer Production Supervisor"

Production Supervisor in Leesport, PA

I worked at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Weekly pay is great, company empowers management to make sound decisions, fast-paced environment with 0 downtime. Great place to work with the ability to be promoted.

Cons

Moderate to low "work-life" balance because of mandatory overtime. I had no issue with overtime, provided more opportunities to learn/grow in my role and more money to provide for my family.

Advice to Management

Management is absolutely amazing with a ton of responsibilities, they are non-stop busy. I would suggest developing concise/in-depth training modules for employees as well as management on the floor (supervisors). Provide in-depth training of AS 300 and AIS. Great management team to work for.

Ashley Furniture2016-08-26

"Would not recommend"

Office in Arcadia, WI

I worked at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Great co-workers, on-site cafeteria, ample parking, free turkey at Thanksgiving.

Cons

Very strict, "no fun" atmosphere - "more working, less talking", can't have your cell seen, can't listen to music, too much work - needed to hire more people for the amount of work being done. Staff worked at an insane pace all day, every day. That together with the strict atmosphere was way more than I could take. No work/life balance. Many processes and procedures are done as if the business is still small vs. the multi-billion dollar company that it is, lots of inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

Loosen up!!

Ashley Furniture2016-08-05
  6. "Ashley Furn Ind"

General and Operations Manager in Pontotoc, MS

I have been working at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Never a shortage of work. Very aggressive taker of market share.

Cons

Work/life balance. Current boss is hard to work with.

Ashley Furniture2016-02-20
  7. "Terrible- one of the worst places I ever worked."

I worked at Ashley Furniture

Pros

I really cant think of anything to put here, but this is a required field.

Cons

No work life balance- many people working late into the night or early morning hours. Very stressful atmosphere. A lot of backstabbing between team members and teams. Started with upper management & went all the way fown the ladder.

Ashley Furniture2016-03-02

"Corporate is a Disaster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

An adequate employee discount

Cons

No work life balance They don't close the doors at night in some desperate attempt for more sales They offer store bonuses if certain numbers are met, yet the numbers are consistently unattainable The company's customer care is an embarrassment to the idea of customer service itself A lot of the special order items are confusingly difficult considering customers can pay less on Amazon and get it sooner

Advice to Management

Clean up your corporate and regional offices. They are making you look like fools.

Ashley Furniture2016-03-11

"All Talk No Heart for Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Advance, NC

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ashely has good benefits. I truly think the ownerships wants to do good by there people but it cannot be proven because of so many managers and superintendents that don't give one whit about the issue of treating people well.

Cons

Work Life balance is absolutely horrible. The leaders do not care. A lot of talk about treating people well, safety and opportunity... But no follow through. Their idea of good safety practice is making the employee sign forty documents a day so that they can say to OSHA that they are doing everything they can. Pay is below par for the same positions elsewhere. Piecework pay system is skewed in the favor of the company and seldom benefits the operator. The only thing management cares about is corrective actions documented at every level so at to protect the company.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like animals. Start practicing what you preach. Maybe the owners need to do an undercover boss episode... When V.P.'s are micro managing operators and supervisors they are wasting time money and resources. Way too many silos and dotted line authority structures to be helpful to the employees or the customers. If I were Todd I would reach out to all the people who have left the company in the last year with a well thought out survey. I think he would be amazed.

Ashley Furniture2016-02-27

"Part of Human Resources team"

Current Employee - Trainer/Translator in Reading, PA

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many entry-level positions for new graduates and plenty of overtime available.

Cons

Does not provide an adequate work/life balance and few advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

The lack of recognition from managers pushes good employees away.

Ashley Furniture2015-09-20