Ashton Potter Reviews | Glassdoor

Barry Switzer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Packager"

I worked at Ashton Potter full-time

Pros

Great social atmosphere for employees to work in. Very professional and believes in top quality work. Over all a good company to work for and to build up experience. the company is always concerned with the satisfaction of its clients and employees. If you are looking to get your foot in the door with mail and printing this is a good place to have for experience.

Cons

Some of the positions are promoted within the company but the ability to grow within is limited for those seeking a career. The pay is average at best for each position offered. The real money making jobs are with the printing operators and other higher level positions.

2. "Low morale"

Former Employee - Cutter in Williamsville, NY
    Former Employee - Cutter in Williamsville, NY

I worked at Ashton Potter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a lunch break. You get a smoke break. You may get mandatory overtime if that's your sort of thing. You may be eligible for food stamps if you work here.

Cons

Low morale. No incentive to go above and beyond. Raises are meager. Promotions don't happen. Benefits are non existent. Management is incompetent and has no appreciation for the work of their employees. You are lower than a dog to them.

Advice to Management

Two words: Job Satisfaction (if you went to Business School you know what this is). If not you probably are a manager at Ashton Potter.

3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at Ashton Potter full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The heat works in the winter (Sometimes).
    The air conditioning works in the summer (sometimes).

Cons

Rude upper and middle management.
    POVERTY WAGES WITH MINISCULE RAISES.
    Treated like children at best, cattle at worst.

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings for your employees.

4. "Contract Worker"

Pros

I was a contract engineer working for this company. I really see no pros to working for this company. They were supposably expanding into new business operations but what I saw was just the opposite!

Cons

This company is very poorly run and managed. I'm no financial expert but based on my own observations I saw a very mismanaged and insolvent company. Twenty years ago I worked for a company that was very insolvent like this one with the same telltale signs: horrible credit rating with vendors and suppliers; cash or credit card only; volunteer layoffs for employees, etc.. That company finally went belly-up a few months after I left. Don't waste your time with this company!

Advice to Management

Manage better!